Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Saw something outside my door yesterday that I've never seen before.......a spider capturing and killing a bumblebee.

When I got home, I noticed the bee struggling in a web and was about to release it. Then I noticed the spider moving around it and wondered if that was the right thing to do (ethical dilemma).

I decided that I should let nature take its course - maybe the bee would escape, maybe not.

Then I noticed that the spider was doing circuits of the bee, wrapping it ever tighter in thread while giving it the occasional prod. The bee was struggling violently but ineffectively and poking at the spider.

I returned a while later to find the bee now tied much more tightly and struggling much more feebly.

The last time I returned, there was no sign of either of them, but there was a little crevice in the brickwork next to the web.....from which I'm sure that I heard the crunching of bones. :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Alf Bentley said:

Saw something outside my door yesterday that I've never seen before.......a spider capturing and killing a bumblebee.

When I got home, I noticed the bee struggling in a web and was about to release it. Then I noticed the spider moving around it and wondered if that was the right thing to do (ethical dilemma).

I decided that I should let nature take its course - maybe the bee would escape, maybe not.

Then I noticed that the spider was doing circuits of the bee, wrapping it ever tighter in thread while giving it the occasional prod. The bee was struggling violently but ineffectively and poking at the spider.

I returned a while later to find the bee now tied much more tightly and struggling much more feebly.

The last time I returned, there was no sign of either of them, but there was a little crevice in the brickwork next to the web.....from which I'm sure that I heard the crunching of bones. :ph34r:

Your posts are getting madder by the day lol 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Just let it Bee

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

So after the spider ate him, 2 bee-came 1 (to fit in with your Spice Girls fantasy).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

So after the spider ate him, 2 bee-came 1 (to fit in with your Spice Girls fantasy).

:nigel:

(It was a dream, not a fantasy - I'm a sad git, but not as sad a git as to sit around fantasising about the Spice Girls....particularly not having them tell me to f-off or to make mugs of tea!)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

:nigel:

(It was a dream, not a fantasy - I'm a sad git, but not as sad a git as to sit around fantasising about the Spice Girls....particularly not having them tell me to f-off or to make mugs of tea!)

Thou doth protest too much :D

7 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Over 40C with the humidity here today. Decided to visit my brother in law, or more importantly, his pool.

Was 34 celsius, feels like 42 in milton. Bloody scorcher out there and tough to breathe in. Been like this for what two weeks now? No end in site. Its going to dip to 28 or so over the weekend but by Wednesday back to 30+. My front lawn has barely and green grass left. That storm of rain did nothing last night and it was torrential!

10 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Was 34 celsius, feels like 42 in milton. Bloody scorcher out there and tough to breathe in. Been like this for what two weeks now? No end in site. Its going to dip to 28 or so over the weekend but by Wednesday back to 30+. My front lawn has barely and green grass left. That storm of rain did nothing last night and it was torrential!

I don't have a lawn, but I see them all suffering.

Looks like some rain is coming this weekend though.

4 hours ago, spacemunky said:

I don't have a lawn, but I see them all suffering.

Looks like some rain is coming this weekend though.

Yes but that wont do anything as the ground is probably dried mud for quite a bit lol first world problems though!

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1

it was alright till the Leicester game, then the usual crap,

another decent day part way ruined by another gutless,spineless performance

it just pissing me off to see us go down without a fight, i can take a defeat but jesus at times we just roll over, thats what gets on my nerves 

4 hours ago, Webbo said:

Fcking weather, 2 gates to gloss to finish a job, just get the kit out and it starts to rain. 

Went back when it brightened up, just putting the last brushful on and it starts raining again. Chances are  all what ive done today is fcked.