Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

11 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Had one, sedation free, and it's the worst thing you can have done without anaesthetic being mandatory. Absolutely ****ing awful. 

22 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Had an endoscopy today. I expected it 5ro be an unpleasant 3/4 mins....and it was. 

I was OK in the run up, then got into what looked like an operating theatre, 4 staff in there and it all looked a bit serious ...and I.kinda thought, shite. I don't fancy this and almost felt like backing out.  

Still, glad I did it after it was done 

22 hours ago, Rain King said:

I went for one last year. Felt fine until they started and I kept almost being sick so they had to stop. Horrendous experience.

22 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

At least you didn't bazz out and have the sedation. Sedation is for wimps 

22 hours ago, StanSP said:

I had one done a few years ago. Also without sedation. 

Very weird and uncomfortable experience. 

I just hope you guys never have to experience a Sigmoidoscopy >_<

On 28/05/2021 at 20:10, Paninistickers said:

Had an endoscopy today. I expected it 5ro be an unpleasant 3/4 mins....and it was. 

I was OK in the run up, then got into what looked like an operating theatre, 4 staff in there and it all looked a bit serious ...and I.kinda thought, shite. I don't fancy this and almost felt like backing out.  

Still, glad I did it after it was done 

Having both an upper and a lower endoscopy is pretty gruesome. The nightmare begins the previous day, when you're given vast amounts of a revolting salty liquid to empty the bowels. Then on the morning of the day itself, you're quite dehydrated and hungry, but not allowed to eat anything until after the procedure. Sedation is a must imo. Saying that it's just for wimps is nonsense. The upper one requires a local anaesthetic to numb the throat to get the camera down. A banana-flavoured one is not unpleasant. The pain occurs when they start snipping bits of the GI tract off for the biopsy, especially if it's done by a trainee doctor. To add to the 'fun', the patient may be invited to watch the action live via the video link, which I'd not recommend.    

6 hours ago, String fellow said:

Having both an upper and a lower endoscopy is pretty gruesome. The nightmare begins the previous day, when you're given vast amounts of a revolting salty liquid to empty the bowels. Then on the morning of the day itself, you're quite dehydrated and hungry, but not allowed to eat anything until after the procedure. Sedation is a must imo. Saying that it's just for wimps is nonsense. The upper one requires a local anaesthetic to numb the throat to get the camera down. A banana-flavoured one is not unpleasant. The pain occurs when they start snipping bits of the GI tract off for the biopsy, especially if it's done by a trainee doctor. To add to the 'fun', the patient may be invited to watch the action live via the video link, which I'd not recommend.    

Ive had an endoscopy once and colonoscopy twice because my mum died of colon cancer. Was given meds for all 3 and watched the first colonoscopy.  Had 0 issues and thankfull (knocking on wood) colon is and continues to be good.

I do have an issue with hiatus hernia but they wont operate so mehhh.

• Like 1

Took the family to Skegness, which I was f****** dreading but had a great time.

Admittedly didn't get into Skegness itself until quite late in the day when it had quietened down A BIT, but although it's easy to get sniffy about such places and the clientele, everyone seemed pretty chill and just glad to be out and about.

Skeg has had a few quid spent on it since I was last there, which always helps and naturally my kids think it's one of the greatest places in the world

9 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Took the family to Skegness, which I was f****** dreading but had a great time.

Admittedly didn't get into Skegness itself until quite late in the day when it had quietened down A BIT, but although it's easy to get sniffy about such places and the clientele, everyone seemed pretty chill and just glad to be out and about.

Skeg has had a few quid spent on it since I was last there, which always helps and naturally my kids think it's one of the greatest places in the world

When I was a kid, one of the words used to promote Skeggy  was 'bracing'. Just to prove it, I googled and came up with the below. 'Bracing' lol, what a selling point. Only time I saw the sea then though.

Vintage Skegness Ad - Skegness is so Bracing - Man Poster | Zazzle.com

13 minutes ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

When I was a kid, one of the words used to promote Skeggy  was 'bracing'. Just to prove it, I googled and came up with the below. 'Bracing' lol, what a selling point. Only time I saw the sea then though.

Vintage Skegness Ad - Skegness is so Bracing - Man Poster | Zazzle.com

When I stood on the beach (at that point a couple of miles north of Skeg admittedly) yesterday, with the sun shining and the huge expanse of space around me, the cool wind off the North Sea in my face, after so much time couped up at home, it WAS a selling point.

To our friend we were with who hadn't checked the forecast properly and didn't even bring a jumper, probably less so

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

, it WAS a selling point.

To our friend we were with who hadn't checked the forecast properly and didn't even bring a jumper, probably less so

Yep, rookie mistake that. I always loved Skeggy, just found the bracing tagline an odd selling point. Havn't been there for years. Maybe one good thing to come out of the pandemic will be a (consistent) rise in people taking UK holidays, allowing these run down seaside towns to spend a little money. That's probably more hope than expectation. Shame really, as there's beautiful coastline in the UK.

Today wasn't too bad - turned up for a client visit this morning to an apology that the visit can't take place but I should invoice them in full anyway.

And whilst I was sat in the sunshine by the Thames eating an ice cream, wondering what I will do with the rest of the day - my nephew texted me to say that he's bought us both tickets for Kasabian at De Montfort.

Result all round :D   

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Milo said:

Today wasn't too bad - turned up for a client visit this morning to an apology that the visit can't take place but I should invoice them in full anyway.

And whilst I was sat in the sunshine by the Thames eating an ice cream, wondering what I will do with the rest of the day - my nephew texted me to say that he's bought us both tickets for Kasabian at De Montfort.

Result all round :D   

Had no idea they were touring after all UK radio stations have dropped them, I didn't realise they were carrying on without Tom either. Not sure how it works unless they are replacing him. 

Might try and get tickets though on Friday 

I upgraded my phone today from an i-phone 6s plus to an i-phone xr. 

I had the 6s plus for about 4 years and love it, but my daughter said it won't do software upgrades soon so I needed a new one. The xr seemed a reasonable price/similar size etc.

How good is 'face ID' though? Fvckin amazing invention really. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I had the 6s plus for about 4 years and love it, but my daughter said it won't do software upgrades soon so I needed a new one. The xr seemed a reasonable price/similar size etc.

You do know Apple are watching you, don't you? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Unless you spend a large amount of time wearing a mask   :rolleyes:

(Or are an identical twin)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Think your young and with the kids now with your apple..I remember you with your Nokia 5210!!! Show off...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Sorry we missed your Shinganniversary mate, hope you forgive us.

That reminds me of Jools Holland's New Year "Hootenanny".

Perhaps @StanSPshould stage an annual music festival to raise the profile of his anniversary: "Stan's Shingannanny"?

2 hours ago, deejdeej said:

Booked the week off to sort out the patio in my back garden. Got 4 bulk bags of hardcore and 3 bulk bags of sand sitting on my driveway.

Day 6 and I'm still digging lol:thumbdown:

I'd offer to help ya deej, but its quite a long drive :D

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bert said:

Has anyone ever met a bus driver that’s not a miserable twat? 

I'm not a miserable twat and I've met loads of bus drivers

• Haha 4