Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

7 minutes ago, the fox said:

African-americans who never stepped a foot in Africa saying that north Africans aren't "African". 

Sorry Foxy ..   I’ve got to ask ..  what DO they think they are ...    ???      

Very very  south Europeans maybe ?? ...       :unsure:

27 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Sorry Foxy ..   I’ve got to ask ..  what DO they think they are ...    ???      

Very very  south Europeans maybe ?? ...       :unsure:

Just another group of non-black invaders feeding off Africa. If you don't look stereotypical African (some of them think that most Africans are far darker then your average Africans american.) Then you're not African.

Just a google search of the word "Berbers" will show that not all Africans were/are black.

Some of them think north Africans are trying to claim they are black. north African are not trying to claim they are white nor black As far as I know. some claim to be Amazigh, others claim to be Arabs or Sahrawi. 

Edited by the fox

It's sad because the last thing our continent need is more disjoint. I won't lie, there is some massive tension between the north and the rest of the continent (well, there is tension between north African countries but that's neither here nor there).

It gets really ugly sometimes and I won't hide it, there is hate and racism from both parties which is rarely talked about. The AFCON is close and it will be held in Egypt so you can expect the hate to be at an all time high. Nothing brings the nasty out of people like football in this continent. 

1 hour ago, the fox said:

Just another group of non-black invaders feeding off Africa. If you don't look stereotypical African (some of them think that most Africans are far darker then your average Africans american.) Then you're not African.

Got it !! ...   this mate of mine is obviously VERY African ! ...   I’ll let him know when I see him next ...   :thumbup:

9451B2BB-207B-4605-8726-6B882E0E5D81.jpeg

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, the fox said:

It's sad because the last thing our continent need is more disjoint. I won't lie, there is some massive tension between the north and the rest of the continent (well, there is tension between north African countries but that's neither here nor there).

It gets really ugly sometimes and I won't hide it, there is hate and racism from both parties which is rarely talked about. The AFCON is close and it will be held in Egypt so you can expect the hate to be at an all time high. Nothing brings the nasty out of people like football in this continent. 

Morocco have bid for the World Cup a few times stating it would have the dual benefits of being African and Arabic. So I guess that doesnt resonate with other africans?

3 hours ago, the fox said:

African-americans who never stepped a foot in Africa saying that north Africans aren't "African". 

I've noticed "Egypt is not Africa" is a line heard quite frequently when discussing or reading about antiquities from American authors.

6 minutes ago, MattP said:

I've noticed "Egypt is not Africa" is a line heard quite frequently when discussing or reading about antiquities from American authors.

I suppose it depends on how you define being African. Geographically it clearly is but ethnically and culturally it is Arab.

The fox is quite correct about the Berbers, though; genetically, their presence can be traced back to Neolithic times and historically inhabited land all over North Africa and as far South as the Niger.

5 hours ago, Nalis said:

Morocco have bid for the World Cup a few times stating it would have the dual benefits of being African and Arabic. So I guess that doesnt resonate with other africans?

Oh boy, time for some African geopolitics lol

Believe it or not, some north Africans hate being called Arabs. Im talking about Amazigh (mainly some Algerians and Moroccans). It gets proper nasty between North Africans and Middle easterns sometimes.

An example from when some Arab nations didn't vote for Morocco or when an Algerian side played an Iraqi side (football)

To goes something like this:

Middle eastern (I will refer to them as ME from now on and "NA" for north Africans): "some stupid reason (90℅ of the time it's about football)"

NA: "well, you are this and that"

ME: "well, you are also this and that"

Now emotions are high and nasty words starts flying but it ends in a few Twitter replys with things going nowhere followed by people from different Arab countries picking side which triggers  the POST-CREDIT SCENE! :frantics:

Here the NA who don't think they are Arab jump in.

ME side: "you north Africans are a shame to the Arab nation"

NA asid: "who you calling Arab! We are amazigh! More than 3rd of Algerians and Moroccans are Amazigh"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSy-vsc-ScGbb1aq2PaJEP

I wish I was lying but I've seen many arguments on twitter going down just like that. It felt like deja vu lol

Anyways, back to the subject. The NA side thinks that the south sides with each-other and vise versa. Again, it goes back to football. The south will call the north non-african,  only calling themselves African when it suits them (which tbf, holds some truth). The NA people will reply "we are Amazigh", the south side will reply "we do not except this!". NA replys " well, I guess we ain't African, how about that!". South side replys " I know they are not really african!"

*the Somalis in the background*

QlSTkOL.gif&token=AQAALyI9XPmCQKDKQ72cnF

Well, it goes something like that lol

It goes far deeper then that. It's too complicated and my knowledge is limited so I can't paint a better picture for how South Africans and Middle easterns feel about north Africans.

Some Africans don't think NAs are African, Some MEs don't think that NAs are Arabs, some NAs don't think they are Arabs but they can't say they are not African because they LIVE in Africa! An identity crises right there.

But I tell you something, xenophobia is far uglier here then people think. Some People from the north will call the people from the south "African" as a sign of their skin color and Some from the south will always look at the NA as intruders and colonisers. Never calling them "African". A marriage between the two parties is rarely seen and France is where they get along the most because they are both immigrants. (Speaking from experience because I've got cousins living there and one of them is married to a black women which is considered like it should be, fine!). 

Tbh, I don't think it's about skin, but about culture. There are a lot (and I mean a lot) of dark skin North Africans living just fine with people with skin as white as a stereotypical Englishmen and eyes as blue as the sky. Marriage and all that. It's like your nationality decides how you get treated, not how you look.

Well, put it this way, if you put the extended family of an average Algerian with no background of who they are, you will probably lable some as European, others as Somalis, some as Arabs, and even some as native American or Latin American. I had a picture of my late grandfather (my mothers side) who looked like a Mohawk away from being  a Native-american chief lol whilst my other late grandfather (from my Father's side) looked as white as a person can be except the Yellow hair and blue eyes.

Edited by the fox
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MattP said:

This is a huge can of worms. Southern Africans believe that the ancient Egyptians were all black, (well, some of them looked like southern African because duh! Egypt is in Africa) which I disagree with. I think they were neither black nor white. Some looked like salah (it's a joke that half of the Egyptian men look like salah) and also looked like this Egyptian actor.

172918180_images(3).jpeg.ce840cc011f07be4aa85d7090a02f72b.jpeg

Anyways, it goes down to racial stereotyping. African= black. Ancient Egyptians =/= black (even though there are records that some of them were) so, Egypt=/= Africa. There are some racist undertones there.

6 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Got it !! ...   this mate of mine is obviously VERY African ! ...   I’ll let him know when I see him next ...   :thumbup:

9451B2BB-207B-4605-8726-6B882E0E5D81.jpeg

See you've met my father inlaw. Whats happening on the island the bastard never paid for my ticket.

the almost ubiquitous

Spectacles,

testicles,

wallet

and watch,

followed by kissing their finger/s 

followed by pointing up to the mythical sky creature, 

followed by touching the grass

followed by the pounding of the badge/heart

followed by hug teammate coming off/on

followed by high five

every ****ing time someone gets substituted on

or off..

or scores,

or starts the game,

or returns to the pitch after half time

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Stadt said:

Idiots that don't think we press, just cos Vardy doesn't do silly sprints chasing lost causes now it doesn't mean we don't press. In fact we're quite good at it.

Hmmm. 

We press in our third, out of it we hold shape. Occasionally someone will break rank and push play up (I remember Hamza doing it at one point first half last week) and everyone follows but it isn't common. 

The number one defensive priority under Puel, with and without the ball, is holding the shape. 

The only exception is Maddison during attacking phases in a 433.

3 hours ago, ozleicester said:

the almost ubiquitous

Spectacles,

testicles,

wallet

and watch,

followed by kissing their finger/s 

followed by pointing up to the mythical sky creature, 

followed by touching the grass

followed by the pounding of the badge/heart

followed by hug teammate coming off/on

followed by high five

every ****ing time someone gets substituted on

or off..

or scores,

or starts the game,

or returns to the pitch after half time

Izzy put a picture in,believe it or not “ funny picture and photos “ thread of which I made a comment that this goal celebration was and always will be the best.

PS forgot rocking an imaginary baby and don’t get me started on that talking covering the mouth.

6E06997F-93E9-43AE-B346-925494C176CE.jpeg

3 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

Izzy put a picture in,believe it or not “ funny picture and photos “ thread of which I made a comment that this goal celebration was and always will be the best.

PS forgot rocking an imaginary baby and don’t get me started on that talking covering the mouth.

6E06997F-93E9-43AE-B346-925494C176CE.jpeg

When Colombia were cheating like crazy in the England game, I really wanted Vardy to score and do that celebration.

39 minutes ago, Izzy said:

When someone drops a SBD fart on a crowded Tube. Bang out of order and nowhere to run.

Must admit I’m a bit of an SBD man ..   not wanting to draw too much attention to what I was doing ...   unlike my dad who was very much the opposite.  I’ll never forget when I was about 10 and we had several family members visiting from Canada, whom we saw very rarely, and he just let rip ..   he was sitting in ‘his chair’ ..  a bit like Jim Royle in the Royle family ..   and with a big grin, looking from left to right, he said   “Who let the dog in ?!” ..    everyone just stared at him ...    we didn’t have a dog ..   :)

• Haha 1

On 13/01/2019 at 16:29, Finnegan said:

"And its LIVE" 

I didn't mind him saying it over the seasons he's been doing it for.

However, whenever he's said it in recent times, the manner in which he says that quote - it sounds as if he feels everyone knows he's going to say it and hence is trying to make it some form of a 2-second 'comedy' reaction from him by saying it in a funny voice.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Haha 1