Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

6 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

1. When people mess around with your formatting and formulas in word documents.

2. Grumpy bar staff when you are trying to enjoy a cheeky Friday afternoon drink.

Guess you're going to have a word with them then?

People who are unnecessarily anal about their work in progress word documents.  Don't give it to me if you don't want me to correct the glaring errors.

Oh and when you're using the calm before the storm to prep the bar for the worst shift of the week and some alcoholic shows up first doors expecting you to be in a great mood about dropping everything to fuel their sickness.

• Haha 4

People who are unnecessarily anal about their work in progress word documents.  Don't give it to me if you don't want me to correct the glaring errors.

Oh and when you're using the calm before the storm to prep the bar for the worst shift of the week and some alcoholic shows up first doors expecting you to be in a great mood about dropping everything to fuel their sickness.

Haha!

My documents are always well field tested. It's more that idiots manage to screw the formatting and delete/change the formulas... Even when locked down!

Fair enough on the alcoholic part!

23 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

1. When people mess around with your formatting and formulas in word documents.

2. Grumpy bar staff when you are trying to enjoy a cheeky Friday afternoon drink.

People who use the term cheeky for things.

Cheeky Nando's, a cheeky pint...

Nothing about it is cheeky. 

• Like 3

Sky Sports really pushing the 'more new channels' as a selling point.

Thing is they have the same thing on three channels most of the time.

Is there any point in all these new channels bar trying to con people and not very well.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Is there any point in all these new channels bar trying to con people and not very well.

I know, I really want to watch the footy but I don't want to pay Sky £20+, I'm hoping they get desperate soon and offer bigger, erm offers! 

12 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

I know, I really want to watch the footy but I don't want to pay Sky £20+, I'm hoping they get desperate soon and offer bigger, erm offers! 

I phoned them up a few weeks ago to renegotiate my broadband and while I was at it TV price, they lowered the broadband price but said phone back in a few weeks as there are plans to lower the TV prices but they're yet to be announced, they've fobbed me off basically but I am going to phone back, kick up a fuss, tell them (Politely) they're a conning people by having all the new channels yet having the same thing on 3 of these new channels and the simple fact they're losing more and more of what i'm interested in, Champions League, Rugby, Cricket (Ashes), Speedway, e.t.c, they can fuck their box sets and movies I ain't interested in any of them. They are usually pretty negotiable tbf.

Thing is I know i'm a hypocrite because I pay for Sky but wish they'd leave our games alone, they've fucked 3 away games I wanted to go to already!

Edited by Matt
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

You pay more for a match ticket, don't see the issue

Because I'd rather go to the games, which I do when I can, and I don't earn mega bucks to afford Sky TV in all its glory. As I work full time and don't claim benefits I can't afford to smoke 40 a day, drink every night and afford Sky on a 70 inch TV. 

7 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Because I'd rather go to the games, which I do when I can, and I don't earn mega bucks to afford Sky TV in all its glory. As I work full time and don't claim benefits I can't afford to smoke 40 a day, drink every night and afford Sky on a 70 inch TV. 

This makes no sense what so ever

On 12/08/2017 at 17:15, Matt said:

isn't it because you can buy channel by channel? so some things class as both channels, no? super sunday is a main event but it's also premier league, they can't not put it on one because some people are only paying for one channel. 

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

Writers/bloggers/journalists who bemoans tourists for ruining areas whilst not only distancing themselves from being coined a 'tourist' but judges people who are less travelled for not seeing the world.  

Ah but being a traveller is different to being a tourist!  Travellers explore new places, then blog about them and tell their mates so that future generations of poeple can visit as tourists, this trashing them, enabling the traveller to talk about the wonderful utopian time when they visited unspoiled places.

"You should have been in 'nam and Lao PDR back in the day man, might as well be in Thailand these days."

Edited by Jon the Hat
  • Like 1

The rape level situation in India.

Just heard about the poor 10-year-old girl having a baby via the above..

Extremely sickening and hope (but sadly doubt) this is a wake-up call to get the government there to make this sort of thing, or the number amount of sexual abuse that children suffer there being diminished as much as the country can able to.

Edited by Wymeswold fox