Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Some sanctimonious bint took great pleasure in shouting at me from the pavement to tell me there was "no light, no light" on my bike today on my ride home and will no doubt hold me in contempt with dangerous cyclists everywhere.

Nevermind the fact that there was a front light on my bike which has built in rechargeable battery that unfortunately ran out on my journey, a two way light on my helmet, a rear light, a reflective high vis coat and a reflective high vis bag cover. 

I understand the issue as a cyclist and a motorist but if she wasn't clearly so hateful of cyclists, she might've actually stopped to wonder why I didn't have a light on my front but was otherwise very visible.

39 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Some sanctimonious bint took great pleasure in shouting at me from the pavement to tell me there was "no light, no light" on my bike today on my ride home and will no doubt hold me in contempt with dangerous cyclists everywhere.

Nevermind the fact that there was a front light on my bike which has built in rechargeable battery that unfortunately ran out on my journey, a two way light on my helmet, a rear light, a reflective high vis coat and a reflective high vis bag cover. 

I understand the issue as a cyclist and a motorist but if she wasn't clearly so hateful of cyclists, she might've actually stopped to wonder why I didn't have a light on my front but was otherwise very visible.

That reminds me - cyclists!   Bloomin cyclists grind my gears, farting about on their toys that they should've grown out of, clogging up the roads and paying no tax.  

And why do those Sunday leisure cyclists have to get dressed up like Lance Armstrong to toddle along for a few miles.  I don't wanna see your skinny arses in lycra, double file, when I'm trying to overtake.

Bloomin menace they are and don't get me started on those that don't have rear lights....

Edited by murphy

19 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Just seen a build your own Terminator magazine advertised 120 issues at £8.99 each ? that’s a whopping £1078! Has anyone ever built anything from these magazines? Ridiculous.

Yeah but it actually time travels and kills people and stuff, that's pretty good value if you think about it

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, murphy said:

That reminds me - cyclists!   Bloomin cyclists grind my gears, farting about on their toys that they should've grown out of, clogging up the roads and paying no tax.  

And why do those Sunday leisure cyclists have to get dressed up like Lance Armstrong to toddle along for a few miles.  I don't wanna see your skinny arses in lycra, double file, when I'm trying to overtake.

Bloomin menace they are and don't get me started on those that don't have rear lights....

Are you still paying road tax?

More fool you. It was abolshed in 1937.

• Like 1

People being described as 'hero', 'legend' and 'inspirational' etc. for doing the most inane, unremarkable things.

Just read something about Jess Glynn being 'inspirational' for taking her make-up off at the Brit Awards. People are certainly easily inspired these days.

I can feel a debate guys lol

There is no right or wrong answer but to me, the classic 1-11 is....

1 - GK

2 - RB

3 - LB

4 - CM (defence minded midfielder)

5 - CB

6 - CB

7 - RM

8 - CM (attack minded midfielder)

9 - CF

10 - CF (second striker)

11 - LM

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nalis said:

1 - GK

2 - RB

3 - LB

5 - CB

6 - CB

7 - RM

9 - CF

10 - CF (second striker)

11 - LM

Pretty much spot on, although I think you could substitute 8 and 10. Lots of great 10 midfielders, and some number 8 strikers. 

Edited by bovril

22 minutes ago, Nalis said:

1 - GK

2 - RB

3 - LB

5 - CB

6 - CB

7 - RM

9 - CF

10 - CF (second striker)

11 - LM

As a kid first getting into football c. 1970, I learned the classic 2-3-5 formation. Players always had the number appropriate to their position, as I recall - and certainly no names on their backs, sponsorship names/logos, squad numbers or any of that newfangled crap! :D

1- Goalkeeper

2- Right full back

3- Left full back

4- Right halfback / Right half

5- Centre halfback / Centre half

6- Left halfback / Left half

7- Right winger

8- Right inside forward / Inside right

9- Centre forward

10- Left inside forward / Inside left

11- Left winger

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formation_(association_football)#2–3–5_(Pyramid)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formation_(association_football)#Metodo_(2–3–2–3)

Edited by Alf Bentley
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

A bit unorthodox but whenever I'm running an FM save I'll aim for the aesthetically pleasing lineup of:

1 - GK

2 - LB

3 - LCB

4 - RCB

5 - RB

6 - LM

7 - LCM

8 - RCM

9 - RM

10 - LCF

11 - RCF

Or the ascending L-R equivalent depending on the formation I'm trying to get my team to use.

That team number debate. This is the correct version...

1 - Goal-keeper

2 - Right-back

3 - Left-back

4 & 5 - Centre-backs

6 - defensive-minded midfielder

7 - Right winger

8 - forward-minded midfielder

9 & 10 - Strikers

11 - Left winger

• Like 2