Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Two absolutely horrendous adverts at the moment. 

The northern deliveroo bird needs to get in the sea, as does that Barclays woman taking to "money." 

Ughh. Diaf. 

I can't remember what company/product (a bank?) but the one pissing me off is the Asian woman blaming her dog for forgetting what she spent her money on.

Totally retarded.

The posts on the 'have your say' section on BBC pages, about 98% of angry nonsensical/deluded posts from pondlife meaning the 2% of semi sensible posts are lost in the crossfire. 

Makes this place look like a MENSA members forum in comparision.

30 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I can't remember what company/product (a bank?) but the one pissing me off is the Asian woman blaming her dog for forgetting what she spent her money on.

Totally retarded.

Could be Nationwide?

Bit of a bizarre campaign of pay day = save day, is that not what everyone tries to do anyway?

3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

The posts on the 'have your say' section on BBC pages, about 98% of angry nonsensical/deluded posts from pondlife meaning the 2% of semi sensible posts are lost in the crossfire. 

Makes this place look like a MENSA members forum in comparision.

The comments on the science-related articles make an incredibly compelling argument for an epistocracy in scientific decision-making at a national level, tbh.

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

Could be Nationwide?

Bit of a bizarre campaign of pay day = save day, is that not what everyone tries to do anyway?

Nah I've seen it first hand that it's not what people do! People wait far too late to begin saving sometimes. Granted there's other mitigating factors. 

I think it's a decent campaign with a simple message tbf. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Nah I've seen it first hand that it's not what people do! People wait far too late to begin saving sometimes. Granted there's other mitigating factors. 

I think it's a decent campaign with a simple message tbf. 

Fair enough I'm probably ignorant on this. Growing up we had fvck all and when my father found work he was still only spent what we usually did on the dole and zaved the rest so I guess it was drilled into me personally.

Always think its a good idea for people to chunk a percentage of money into another account as savings, even if you know if might be dipped into between pay days.

4 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

The comments on the science-related articles make an incredibly compelling argument for an epistocracy in scientific decision-making at a national level, tbh.

I enjoy your posts in that thread.

Also, I agree with your post above.

Also, only after I had to google what epistocracy meant....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Fair enough I'm probably ignorant on this. Growing up we had fvck all and when my father found work he was still only spent what we usually did on the dole and zaved the rest so I guess it was drilled into me personally.

Always think its a good idea for people to chunk a percentage of money into another account as savings, even if you know if might be dipped into between pay days.

I agree. It's always good to have a safety net or some kind of money to rely on if emergency strikes. 

Most rational people would do the same as what you and I just stated but I see sometimes temptations become too much. 

I know of one person who was a few thousand pounds in debt, at risk of losing their home, and they went out and got a brand new Mercedes on finance and spending £300/m for it. Their excuse? 'I needed it for work'. As if there were no other cars available lol

I think it's a mentality thing as well - being unable to priorities essential payments and then saving up on other stuff to afford the 'luxuries'. 

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

Could be Nationwide?

"Nationwide - we're on your side"

No you're not. You're a profit driven bank trying to fleece me with your hidden charges.

Fvck off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bovril said:

Worst advert has to be the Amazon one where a blind girl asks Alexa what the weather is outside. Possibly the most cynical thing I've seen in my life. 

Wouldn't mind but it tells her its "slight rain". Its pissing it down!

19 minutes ago, bovril said:

Worst advert has to be the Amazon one where a blind girl asks Alexa what the weather is outside. Possibly the most cynical thing I've seen in my life. 

9 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Wouldn't mind but it tells her its "slight rain". Its pissing it down!

dont get me started, like "how fars the moon" and alexa give a precise answer, which the mother relays as "pretty far" **** off

Something very petty that grinds my gears is the mis-use of the word 'average'.

It now seems to mean something poor, bad, or below expectations. 

Case in point today, people saying Liverpool were 'average' against Sheff Utd.  I'd say 'average' for Liverpool is playing very well, with exciting and attacking football. They were well below average today. 

Grrrrr.

5 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Case in point today, people saying Liverpool were 'average' against Sheff Utd.  I'd say 'average' for Liverpool is playing very well, with exciting and attacking football. They were well below average today. 

Grrrrr.

Average post.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DennisNedry said:

Grrrrr.

For most of our tike

back in the prem, we’ve had “bang average” players but that’d most of our players are better than they were at the time - if Ritchie De Laet was an average premier league defender he’d be loads better than he actually is