Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

People who claim to be straight talking and call a spade a spade, etc - why do they then get offended when you’re straight talking back to them pointing out what a rude, ignorant bellend they are...

Just saying it how it is, aren’t I...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 28/09/2019 at 12:27, Nalis said:

Bit of a bizarre campaign of pay day = save day, is that not what everyone tries to do anyway?

On 28/09/2019 at 12:30, StanSP said:

I think it's a decent campaign with a simple message tbf. 

I'm a saver so I applaud the message too.

On 28/09/2019 at 12:41, StanSP said:

It's always good to have a safety net or some kind of money to rely on if emergency strikes. 

I know of one person who was a few thousand pounds in debt, at risk of losing their home, and they went out and got a brand new Mercedes on finance and spending £300/m for it. 

I think it's a mentality thing as well - being unable to priorities essential payments and then saving up on other stuff to afford the 'luxuries'. 

We need better financial education in schools but parents should learn to say 'no' to their kids more.

I struggle to have much sympathy with those people who claim to be poor but don't prioritise their spending.

Just because I can afford something it doesn't mean I can justify it.

This all stems from my childhood when we were cash poor (b&w telly, second hand clothes, non big-branded sports kit etc) but rich in love and financial discipline.

Hated it at the time but taught me valuable lessons.

The older I get the more I appreciate my childhood.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Stop trying. Nobody can fall asleep while trying to fall asleep, it's literally impossible and it's the biggest trap we fall in to. 

Two best bits of advice I've been given for insomnia:

1. Give up. Accept that you aren't going to get eight hours (or whatever) of sleep and just try and enjoy relaxing physically if nothing else. Accept the fact you aren't going to fall asleep easily and don't attack yourself for it. 

2. Get up. If you do find yourself getting stressed, stop forcing it. Don't keep rolling around huffing at yourself, you're making yourself more stressed not less stressed. Again, we all do this, keep forcing it like "I'll be fine, I'll sleep in a minute..." no. Get up, go sit on the sofa and read a book or something. 

Great advice. I'd also recommend not using phone or laptops or any electronics with screen glare because it won't help, reading a book or a Kindle is much better.

7 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

People who lean forward and open their mouth fully open like they want to take a bite out you when they laugh.

I'm not adverse to being touched or hugged, but...

Laugh in your own personal space, you freak! :angry:

People who close their eyes when they talk,I have this urge to duck down or move just to see their faces when they open their eyes.

11 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Stop trying. Nobody can fall asleep while trying to fall asleep, it's literally impossible and it's the biggest trap we fall in to. 

Two best bits of advice I've been given for insomnia:

1. Give up. Accept that you aren't going to get eight hours (or whatever) of sleep and just try and enjoy relaxing physically if nothing else. Accept the fact you aren't going to fall asleep easily and don't attack yourself for it. 

2. Get up. If you do find yourself getting stressed, stop forcing it. Don't keep rolling around huffing at yourself, you're making yourself more stressed not less stressed. Again, we all do this, keep forcing it like "I'll be fine, I'll sleep in a minute..." no. Get up, go sit on the sofa and read a book or something. 

James on here once told me to read a book about Mindfulness and try that, I was really cynical and didn't take to it immediately. I saw it as all just wanky meditation stuff that I couldn't do because I was too doubting.

Then one day I told my therapist about how I tend to get to sleep or space out sometimes but what I've, since childhood, called "playing games." It's really just pro-actively daydreaming, fantasy escapism. I'd lay in bed as a kid fantasising that I was a footballer or rugby player or rock star, narrating my own career and interviewing myself in my head. 

And as funny as it is, I mean it basically hasn't changed for 30 years, I still do the same thing only now I'll assume the role of some pundit and discuss the state of Leicester or whatever in my head or I'll interview myself about my latest football manager save or I'll be an imaginary history documentary presenting the story of my latest EU4 (a historical strategy pc game) run. 

I told this to my therapist and she laughed. Not cruelly, just amused because - she pointed out - that essentially IS mindfulness. 

So I guess that's just my advice. Forget trying to sleep, try and just take some time to lay in the dark and focus on just whatever your fantasies are that amuse you. Enjoy having that time to be with your thoughts and every time an invasive, stressful thought comes up just forgive yourself, dismiss it and get back to the fantasy. 

And, uh, there's a little glimpse in to Finners you didn't ask for or want, you're welcome. 

Good advice,but I keep laughing at “ Wanky meditation stuff”

I agree about the stupid international breaks interrupting the new football season every year. Totally unrelated to that, why is it that Amazon keep trying to sell me stuff similar to what I've just bought from them? I recently bought a gas hob - so why on earth would I want another one within the foreseeable future?  

• Like 1

Cinema crowds.

Can people not go without filling their fat fvcking faces for more than 2 hours?  The film has started & all I can hear is sweet wrappers & conversations people should have had outside.

Not to mention the stink of stale, shit food that fills the air.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

cured indica cannabis would do the trick.

Last week I finally finished the stuff i grew myself.

So annoyed that according to the TV and police etc.. our streets are awash with drugs, yet i cant find a few grams of weed  :(

• Like 1