Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

On 17/10/2020 at 13:23, Rain King said:

Check your bin? Been waiting for an Amazon delivery for the last couple of days. Just gone and put something in the bin and noticed the Amazon box at the bottom of the bin 🤮

Crazy, in my last house the postman used to leave packages on the front door step, which anyone could of picked up and walked away with. 

The remote controls for those multi-coloured light bulbs. I've got four of them, and every one has now stopped working, despite fitting new disc batteries. The bulbs themselves can be switched on at the mains, but remain stuck on one colour, because the remotes don't work. Quite annoying!

25 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

That Philip Schofield was able to treat his Mrs like shit and deceive her yet come out looking like the wronged party some how.

It's done his career the power of good. 

How do you know he's treated her like shit? Or are classing coming out as gay after years of marriage as treating her like shit? Its obviously something he's struggled over for years, and he's discussed it with her before going public. He hasn't kicked her out the family home. I fail to see how he's treated with anything other than respect and dignity whilst coming to terms with himself.

Also as far as I can see, he's not gained any work since he came out, so failing to see where its done his career the would of good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

How do you know he's treated her like shit? Or are classing coming out as gay after years of marriage as treating her like shit? Its obviously something he's struggled over for years, and he's discussed it with her before going public. He hasn't kicked her out the family home. I fail to see how he's treated with anything other than respect and dignity whilst coming to terms with himself.

Also as far as I can see, he's not gained any work since he came out, so failing to see where its done his career the would of good.

The maintainence of a marriage that was a disguise for his sexuality in order to protect his career. That's absolutely not on in my books and borders on emotionally manipulative; that's what I would term 'treating her like shit'. 

If you're not straight that's absolutely fine. It shouldn't allow you to use a marriage as a ruse. 

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

The maintainence of a marriage that was a disguise for his sexuality in order to protect his career. That's absolutely not on in my books and borders on emotionally manipulative; that's what I would term 'treating her like shit'. 

If you're not straight that's absolutely fine. It shouldn't allow you to use a marriage as a ruse. 

I and I'm sure you have no idea if he stayed in that marriage to protect his career or because he couldn't face who he was.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

I and I'm sure you have no idea if he stayed in that marriage to protect his career or because he couldn't face who he was.

Well he had publicly acknowledged he knew he was gay BEFORE he was married so its certainly not the latter. 

It's not ok. She's a human who thought she was marrying a man who was straight and she wasn't. He was knowingly gay. Can't really think there is much excuse for that. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Well he had publicly acknowledged he knew he was gay BEFORE he was married so its certainly not the latter. 

It's not ok. She's a human who thought she was marrying a man who was straight and she wasn't. He was knowingly gay. Can't really think there is much excuse for that. 

As a straight man I've never had to face coming out, but I've known gay men over the years who have been married, and admitted to knowing they were gay before getting married but couldn't bring themselves to tell everyone the truth, so went through with it. They weren't tv presenters. I think its much more complicated than you give it credit.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I've always imagined that she knew

5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

As a straight man I've never had to face coming out, but I've known gay men over the years who have been married, and admitted to knowing they were gay before getting married but couldn't bring themselves to tell everyone the truth, so went through with it. They weren't tv presenters. I think its much more complicated than you give it credit.

A member of my family did something very, very similar except without the safety net of money. 

I don't find it okay. It's making someone else suffer for your own unhappiness and I don't think it's alright whichever way you dress it up. 

22 hours ago, foxile5 said:

A member of my family did something very, very similar except without the safety net of money. 

I don't find it okay. It's making someone else suffer for your own unhappiness and I don't think it's alright whichever way you dress it up. 

So you don't know for sure if he did to protect his career, or because he couldn't bring himself to tell his family back in 1993. So you can't make the unsubstantiated claim he did it to protect his career.

I get you feel for whatever reason he did it he's wrong, but I'd suggest that as neither of us (I'm assuming) have ever had to come out, we shouldn't judge people on how much they struggle doing it and the mistakes they make in doing so. 

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

On 17/10/2020 at 22:23, RonnieTodger said:

Does anyone actually find The Last Leg funny?

It’s always the show that ends up on TV after you’ve watched something decent, but don’t think I’ve ever laughed at it. 

Like a prosthetic Soccer AM

I think it was quite entertaining for a while, but as it got more political and spouted utter nonsense a lot, then less so.

• Like 1

On 17/10/2020 at 22:23, RonnieTodger said:

Does anyone actually find The Last Leg funny?

It’s always the show that ends up on TV after you’ve watched something decent, but don’t think I’ve ever laughed at it. 

Like a prosthetic Soccer AM

I like Josh Widdicombe and Alex Brooker on other stuff but Adam Hills grates on me something rotten.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I like Josh Widdicombe and Alex Brooker on other stuff but Adam Hills grates on me something rotten.

When Widdicombe and Hills were regulars on Mock The Week.Before the last leg became a thing I think?Widdicombe was really funny.Hills had one joke.The fact he had one leg.It wasn’t funny the first time.Let alone 57 times later.