Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

21 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

This country is in a right state commentary wise (let's ignore co-comms for now)

BT Sport still think Darren Fletcher is a number one, UCL-final worthy commentator

ITV think that Sam Matterface is a number one, Euros/World Cup final worthy commentator

BBC think Guy Mowbray is better than Steve Wilson still

Sky have an ageing Martin Tyler who is getting more opinionated the older he gets

We have a plethora of good commentators. I really like Drury (though his ALL OF AFRICA will haunt him forever), there's Tyldsley, Hawthorne, Leslie, Daniel Mann (though he's been missing for a while) Brotherton, Wilson etc. And yet none of them are used as much as they should be. Various reasons for this, obviously (contracted to BBC, Freelancer only) but look at that list, especially ITV and BT. It's a crying shame those are their network's #1 commentator.

The sad thing is Tyler and Fletcher are both very good at those 2 second clips tv companies seem to adore lately. The pair spend entire games searching for them sadly. 

Its a shame that with all the new tv fixtures we have on at the moment, that they can't experiment with some new comms and give others a go.

On 05/10/2020 at 10:45, Footballwipe said:

This country is in a right state commentary wise (let's ignore co-comms for now)

BT Sport still think Darren Fletcher is a number one, UCL-final worthy commentator

ITV think that Sam Matterface is a number one, Euros/World Cup final worthy commentator

BBC think Guy Mowbray is better than Steve Wilson still

Sky have an ageing Martin Tyler who is getting more opinionated the older he gets

We have a plethora of good commentators. I really like Drury (though his ALL OF AFRICA will haunt him forever), there's Tyldsley, Hawthorne, Leslie, Daniel Mann (though he's been missing for a while) Brotherton, Wilson etc. And yet none of them are used as much as they should be. Various reasons for this, obviously (contracted to BBC, Freelancer only) but look at that list, especially ITV and BT. It's a crying shame those are their network's #1 commentator.

It's time for football to come hat in hand to rugby and beg for help. 

What the Premier League needs is Eddie Buttler's dramatic eulogies to really liven up the weekend. 

Don't let anyone biased and bitter like @Vacamion @Countryfox or @Nalis tell you otherwise. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Finnegan said:

What the Premier League needs is Eddie Buttler's dramatic eulogies to really liven up the weekend. 

Don't let anyone biased and bitter like @Vacamion @Countryfox or @Nalis tell you otherwise. 

There are plenty of French players to excite Eddie's palate so I'm on board with that.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

See also "Let that sink in." and "That's it. That's the Tweet."

Lots of different things go round on twitter. I've just muted the "how it started v how it finished" tweets because they've started to annoy me. With all these things, one person does something funny then the rest of twitter think they can come up with funny ones which doesn't happen.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Finnegan said:

If he's who I think he is, his eulogies are unbelievably gear grind-worthy. "Hey Eddie, why not use another war metaphore?"

24 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Lots of different things go round on twitter. I've just muted the "how it started v how it finished" tweets because they've started to annoy me. With all these things, one person does something funny then the rest of twitter think they can come up with funny ones which doesn't happen.

Just for you. 🤮

Screenshot_20201007-093119.png

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Finnegan said:

When Fofana plays for us, my mind will always hear the commentary of his name spoken with Eddie B's flourish...

• Haha 1