Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

That Calgon advert which keeps coming on. Really poorly dubbed which is somewhat of a quirk of theirs but it's on about how this family's washer "smells when the door is open" and how it's generally flopping out some dingy loads for them to hang on their line. So a professional pops up in his overalls to give the old washer a do-over, he's taken the front off and has the drum exposed with a pool of grey, stagnant, gelatinous, rancid, globby mixture at the bottom of it. This washing machine expert then puts his hand into this grey, green sh** and scoops a handful out onto his palm, sniffs it and pulls a face!

Day-time, tea-time TV

Edited by Jaspa

8 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Jimmy Bullard and Fenners off soccer am. They're funny in those short bursts you watch, but are generally just bloody annoying.

Soccer AM is absolutely perfect in the short YouTube clips they put out. You Know the Drill, the Pro Am and the fans' volleys are all I watch. I don't think I've watched a full episode for 15 years and don't plan to either. It would just annoy the hell out of me.

2 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Soccer AM is absolutely perfect in the short YouTube clips they put out. You Know the Drill, the Pro Am and the fans' volleys are all I watch. I don't think I've watched a full episode for 15 years and don't plan to either. It would just annoy the hell out of me.

Exactly. Those small sections are all exceptional on their own. It's when you sit watching a full hour and they just grate on you. Bullard making a huge deal out of beating an ex pro who likely hasn't kicked a ball in years 

7 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Last week with King was the first time I've watched a whole episode in about 10 years. Thought he spoke very well. But then I'm his biggest fan 😂

• Like 2

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Exactly. Those small sections are all exceptional on their own. It's when you sit watching a full hour and they just grate on you. Bullard making a huge deal out of beating an ex pro who likely hasn't kicked a ball in years 

The 'audience' of producers and camera operators or whoever they are get on my tits as well, actually. Whenever anyone says anything, there's always an 'oooh' or some sort of word or noise shouted out in reaction. It's just a forced atmosphere.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

People who talk like they’ve swallowed a fvckin dictionary 

Egregious seems to be one of the current in words amongst this type 

I believe you'll find they consumed a thesaurus.

Edited by Beliall
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Button fly on jeans.

Yeah, I avoid them. Had them once a few years back and it was a mistake. Can't beat a good old zip.

18 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

People who talk like they’ve swallowed a fvckin dictionary 

Egregious seems to be one of the current in words amongst this type 

You seen the Hotel Inspector episode on Fawlty Towers and he talks like this. Basil Fawlty "why don't you talk properly" lol lol

Edited by Fox92
  • Haha 1

Just now, The People's Hero said:

People who judge me for putting chocolate in the fridge. Probably just jealous because I have chocolate, a fridge and a curlywurly that's harder than diamonds. The holy trinity.

Actually, a curlywurly is 'holey' so that was better than I thought.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

People who judge me for putting chocolate in the fridge. Probably just jealous because I have chocolate, a fridge and a curlywurly that's harder than diamonds. The holy trinity.

Freezer Mars Bars > room temperature Mars Bars 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Freezer Mars Bars > room temperature Mars Bars 

Franz Carrs and Mars Bars mate. That's my life.

ps here's Mark Blake doing what Mark Blake does best, including 4 times for us in 47 matches, before his glamour move to Walsall.

Franz Carr with a lovely 'falling over assist' which ties the whole thing up beautifully. 

25 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

It's an established scientific fact that chocolate is better at room temperature, but then Curly Wurly isn't chocolate, it's just confectionary.

• Sad 1