Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

21 minutes ago, Stadt said:

When people on here complain about others scapegoating players, I don’t think I’ve seen any player literally be scapegoated, moaning about a player isn’t the same.

What annoys me about people moaning about foxestalk most of the time is that it's usually the exact same people that are the problem, just with zero self awareness. 

Foxestalk has two ludicrously polarised factions, those that are negative about everything to the extreme and those that argue with them to the extreme. As with most things on the Internet it's become completely partisan to the extent that they'll largely just wind up disagreeing with each other by default regardless of whether they have a point. 

The former group like to constantly remind everyone, years after the fact, that Pearson had flaws or that such and such player was rubbish and the latter group still think its funny to ironically say "I bLaMe WeLleNs" like that's some sort of clever satire, or take every opportunity to still badger on about the fact that Puel was better than he was given credit for and whatever rubbish. 

They're both as bad as each other, both as annoying as each other but it's the latter that like to go on about "typical foxestalk" at every ****ing turn. They're one half of "typical foxestalk" and really need to pipe down. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Lots of different things go round on twitter. I've just muted the "how it started v how it finished" tweets because they've started to annoy me. With all these things, one person does something funny then the rest of twitter think they can come up with funny ones which doesn't happen.

On the irritating Twitter theme, I remember there was a picture posted of Vardy and Kane sat on the bench at Watford in the play-offs with the usual "OMG PEARSON LEFT WORLD CLASS PLAYERS ON THE BENCH WHAT AN OSTRICH LOLZ" when the picture itself had no context and a few glory hunting twats latched on to it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Stadt said:

When people on here complain about others scapegoating players, I don’t think I’ve seen any player literally be scapegoated, moaning about a player isn’t the same.

Also "the grass isn't always greener" whenever Mahrez sits on the bench or Maguire messes up.

8 hours ago, Finnegan said:

What annoys me about people moaning about foxestalk most of the time is that it's usually the exact same people that are the problem, just with zero self awareness. 

Foxestalk has two ludicrously polarised factions, those that are negative about everything to the extreme and those that argue with them to the extreme. As with most things on the Internet it's become completely partisan to the extent that they'll largely just wind up disagreeing with each other by default regardless of whether they have a point. 

The former group like to constantly remind everyone, years after the fact, that Pearson had flaws or that such and such player was rubbish and the latter group still think its funny to ironically say "I bLaMe WeLleNs" like that's some sort of clever satire, or take every opportunity to still badger on about the fact that Puel was better than he was given credit for and whatever rubbish. 

They're both as bad as each other, both as annoying as each other but it's the latter that like to go on about "typical foxestalk" at every ****ing turn. They're one half of "typical foxestalk" and really need to pipe down. 

I don't understand why anyone thinks anything about FT is unique to it.

The shit repetitive jokes, the hyperbole, the polarisation (which isn't as bad as is suggested), the old arguments, all of it is just a microcosm of the internet in general.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Classic FoxesTalk :ph34r:

The worst thing about ‘I Blame Wellens’ is I don’t even remember him getting that much shite, seemed to be a general consensus then and now that he was a handy and dependable player for us at that level. 

On 07/10/2020 at 17:30, Corky said:

On the irritating Twitter theme, I remember there was a picture posted of Vardy and Kane sat on the bench at Watford in the play-offs with the usual "OMG PEARSON LEFT WORLD CLASS PLAYERS ON THE BENCH WHAT AN OSTRICH LOLZ" when the picture itself had no context and a few glory hunting twats latched on to it.

Drinkwater was on the bench, too.

You're right @Corky it's a stick to beat Pearson with, with little context.

On 09/10/2020 at 18:34, Finnaldo said:

The worst thing about ‘I Blame Wellens’ is I don’t even remember him getting that much shite, seemed to be a general consensus then and now that he was a handy and dependable player for us at that level. 

He was crap. He was another Fryatt / Howard / Dyer that fans rated for some reason. Although tbf I quite liked Dyer. 

On 20/09/2020 at 12:45, deejdeej said:

Just returned from my 10 year old lads footy match, there's one dad there that's constantly barking out instructions to all of the players. Must be doing the actual coaches heads in!

Something similar really winding me up now with my son's U10 team. They had 3 coaches but one left just before the end of lockdown so I offered to help when needed with any training etc as I have a valid CRB check.

We had the main manager taking the team whilst me and the other coach were spread along the touchline to help out with instructions etc.

For some unknown reason the last 4 matches another two dad's have randomly come around to the coaches side, meaning there were 5 people on the coaching side. Utterly ridiculous and counter productive. Was waiting for the manager to say something but he didn't and now it seems to be a permanent thing - complete shambles. Bearing (sp?) in mind 3 of them are rugby fans without the first clue about football. We got to training late last week and one of them was teaching the outfield players how to kick the ball out their hands? Speechless.

After 5 minutes today I just returned to the parents side of the pitch and let them get on with it. It was laughable to watch. At one point our defender received the ball from the goalkeeper with plenty of space to move forward into. He got three shouts all at once from them. The manager shouted 'lump it', one shouted 'easy pass' and the other 'carry it'. What chance do the kids have? 

Trying my hardest to make my son find another club or take a break as he's obviously not enjoying it either as they get stuffed every week but he's worried about going to another team and starting over.

Would be interested to hear your views @Izzy

7 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Something similar really winding me up now with my son's U10 team. They had 3 coaches but one left just before the end of lockdown so I offered to help when needed with any training etc as I have a valid CRB check.

We had the main manager taking the team whilst me and the other coach were spread along the touchline to help out with instructions etc.

For some unknown reason the last 4 matches another two dad's have randomly come around to the coaches side, meaning there were 5 people on the coaching side. Utterly ridiculous and counter productive. Was waiting for the manager to say something but he didn't and now it seems to be a permanent thing - complete shambles. Bearing (sp?) in mind 3 of them are rugby fans without the first clue about football. We got to training late last week and one of them was teaching the outfield players how to kick the ball out their hands? Speechless.

After 5 minutes today I just returned to the parents side of the pitch and let them get on with it. It was laughable to watch. At one point our defender received the ball from the goalkeeper with plenty of space to move forward into. He got three shouts all at once from them. The manager shouted 'lump it', one shouted 'easy pass' and the other 'carry it'. What chance do the kids have? 

Trying my hardest to make my son find another club or take a break as he's obviously not enjoying it either as they get stuffed every week but he's worried about going to another team and starting over.

Absolute joke mate, some people have a one dimensional view on football where they decide kids should be at the same standard as professionals. One point today he decided the centre back should have sprayed a 60 yard ball over the top to a striker running behind, like the 10 year old was peak Xavi standard. 

I tell my lad to completely ignore any sideline advice and only listen to the coaches and hope the other parents do the same.

• Like 1

Just now, deejdeej said:

Absolute joke mate, some people have a one dimensional view on football where they decide kids should be at the same standard as professionals. One point today he decided the centre back should have sprayed a 60 yard ball over the top to a striker running behind, like the 10 year old was peak Xavi standard. 

I tell my lad to completely ignore any sideline advice and only listen to the coaches and hope the other parents do the same.

If only my son could listen to the coaches 😂.

I just want him to enjoy it but it's a big stress every week with little to no enjoyment. 

21 minutes ago, Rain King said:

As far as our club were concerned, there’s absolutely NO circumstances where parents are allowed on the coaches side of the pitch during a game.

Its the responsibility of the manager/main coach to educate the parents that they MUST STAND BEHIND the respect rope on the opposite side of the pitch. 

There’s been a couple of occasions where we’ve gathered parents together before/after the game and bollocked them for ‘coaching’ thier kids from the sidelines. Encouragement and support are fine but coaching just confuses the kids.

If parents continue to be twats then we tell them they can’t come and watch until they change thier behaviour.

Fair to say we’re pretty strict but if you give some parents an inch they’ll take a mile unfortunately.

Edited by Izzy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

As far as our club were concerned, there’s absolutely NO circumstances where parents are allowed on the coaches side of the pitch during a game.

Its the responsibility of the manager/main coach to educate the parents that they MUST STAND BEHIND the respect rope on the opposite side of the pitch. 

There’s been a couple of occasions where we’ve gathered parents together before/after the game and bollocked them for ‘coaching’ thier kids from the sidelines. Encouragement and support are fine but coaching just confuses the kids.

If parents continue to be twats then we tell them they can’t come and watch until they change thier behaviour.

Fair to day we’re pretty strict but if you give some parents an inch they’ll take a mile unfortunately.

It's infuriating it really is. The manager is a wet lettuce. I've told them I no longer want to be involved with coaching, it's making a laughing stock of the team with 5 people hollering at the poor kids. 

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Fair to day we’re pretty strict but if you give some parents an inch they’ll take a mile unfortunately.

What team and age do you coach Izzy? 

My lads game today was a bit of a joke, we're at level 3 but were playing a team newly formed in development and the score was 15 nil to us (I actually lost count).

Not fun at all and did neither team any good, apparantly new teams get put in a higher level before they get sorted into the 'correct level' which seems a bit ridiculous.

53 minutes ago, bovril said:

He was crap. He was another Fryatt / Howard / Dyer that fans rated for some reason. Although tbf I quite liked Dyer. 

I think you want the unpopular opinions thread, no? These three and Oakley were awesome in league 1.

26 minutes ago, Rain King said:

It's infuriating it really is. The manager is a wet lettuce. I've told them I no longer want to be involved with coaching, it's making a laughing stock of the team with 5 people hollering at the poor kids. 

Kids need two coaches max at that age really and ideally they’d both have done thier FA Level 1 as a minimum.
Unless things change, I’d consider taking your lad to a different club with a more disciplined set up. Or overthrow the current manager and run the club properly yourself!

25 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

What team and age do you coach Izzy? 

My lads game today was a bit of a joke, we're at level 3 but were playing a team newly formed in development and the score was 15 nil to us (I actually lost count).

Not fun at all and did neither team any good, apparantly new teams get put in a higher level before they get sorted into the 'correct level' which seems a bit ridiculous.

I’ve stopped coaching now unfortunately mate. I ran the U11’s last season down here in Bucks but sadly my boy has now taken up basketball instead so I take him to that now. 

We were in a development league and new clubs automatically went into a lower division to start with. Usually teams are ‘streamed’ again after New Year to avoid 15-0 scorelines in the second half of the season. 

You do get some crazy results at this age but it should hopefully even itself out by U12/13.

Edited by Izzy
  • Like 1