Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

Kids need two coaches max at that age really and ideally they’d both have done thier FA Level 1 as a minimum.
Unless things change, I’d consider taking your lad to a different club with a more disciplined set up. Or overthrow the current manager and run the club properly yourself!

I’ve stopped coaching now unfortunately mate. I ran the U11’s last season down here in Bucks but sadly my boy has now taken up basketball instead so I take him to that now. 

We were in a development league and new clubs automatically went into a lower division to start with. Usually teams are ‘streamed’ again after New Year to avoid 15-0 scorelines in the second half of the season. 

You do get some crazy results at this age but it should hopefully even itself out by U12/13.

you coached the football right out of him lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, The Bear said:

Absolutely. My dear old mum calls it Connervirus. 

There's also a lad at work who constantly calls it Convid. 

Annoys the shit out of me. 

I've heard it referred to as Cromer Virus, imagine that ending up with a thick North Norfolk accent absolute nightmare fuel.

• Haha 1

On 09/10/2020 at 18:34, Finnaldo said:

The worst thing about ‘I Blame Wellens’ is I don’t even remember him getting that much shite, seemed to be a general consensus then and now that he was a handy and dependable player for us at that level. 

12 hours ago, bovril said:

He was crap. He was another Fryatt / Howard / Dyer that fans rated for some reason. Although tbf I quite liked Dyer. 

11 hours ago, Fktf said:

I think you want the unpopular opinions thread, no? These three and Oakley were awesome in league 1.

Wellens wasn't crap.

He was a key player for 18 months-two years (won player of the season 2010/11) but then faded very quickly.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Doesn't hugely bug me but the term "foodie" goes right through me

One thing I hate about Instagram. There are a billion dickheads who post photos of the most ridiculous greasy sandwiches crammed full of any kind of shit they can find from some weirdo hipster London pop-up, every post looks the same, every post gets 10,000 likes. Or a photo of a doughnut with those Lotus biscuits stuck all over it. Who gives a shit.

Everyone likes food, most just have the decency not to eat full-on shameful bullshit and show everyone their deeds.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

One thing I hate about Instagram. There are a billion dickheads who post photos of the most ridiculous greasy sandwiches crammed full of any kind of shit they can find from some weirdo hipster London pop-up, every post looks the same, every post gets 10,000 likes. Or a photo of a doughnut with those Lotus biscuits stuck all over it. Who gives a shit.

Everyone likes food, most just have the decency not to eat full-on shameful bullshit and show everyone their deeds.

Well at least 10000 people by the sounds of it...

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, String fellow said:

Codiv? I've got a mate who keeps referring to it as coronavitis! Tbh, it's pretty annoying hearing newsreaders refer to it as coronavirus one minute and COVID-19 the next. Does it really need two names?

Covid-19 is a strain of coronavirus, both are correct.

I know it shouldn't piss me off because its a freebee, but I sent a query to a company on the 7th of this month. They offered me a free sample, so I obviously said yes, and they replied saying it would take 3 to 5 working days. I still haven't received it. I can't really complain as it was a free offer, but I've put off making my usual purchase because this should have arrived before I made my next purchase. 

I realised writing that out it sounds really secretive, but I can't be arsed to edit. It was gillette and I was making a query about razors as I've just started shaving my head and I've tried various types and I was wondering what they'd suggest.

Edited by Facecloth

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I realised writing that out it sounds really secretive, but I can't be arsed to edit. It was gillette and I was making a query about razors as I've just started shaving my head and I've tried various types and I was wondering what they'd suggest.

They're waiting for you to post them your testicles first

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I know it shouldn't piss me off because its a freebee, but I sent a query to a company on the 7th of this month. They offered me a free sample, so I obviously said yes, and they replied saying it would take 3 to 5 working days. I still haven't received it. I can't really complain as it was a free offer, but I've put off making my usual purchase because this should have arrived before I made my next purchase. 

Check your bin? Been waiting for an Amazon delivery for the last couple of days. Just gone and put something in the bin and noticed the Amazon box at the bottom of the bin 🤮

8 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Check your bin? Been waiting for an Amazon delivery for the last couple of days. Just gone and put something in the bin and noticed the Amazon box at the bottom of the bin 🤮

Live in a flat, so no bin to put it in.

Edited by Facecloth

41 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Tell them you never received it, they'll have to refund you. Hate it when they think it's alright to leave stuff in the bin