Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

13 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Think I'd expand it to this

I would also add the increasing amount of folk who leave stuff on their front for people to help themselves

Some of it can be there for weeks.

One of our neighbours left a printer outside their gate, somebody had it eventually but they took out the cartridges and they are now scattered over the pavement.

7 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I would also add the increasing amount of folk who leave stuff on their front for people to help themselves

Some of it can be there for weeks.

One of our neighbours left a printer outside their gate, somebody had it eventually but they took out the cartridges and they are now scattered over the pavement.

Some houses near us that literally leave their junk for months on the side of a shared recycling area just expecting it to magically disappear. No pride about where they live at all. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

I was thinking about this the other day and it occurred to me that by now there must be some kids out there who don't know the backstory/pun and ctm being represented by meerkats is just an unquestioned fact of life.

There is a back story?

We only became aware of the meerkats when we came back in 2010... they eventually made their way to Oz  a couple of years ago (nowhere near the flood level of advertising her tho)

On 07/10/2020 at 14:17, Finnegan said:

What annoys me about people moaning about foxestalk most of the time is that it's usually the exact same people that are the problem, just with zero self awareness. 

Foxestalk has two ludicrously polarised factions, those that are negative about everything to the extreme and those that argue with them to the extreme. As with most things on the Internet it's become completely partisan to the extent that they'll largely just wind up disagreeing with each other by default regardless of whether they have a point. 

The former group like to constantly remind everyone, years after the fact, that Pearson had flaws or that such and such player was rubbish and the latter group still think its funny to ironically say "I bLaMe WeLleNs" like that's some sort of clever satire, or take every opportunity to still badger on about the fact that Puel was better than he was given credit for and whatever rubbish. 

They're both as bad as each other, both as annoying as each other but it's the latter that like to go on about "typical foxestalk" at every ****ing turn. They're one half of "typical foxestalk" and really need to pipe down. 

Your right of course..!!  Thats Why I went on a pilgramage ,had Good Time  & meditation with my spiritualist.

and turned my whole football-chakkra around...I am more relaxed and accept all contrite opinions & learned to leave those neat hidden Troll posts to the side..

There is nothing like Ohm sweet oooohhhmmmm to balance out & come to terms with all that negative energy...🙏🙏

11 hours ago, The Bear said:

I left an old dishwasher and oven on my front (behind my wall, not near the pavement) and was waiting for the scrap wagon to come on a Sat morning. But two blokes in a van pulled up and had them away literally the day after. 

Yeh..Sorry about that  but had unfortunately no time to chew the chat, had to Catch the ferry,so I could get to the flea Market & rummage sale...:P

On 23/10/2020 at 09:08, UniFox21 said:

Train companies.

My railcard gives me a discount on tickets, but if this discount happens to fall below a "minimum threshold" they'll up the price of the ticket more to negate that.

So for example a train to New Street without one is ~£15, the discount should pop that down to £10, but train companies see that as too low and bump it back up to £12/£13. Small increase on a singular day, but that adds up over the weeks and months 

Sort of derails the point dunnit..

14 hours ago, ozleicester said:

There is a back story?

We only became aware of the meerkats when we came back in 2010... they eventually made their way to Oz  a couple of years ago (nowhere near the flood level of advertising her tho)

The first meerkat adverts revolved around the joke that they were tired of people accidentally going to their meerkat comparison site, comparethemeerkat.com.

• Thanks 1

3 mobile.  Cannot for the life of me get them to send a sim card to the correct address, so even though I spent a good half hour confirming all details over the phone last week I've just had to do the same again.  According to their call centre on the other side of the planet it's "definitely" going to the right place this time, we'll see...

5 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

3 mobile.  Cannot for the life of me get them to send a sim card to the correct address, so even though I spent a good half hour confirming all details over the phone last week I've just had to do the same again.  According to their call centre on the other side of the planet it's "definitely" going to the right place this time, we'll see...

I had the same issue with Vodafone a little while back, in the end I just changed the delivery to click and collect to a local shop when I got the DPD notification through.

24 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Job adverts not specifying what the salary is, just saying 'competitive' which means nothing.

This is basically a euphemism for "we have a budget range in mind for this position in line with industry standards, but we'll try and low-ball the applicants regardless so that we can save some cash"

Edited by RoboFox

13 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

They even have schoolchildren cleaning the schools. Can you imagine trying to get children in this country to do that. They’d likely tell the teacher to F off.

They'd be screaming to the headteacher, MP, local authorities and the local news, citing "slave labour" and threatening to pull their little darlings out, because creating mess is "what kids do" and "I tidy up after them at home, so why shouldn't the school"