Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

25 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

People who put a 'read receipt' on every email they send. 

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

Agreed.

I reckon most who do that probably dont know how to switch them off. I'd find it annoying to have an inbox full of read receipts.

It's just arse covering I reckon

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

10 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Agreed.

I reckon most who do that probably dont know how to switch them off. I'd find it annoying to have an inbox full of read receipts.

When I get the popup asking if I want to send a read receipt because someone has asked for one I always say no, just to be awkward. Obviously I'm going to read your email, it's part of my job. You don't need the exact date and time I've done it though.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Read Reciept

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

Agreed.

Read Reciept

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

It's just arse covering I reckon

Red Reciept

3 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

I work in procurement and shudder every time i have to email certain vendors, as i know i will get the 'read receipt' on every reply.

Read Reciept

3 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

When I get the popup asking if I want to send a read receipt because someone has asked for one I always say no, just to be awkward. Obviously I'm going to read your email, it's part of my job. You don't need the exact date and time I've done it though.

Read Reciept

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hate automated menus with a passion. Often you have to sit through a load of nonsense at the beginning that has nothing to do with what you're calling about. 

I often press the # or 0 key repeatedly as that can sometimes skip past the guff and go straight to the next options. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

I hate automated menus with a passion. Often you have to sit through a load of nonsense at the beginning that has nothing to do with what you're calling about. 

I often press the # or 0 key repeatedly as that can sometimes skip past the guff and go straight to the next options. 

It’s done intentionally to annoy people into hanging up. It’s so frustrating and works for me a lot of the time.

1 hour ago, Benguin said:

It’s done intentionally to annoy people into hanging up. It’s so frustrating and works for me a lot of the time.

I think you may be right. If you do get through and they put you on hold, the music they play is guaranteed to make you want to throw the phone at the wall after 5 minutes.

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778
6 hours ago, The Bear said:

Sometimes if you press a lot of numbers, the computer menu assumes you're confused and can put you straight through to someone. 

Electronic equipment that turns itself off after seemingly seconds to gain its A***** rating. 

I have this TV that when you make a brew it turns off... Now I can just about stomach this with CO2 emmisons etc...  but when you turn the ****er back on, it then brags about the fact it's done it with a message with a close button!

Trouble is you need the remote to close the message about the fact it's done you favour and that's ****ing hiding most of the time so I have to turn it on and off at the plug to get the message off (even the crap buttons on the back of TV don't turn the message off) 

If you do have the remote, "source menu" overlays the power message when it first turns on so you end up changing source before turning the message off! 

Just give me the option to keep things on for as long as I like! 

11 hours ago, Parafox said:

"i" before "e" except after "c", as I recall from school :thumbup:

There's a few exceptions, though.

One of the worst spelling rules teachers taught and sticks with so many people.

It’s weird how many atheists leisurely forfeit their overweight beige friend, Keith from Leicester to agree with feisty weightlifting reindeers in support of this idea, maybe it’s just for the caffeine.

I believe there are roughly 7,000 except to this rule!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Webbo said:

I think you may be right. If you do get through and they put you on hold, the music they play is guaranteed to make you want to throw the phone at the wall after 5 minutes.

It definitely is. "Channel shift" is the term, proactively trying to transition all contact to websites and apps to cut cost.

I had to call the bank at the weekend to ask a question about my current account, literally every automated menu told me to go and talk to an online advisor, every pause in the music told me I could get answers on the website. 

In the end I got frustrated and actually just started walking to my nearest branch. Honest to god, as Mrs Finners is my witness, I actually got to the bank, queued, got to the front and saw the woman on the counter before I got to the front of the phone queue. 

****ing nuts. 

4 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

One of the worst spelling rules teachers taught and sticks with so many people.

It’s weird how many atheists leisurely forfeit their overweight beige friend, Keith from Leicester to agree with feisty weightlifting reindeers in support of this idea, maybe it’s just for the caffeine.

I believe there are roughly 7,000 except to this rule!

Erm, there's only 1 i before e in that sentence and none of the others follow c.

We've had issues with our fume hoods for months now, management never fully listening to our complaints always giving the "they're safe" answer. It's taken me to be using a reportable substance during a shit patch of the fume hoods for them to actually fully investigate as they've panicked.