Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

49 minutes ago, String fellow said:

People who use leaf-blowers to blow fallen leaves off their front gardens and into the street. Why don't they just use a broom to sweep up the leaves and then put them in the green bin?

How do they stop them blowing back again?

I've got a leaf vacuum and it's changed my life

2 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Exactly. Nothing stops the leaves from blowing back into their garden and their neighbours' gardens. These are the pea-brains who also chuck snow from their gardens onto the road, whenever we have a bad winter.  

First loo roll and pasta and now cocaine. Where will it stop?

10 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Haha Snow. Who remembers JJ72?

Or Informer?

JJ72,  I had forgotten all about them, that made me go upstairs & rumage through my CD collection. I played a couple of tracks, when i've more time i'll definitely play them in full. Looked at the date on the CD the year was 2000. Doesn't seem like 20 years ago.

This modern film and TV fad of turning up sounds effects on food and drink way above reality. 

Sometimes, in a film, the pouring of liquid can actually override the dialogue. Similar to cutlery clanging. 

Also on TV food shows they have to amp up the sounds of someone eating as if we need to hear Paul Hollywood's saliva swishing to watch the show. 

Infuriates me. 

4 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

This modern film and TV fad of turning up sounds effects on food and drink way above reality. 

Sometimes, in a film, the pouring of liquid can actually override the dialogue. Similar to cutlery clanging. 

Also on TV food shows they have to amp up the sounds of someone eating as if we need to hear Paul Hollywood's saliva swishing to watch the show. 

Infuriates me. 

Cameras on  the Chefs head, und Not on what & how hes preparing/cooking..!!

I’ve not eaten cheese since I was a child and have no urge to eat it again and yet I’m forever having people try and persuade me to eat it, “just try it, it doesn’t even taste like cheese (paneer, haloumi) “you don’t know what you’re missing”  “You’re really childish not trying it”

Just leave me alone, I’m quite happy not eating the fu*king cheese! 

16 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I’ve not eaten cheese since I was a child and have no urge to eat it again and yet I’m forever having people try and persuade me to eat it, “just try it, it doesn’t even taste like cheese (paneer, haloumi) “you don’t know what you’re missing”  “You’re really childish not trying it”

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

4 hours ago, Beliall said:

tenor.gif

giphy.gif.6f7b98fc84f2f73ab4fd2c67a9eabb61.gif

Has to be this gif! 

• Haha 3

David Attenborough type nature documentaries. Informative and beautifully shot but they always have to add some drama or jeopardy.  Will the polar bear cub on the verge of starvation make it?  Will the elephants find water in time?  It's emotionally draining and exhausting.

Why can't they just show some zebras eating grass and having a nice time?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, murphy said:

David Attenborough type nature documentaries. Informative and beautifully shot but they always have to add some drama or jeopardy.  Will the polar bear cub on the verge of starvation make it?  Will the elephants find water in time?  It's emotionally draining and exhausting.

Why can't they just show some zebras eating grass and having a nice time?

Not sure if you'd love or loathe My Octopus Teacher

On 03/11/2020 at 17:31, The People's Hero said:

People who judge me for putting chocolate in the fridge. Probably just jealous because I have chocolate, a fridge and a curlywurly that's harder than diamonds. The holy trinity.

Absolutely on board here, all chocolate should be cold from the fridge. Like you're in Band of Brothers eating it in The Battle of the Bulge cold.

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

Absolutely on board here, all chocolate should be cold from the fridge. Like you're in Band of Brothers eating it in The Battle of the Bulge cold.

We're probably getting in to Unpopular Opinion territory here but... with a nice beer too. 

A nice Belgian golden ale with some chocolate, mmm

• Like 1

3 hours ago, z-layrex said:

Couldn't agree more, although I do go 1 step further, my 200g block of Dairy Milk, is currently placed in the freezer compartment of the fridge for a couple of hours prior to me demolishing it later. I do break it into squares befrore inserting it in the freezer as i've no chance when it comes out!