Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Train companies.

My railcard gives me a discount on tickets, but if this discount happens to fall below a "minimum threshold" they'll up the price of the ticket more to negate that.

So for example a train to New Street without one is ~£15, the discount should pop that down to £10, but train companies see that as too low and bump it back up to £12/£13. Small increase on a singular day, but that adds up over the weeks and months 

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Train companies.

My railcard gives me a discount on tickets, but if this discount happens to fall below a "minimum threshold" they'll up the price of the ticket more to negate that.

So for example a train to New Street without one is ~£15, the discount should pop that down to £10, but train companies see that as too low and bump it back up to £12/£13. Small increase on a singular day, but that adds up over the weeks and months 

I've only ever been affected by this a couple of times but I didn't have a problem just putting in a time online after 9 and selecting an anytime single.

1 hour ago, Kopfkino said:

I've only ever been affected by this a couple of times but I didn't have a problem just putting in a time online after 9 and selecting an anytime single.

Used to do that fine, but recently they've started checking frequently and online sales are limited hugely. 

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Danny Dyer, nobody is that cockney, fcking Bellend. 

His enthusiasm on The Wall is top class. Top clarse, as he would say.

Much better than Edmunds fake excitement for opening boxes on Channel 4 for a decade.

33 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Danny Dyer's best role was clearly Kent Paul in Grand Theft Auto Vice City.

Also in San Andreas with Shaun Ryder, ridiculous scenes but pretty funny. If there wasn't any subtitles I guess a lot of Americans wouldn't have understood much of their dialogue

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Also in San Andreas with Shaun Ryder, ridiculous scenes but pretty funny. If there wasn't any subtitles I guess a lot of Americans wouldn't have understood much of their dialogue

lol can clearly remembering him saying "awight me ol china" in one scene!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Danny Dyer's best role was clearly Kent Paul in Grand Theft Auto Vice City.

I heard a snippet of him doing a history show for kids around the exam time- they played him shouting "HENRY VE AIFTH CHOPPED ER NAT OFF!!!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I hate this changing of the clocks, going to work in darkness and coming home in darkness is horrible. 

I don't get why we change clocks now. Back in the day then yeah but now I think just leave them.

Luckily, from that point of view, I work shifts so I miss the early morning/late darkness depending on times.

21 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

Where does Eric Dier rank on this list?

Good question.....

A limited, over-promoted footballer who's strangely annoying......that puts him in Kieron territory for me, just behind Danny but ahead of diarrhoea & Dire Straits.

7 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I was randomly thinking about San Andreas the other day.I always thought the cockney geezer was the bloke who played Smithy out the Bill.

53 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I hate this changing of the clocks, going to work in darkness and coming home in darkness is horrible. 

Trouble is it knocks the dark hour onto the morning.In December it wouldn’t get light until well after 9 o’clock.You would be surprised how many people don’t even realise this.It makes quite a difference to anyone working outdoors.

1 hour ago, Heathrow fox said:

I was randomly thinking about San Andreas the other day.I always thought the cockney geezer was the bloke who played Smithy out the Bill.

Can't say I had that thought, although I remember playing the original Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and instantly recognising The Bill's Billy Murray (Don Beech) as Captain Price. He was fantastic in the role too

big_1473907098_image_620x349-600x338.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Trouble is it knocks the dark hour onto the morning.In December it wouldn’t get light until well after 9 o’clock.You would be surprised how many people don’t even realise this.It makes quite a difference to anyone working outdoors.

In pre-Covid times when I worked in an office rather than in my spare bedroom I never used to care whether it was light or dark when I went to work in the winter. But an extra hour of daylight at the end of the working day would make all the difference.

On 25/10/2020 at 15:11, SouthStandUpperTier said:

While on the subject of comparison websites, am I the only one who thinks the Meerkats have run their course?

I was thinking about this the other day and it occurred to me that by now there must be some kids out there who don't know the backstory/pun and ctm being represented by meerkats is just an unquestioned fact of life.

• Haha 1