Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

• 4 weeks later...

Rita Ora, Birmingham last night. Being over 60 and never really been aware of her songs I only went because my daughter's friend dropped out last minute. I wasn't really that excited by the prospect but actually, she was pretty bloody good.

• Like 1

On 21/05/2019 at 21:55, cambridgefox said:

Ride

Norwich in November 

Anybody remember them?

Saw them at De Mont in 1990 (well, shortly after Nowhere was released) supported by Mercury Rev. Great gig and never seen a band go through so many guitars in one gig.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Saw them at De Mont in 1990 (well, shortly after Nowhere was released) supported by Mercury Rev. Great gig and never seen a band go through so many guitars in one gig.

My old school friends band supported them at a very small venue in Cambridge (Sea Cadets Hall)

problem was they had just been on a a tv show.Def 2 I think it was called and it was pandemonium as 100s came and got shut out.

Think Andy Bell is back with them now to.

1 hour ago, Libertine said:

Manics tomorrow at DMH.

Me too!TIMT is not an album of theirs i've realy played much in the last 20 years and i used to just get by the songs that sounded crap!But listening to it again i used to skim past Black Dog,Born a Girl etc But i must be getting older and they are good!My favourite on that album is My Little Empire.

Edited by PAULCFC

2 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Me too!TIMT is not an album of theirs i've realy played much in the last 20 years and i used to just get by the songs that sounded crap!But listening to it again i used to skim past Black Dog,Born a Girl etc But i must be getting older and they are good!My favourite on that album is My Little Empire.

MLE is probably my fave too. And yes, there were a few that a while back I considered maybe 'filler' songs, but I really enjoy now. They've actually replaced one of my faves on the remastered version (Nobody Loves You), but it's on there as a hidden track still.

2 hours ago, Libertine said:

MLE is probably my fave too. And yes, there were a few that a while back I considered maybe 'filler' songs, but I really enjoy now. They've actually replaced one of my faves on the remastered version (Nobody Loves You), but it's on there as a hidden track still.

Enjoy it tommorow...hoping for The Masses Against The Classes.....as it's their last show for a bit!

• Like 1