Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What floats my boat.....

On 09/10/2020 at 20:58, Izzy said:

A genius song writer an all round legend of a bloke :thumbup:

Paul Heaton praised for 'lovely' Q Magazine gesture

Singer Paul Heaton has been praised for his generosity, after the final editor of Q Magazine revealed how he supported staff when the publication closed.

Writing on Twitter, Ted Kessler explained how the star made a large donation to the magazine, which was shared amongst 40 staff.

"It really was the most amazingly kind, selfless, generous act," he said. "For some, it meant a bill could be paid."

In thanks, the staff commissioned a Q Award to honour the star.

Receiving it on Friday, Heaton thanked the magazine for its support and the "kind words" about his donation.

"It was just meant to make sure people weren't left on their arse," he said in a video posted to Twitter.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54485919

From the Housemartins to the Beautiful South he always seemed to remain a down to earth bloke, a talented songwriter, and all round decent human being.

Now That’s What I Call Quite Good! 

• Like 4

On 09/10/2020 at 20:58, Izzy said:

A genius song writer an all round legend of a bloke :thumbup:

Paul Heaton praised for 'lovely' Q Magazine gesture

Singer Paul Heaton has been praised for his generosity, after the final editor of Q Magazine revealed how he supported staff when the publication closed.

Writing on Twitter, Ted Kessler explained how the star made a large donation to the magazine, which was shared amongst 40 staff.

"It really was the most amazingly kind, selfless, generous act," he said. "For some, it meant a bill could be paid."

In thanks, the staff commissioned a Q Award to honour the star.

Receiving it on Friday, Heaton thanked the magazine for its support and the "kind words" about his donation.

"It was just meant to make sure people weren't left on their arse," he said in a video posted to Twitter.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54485919

2 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

From the Housemartins to the Beautiful South he always seemed to remain a down to earth bloke, a talented songwriter, and all round decent human being.

Now That’s What I Call Quite Good! 

Yeah he's one of my favourites in music, he just seemes sound.

I picked up London 0 Hull 4 on vinyl in Clarendon Park a few years back. Great album.

I've always liked the Beautiful South, and it's my era sort of thing, but given the Housemartins were in the 80's I had to do some backtracking but enjoy their stuff too.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

The views on this suggest not everybody's seen it yet, but I can't stop watching this.

It's a bit cruel but my entertainment is more important, obviously:

Bit rich putting 'so funny' in the title of your own video, but I'll forgive that as it has made me laugh a lot

You know, when I saw the thumbnail I thought there's no way this is a good video, it's the most blatant piece of youtube trash I've ever seen.  But at the same time I thought no, there's no way @Bellend Sebastian would ever betray us, so I gave it a go and I've got to say it's actually a steaming pile of cancer.  Get in the bin with yourself.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

You know, when I saw the thumbnail I thought there's no way this is a good video, it's the most blatant piece of youtube trash I've ever seen.  But at the same time I thought no, there's no way @Bellend Sebastian would ever betray us, so I gave it a go and I've got to say it's actually a steaming pile of cancer.  Get in the bin with yourself.

Go on Carl, tell us what you really think.

Yeah, the bloke really needs to work on his title pages.  As for the video itself - it's ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC

1 minute ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Go on Carl, tell us what you really think.

Yeah, the bloke really needs to work on his title pages.  As for the video itself - it's ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC

Don't try to justify it, you've already done enough harm.  I'm not angry I'm just disappointed.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Podding home grown peas. Takes me back to my childhood when I used to sit and pop open the pods and scoop out the peas. Nothing else tasted quite as good raw. Mrs Para has an allotment and this time of year the taste of the fresh fruit and veg puts supermarket stuff to shame. As you might expect, I guess.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

When the book keeper messes up and you go from having 0 holiday days left to 2 left. 

Hello winter long weekend. :wub:

Be careful.

Chap at work was told he had 5 days still to take but knew from his own records he had used all his hols. They insisted however - so he took them.

On his return,  they realised they had been mistaken and deducted those days from the following years allocation.

Felt that was wrong imo.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

1 hour ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Be careful.

Chap at work was told he had 5 days still to take but knew from his own records he had used all his hols. They insisted however - so he took them.

On his return,  they realised they had been mistaken and deducted those days from the following years allocation.

Felt that was wrong imo.

That is poor from the employer 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Be careful.

Felt that was wrong imo.

Jeez some cvntish gaffers out there right.

Doubt mine would do that. Usually pretty sound when they're at fault.

5 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Be careful.

Felt that was wrong imo.

Miss the days years ago before it was all system-automated when I managed to accidentally locate the holiday spreadsheet.

Several days a year were added on.