Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Sven Could Be Appointed As Manager

Is Sven the man to add the steel to our backline again though :dunno:

Are we going to turn into the solid unit, especially at the back under Sven Goran Eriksson, like we were under NP.

The guy has not managed in this League either.

Sousa started terribly admitted, but he's took a mediocre club to the brink of the playoffs in this League.

Can you honestly see Sven turning us around :dunno:

He did poor with the Ivory Coast, weren't he sacked as Mexico boss, the Notts County farce. England weren't great. Has he got the right personality to manage players in this ultra competitive League.

Then theres his wages, surely double Sousa's at least. This just has train wreck written all over it. If he does well with us he will fook off for more money back to the PL or abroad somewhere, the guys been everywhere.

Not been funny but i think we would have been better with Pardew, Curbishley or O Neil, all with experience of League football in England and all British.

Sven is not long term at all, he will be gone if he does well, he will be gone if he does badly with a big payoff. And we will be looking for ANOTHER BOSS. I will be shell shocked if he stays for his 2 year deal, if the rumours are true.

Unlike Sousa and his two years of not learning English at least this bloke can speak the language

Cheap shot. Perfectly adequate English. I can find you numerous English born "English speakers" who have a poorer command of the language than Paulo - no need for personal attacks. It hasn't worked out that's all, welcome Sven and hope he's a bit more loyal than his reputation suggests.

For what it's worth a mate of mine had a chance meeting with a couple of City players today (I know he did, he sent me a picture) and they spoke as if they were expecting it to be Sven and that was relatively early in the day

Yea coz my mate met Sven on a flying saucer and he sent me the flight plans and a full schematic but I cant post it here because...

What's so 'off the wall' about this guys mate bumping into a couple of City players? :unsure:

Daily Mail think a deal has been agreed:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1316979/Sven-Goran-Eriksson-signs-year-deal-boss-Leicester.html?ITO=1490

Sven Goran Eriksson returns to English football as new Leciester City boss on two-year contractBy Simon Jones and Neil Moxley

Last updated at 11:19 PM on 1st October 2010

In a remarkable move by the Championship's bottom club, Sousa was sacked on Friday after just nine league games in charge.

Chief executive Lee Hoos then held talks in London with former England coach Eriksson to formalise a two-year deal. The decision has provoked scathing criticism from the League Managers' Association.

It is understood that Eriksson was first approached prior to Leicester's midweek defeat at Norwich with the club's hierarchy stunned into action by last Friday's 6-1 loss at Portsmouth.

Sousa, 40, was left bewildered after revealing he had held talks with club officials on Wednesday, when he was told the club was backing him for the long-term and chairman Milan Mandaric went public in his support.

Sousa, who signed a three-year contract in July, said: 'To be sacked after being told that there was a long-term strategy at the club and after only nine games in charge is something that I find very surprising.

'I am very disappointed that I had only been given nine league games to achieve success with a team I inherited. The recent history of the club has seen many such changes of managers and, in my opinion, clubs need stability to build success.

'I would like to wish the supporters, players and the staff at Leicester City Football Club all the success this club needs and deserves.'

Eriksson, who will become Leicester's 15th manager since 2004, was due to take up a post with Saudi Arabian side Al Hilal but has now turned that down and the 62-year-old is expected to start at the Walkers Stadium on Monday.

Eriksson's international reputation helped sway Leicester's owners, a consortium led by Thai businessman Aiyawatt Raksriaksorn, whose father Vichai owns Thailand-based duty-free shopping business King Power Group.

However, League Managers' Association chief executive Richard Bevan said: 'How can a chairman expect to deliver success at a football club when a talented manager is recruited and dismissed within two months, at the start of the season and is given only nine league games to put his own imprint on the squad and the club?

'Knee-jerk dismissals and the chopping and changing of managers will not deliver success on the field and is incredibly destabilising to the entire club.

Out-Foxed: Leicester have endured a dismal start to the season, including a crushing 6-1 defeat at Portsmouth last week

'Paulo's sacking is even more disappointing in light of the chairman's comments on Paulo's appointment, in the summer, when he stated he was "delighted to acquire a manager of such great calibre".

'Leicester City Football Club has had 14 managers since 2004 and six while the current chairman has been at the club.

'Clearly the club has to examine its manager recruitment strategy as their current approach does not work. It is damaging to the club and its fans.'

Am i missing something here? why the fvck are people not deliriously happy with this appointment??? Fact is, the guy can offer our club everything it needs at this very moment in time and crucially, he can offer everything the club needs for where the club wants to be in the future. Personally i couldn't be happier with this choice, MON would have been a fantastic choice for the fans, and i'm sure the romance of the idea made him think about the opportunity also, but sometimes great memories from the past should stay right there, in the past.

Welcome Sven!

I'm cynical [and sceptical] by nature. And I just don't believe Sven's heart is in it. I believe he'll jump ship the moment a better offer comes along. And we have enough instability at the club as it is.

I'm happy to be proven wrong.

somebum, on 01 October 2010 - 09:25 PM, said:

The beginning of the end. Sven has ruined every club he has ever managed. A disasterous, enept, greedy manager.

Read the wiki page linked below and tell me where he has screwed up.

That is a fantastic record only interrupted by idiotic fans and imbecilic owners.

As Mandaric and his side kick will soon be departing that only leaves the idiotic fans to screw up what could be a brilliant appointment.

'I am very disappointed that I had only been given nine league games to achieve success with a team I inherited.

Indeed Paolo, and the fans were equally disappointed that within the space of nine league games you managed to turn an 'inherited' team of professional, organised players, previously pushing for a place in the Premier League, into a shambolic, disillusioned mess currently knocking on the door of League One.

:wave:

Indeed Paolo, and the fans were equally disappointed that within the space of nine league games you managed to turn an 'inherited' team of professional, organised players, previously pushing for a place in the Premier League, into a shambolic, disillusioned mess currently knocking on the door of League One.

:wave:

You should be the club supporter's chairman, not that Ginetta guy. :thumbup:

To all those that dont want Sven read this

Notable feats as England manager

* Germany 1–5 England World Cup qualifier 2001

* England 1–0 Argentina 2002 World Cup

* Improved England's FIFA World ranking from 17th place (January 2001) to 5th place (July 2006)

(highest ranking No.4 during World Cup 2006)

* Managed to reach the quarter final in three consecutive tournaments (WC 2002, Euro 2004, WC 2006). No other European country achieved this during this period, and on an international level only Brazil. England was also, apart from Sweden, the only European country that did not suffer elimination from group play or failure to qualify during this time (2001–2006). Coincidentally, the same manager Luiz Felipe Scolari knocked England out of all three of these tournaments, first with Brazil and then twice with Portugal.

* Achieved the highest point percentage in Major Tournament Matches of all time for an England manager.[12]

* Lost only 3 full-time competitive games and achieved top qualifying place in all three International tournaments during his five and a half years as England manager.

* Rated by the FA as England's 2nd most successful Manager after Alf Ramsey.

Svens Blue Army :scarf:

His appointment (if true) doesn't mean we will be like QPR straight away. Don't get too optimistic with this old fartbag.

I don't want to be Warnock's QPR

Anyone over 18 is old to you.

Calm down, have some patience and hopefully enjoy what could know happen

Archived