Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

There's a snobbery around Vardy, that's for sure. For all the talk of the love of rises from the depths to the top, it's not actually all that appreciated. Scouts are given a huge press and praise for their work so when one slips through the net and returns it's about avoiding criticism. Vardy's not a product of the Premier League academy, he's not had the best facilities and coaches to work with, he's had to drop levels and grind his bollocks off to make it, let alone star in it.

Then there's a view that all he does is run around, totally ignoring the excellent work he does. Even his runs are intelligent and clever and not just for show to look like he cares. He's adding better finishing, composure, first touch to his game which is making a difference. He's not at a fashionable club either.

He's not the best striker out there but no-one is getting more from his abilities than Vardy right now and that is testament to him. Every club would love a player like him around the place.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10033647/are-academy-systems-working

Id pick both to be fair, Rooney in behind Vardy in a 4-4-1-1

I'd honestly not pick Rooney. He's undoubtedly had the best career of England's forwards (and it will be a long time before any top what he's achieved) but right here, right now? The bloke's past-it. I'd only use him sparingly now.

Class from Carragher that lol

Forgot G Nev was on the England staff, good to see him gush with praise. Can't see him losing his squad spot on current form. I've faith that they're just using him wide to ease him into the team, I think long term he's seen as a back up centre forward which is far more appropriate.

Never been that keen on Carragher as a pundit but he's gone up in my estimation thanks to that dig, infact it's not even a dig, it's a genuine question that still wasn't answered.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

Neville stumbled and muttered something about Kane And Rooney.

On match of the day at the weekend, can't remember whether it was Saturday night or the 2 thing Sunday morning, the ex player said 'no one will admit it but Rooney always plays when fit', he's right but it's wrong, if he's not scoring or playing well why do you have to pick him to start just to please the sponsors,corporates etc.

The pundit got it bang on though, and I fear Woy will say he played JV but won't take him to France or if he goes won't play him where he should be because of the scouser and Kane even if he's scored more goals come May.

Last night on MNF,Gary Neville was raving about Jamie Vardy's contribution to the team

And Garragher with a smile on his face said "why did you play him on the wing then".

Neville stumbled and muttered something about Kane And Rooney.

Well done Carragher, exposed the biased nature of the England Team selection criteria which includes:

- Are you Wayne Rooney?

- If not, do you play for a Premier League club in London, Liverpool or Manchester?

- If not, you'll need to do twice as much to prove you should be in the team, and get half the chance to prove yourself.

Vardy's said as much as he acknowledges that he HAS to keep scoring just to be noticed.

Just been listening to Talksport. They've been going through 'old' (1980s) programmes, quite amusing and good to hear them read the Leicester side v Watford in 1985; Ian Andrews, Gary Mc, Alan Smith, Ian Banks, Ian Wilson - decent team. Remember it well, well almost

What can you read "between the lines"

Leicester striker Jamie Vardy hints he will consider his Foxes future in the summer
The England international has nine goals this term, including netting in six successive Premier League games for Claudio Ranieri's side

Harry Engels/GettyNorwich-City-vs-Leicester-City.jpg
Red-hot form: Jamie Vardy has smashed nine goals this season

Jamie Vardy claims he has already “repaid” Leicester and has hinted he could consider his future in the summer.

The striker has nine goals this term, including netting in six successive Premier League games for the flying Foxes who are fifth.

Vardy also now has three England caps after a stunning individual campaign and chief Claudio Ranieri admits Leicester would sell the 28-year-old if they received a mega-bucks offer.

It is a far cry from his days in Non-League before ex-City boss Nigel Pearson paid £1million for Vardy in May 2012 from Fleetwood.

In pictures - Southampton 2-2 Leicester

VIEW GALLERYSouthampton-vs-Leicester.jpg

“It was a big gamble , hopefully, I repaid it all,” reflected Vardy, who penned a four-year deal at Leicester in August 2014.

“I was sad to see him go but that is football nowadays, that is what happens.

“Managers come and go, but so do players.

"I'm contracted to the club and I'm happy at Leicester. It's all about knuckling down and seeing where we can finish this season.”

Didnt Carragher question why we where cheering a goal before our run as "we were already down" or something to that effect?

Yeah think it was after the

West Ham game and he said something like 'the Leicester fans are celebrating as

if they have a chance of survival'

• Like 1

So just to clarify, Carragher isn't a bellend now?

Sorry, pal, you weren't cc-ed on the memo.  If fans or pundits say something nice about us they are well educated, a friendly bunch and clearly someone who understands their football.  If they say something bad, they're armchair morons from a shite city with no history and awful fans.

Got it?