Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I've despised Sunderland for a long time for an array of reasons.

Now I hate them even more because this thread used to be great, now it's all about them.

Can't we go back to when you could come in here, click a link to the forum of the team we play this week, and laugh at them when they say we have no pace? Please?

Just for you

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?55252-SAINTS-vs-Leicester-Build-Up-Thread#.ViI7tVhwYm8

I'm only on page 1 but quite complimentary, the usual they are crap but being shot down by their own fans, and finished with my own personal favourite of overall thinking there own team will win.

In summary, I think we'll win (but a draw would still be a good result and I wouldn't be surprised whatever happens, expecting a good game)

Edited by gw_leics772

Ronald Koeman admitted that opponents Leicester fully merited a point from today’s game at St Mary’s.
Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/20151017-ronald-koeman-reaction-southampton-2-2-leicester-city-2748410.aspx#5010Kkvuz6MwjepA.99

In my opinion I think in the championship Leicester were amongst the biggest in the league, alongside the likes of Leeds, Forest, Derby and Sheff Wed. But, now we are in the Premier League, due to the amount of big clubs in the league, we come across as one of the smaller clubs perhaps - not that we are but that is what it seems.

Glad we're in the Premier League though of course!

Defo behind Leeds and Sheff wed, as in fan base

The thing is that the fans who admire us are actually doing fine themselves (like Southampton and West Ham).

Those who support teams who are currently in the crap are the ones who will despise us (Sunderland, Villa, Stoke).

I suspect jealously/how we're currently performing in front of honest opposition fans to be the main reason of the love-hate divide.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 3

The thing is that the fans who admire us are actually doing fine themselves (like Southampton and West Ham).

Those who support teams who are in the crap are the ones who will despise us (Sunderland, Villa, Stoke).

I suspect jealously/how we're currently performing in front of honest opposition fans to be the main reason of the love-hate divide.

I would be more than happy if we can get in to Stoke territory.

I'd be interested to know what criteria you use to get that Sunderland are a bigger club than us, other than having a stadium with more seats.

Won more, bigger fanbase, bigger ground. They are a bigger club than we are. I'm not ashamed to admit that. The point really is that club size is utterly irrelevant - are we bigger than Leeds? No, but who's shoes would you rather be in now? It's a nothing phrase and the most pointless one-up of the lot really.

But Sunderland are bigger than us. Simply disagree with anyone who says otherwise.

Southampton are more like it. I've got about as little against them as a club as I have against anyone in this league.

Agreed, I like the club and the way it conducts itself. Another who've been written off and proving people wrong.

It's amazing how people class 100 people tops on an Internet forum the clubs 'fans'. How can you make a decision on what the clubs fans are like from that huge minority of people.

There's probably at least 100,000 Sunderland fans.

That's your least subtle trolling attempt yet. At least make your claims remotely believable.

That's your least subtle trolling attempt yet. At least make your claims remotely believable.

You're right, there's likely to be far more. I mean, how many Leicester fans do you think there are in a county of 1.5 million people? The shirts worn at my county based junior football club would suggest a decent number.