Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

The Sunderland fans on that forum are something else.  Classic deflection tactics to distract from living in the armpit of England and have no steel plants to picket anymore.  With idiots like that it's no wonder regional downsizing and outsourcing exists.

I know it's reacting to a WUM post but i'm not sure if they have looked at the table.  Some of the comments are just silly.  We have some of the lowest attendances in the league?  Our ground is always sold out, we would have a higher attendance if we had a bigger ground.  They try to spin it as if we have an empty ground, just like theirs after half time.

We are a team riding on confidence?  At what point does playing with confidence coexist with having the ability as I think that's where we are at.  Vardy will struggle to get 12, he's scored 1 less than their whole team.  Our goals will dry up?  We have 7 different scorers.

Lets see if they can turn draws into wins.  Lets see if Sunderland can turn losses into draws.  We've played 5 of the same teams, drawn the games they lost and won the games they drew.

To be fair, Sunderland have already played Tottenham, Manchester United and Manchester City, whereas we are looking at a pretty heavy November/December program ourselves.

The 5-2 drubbing at the hands of Arsenal might just act as a sign of things to come. Hopefully, we've got some strategy at hand to avoid similar results in the weeks to come.

Then again, they lost 2-0 away at Bournemouth and at home against Norwich. :D

To be fair, Sunderland have already played Tottenham, Manchester United and Manchester City, whereas we are looking at a pretty heavy November/December program ourselves.

The 5-2 drubbing at the hands of Arsenal might just act as a sign of things to come. Hopefully, we've got some strategy at hand to avoid similar results in the weeks to come.

Then again, they lost 2-0 away at Bournemouth and at home against Norwich. :D

We have already played Spurs and Arsenal... Yet still 12 points ahead of Sunderland... your last sentence sums them up, useless...

Sunderland are abysmal. 4-2 absolutely flattered them back in August. I get that Sunderland are a bigger club than us but they really are the most stale club in this league who will do absolutely nothing for the foreseeable future. Not saying we will but our future's brighter than theirs, I'm sure of it.

Every clubs fans have different views on what aspects of the game they consider decisive when comparing club sizes, it is often to favour their own club. Every fan is biased one way or another, that's normal. Sunderlands fans however are the most biased and deluded I've ever read about. They are certainly in no position to have the audacity to call us "tinpot", that really is pathetic coming from them. It reeks of envy to me.

Tbh it's like walking to your house on Premier League street and the local homeless man across the way shouts "I don't like you very much":

Your first instinct is to take a little offence, but a moment later you realise how silly that is and in fact you feel a little sorry for the man so you go back into your house and make him some soup. As you come back outside and hand it over, the man starts visibly shaking then bursts into tears. He's weeping uncontrollably as he admits that he just wanted to get your attention one last time because in you he sees the man that he believes he could have been, but now it hurts him to much too look at you because he's aware that his life is at its lowest ebb (he used to be a big shot millionaire once, or at least that's what he always says when he's raving at the public) and the only future he can conceive for himself is at the homeless shelter on Championship Avenue.

Like this. This is 100% my perception of Forest fans.

Imagine being a Sunderland fan not having won a game after 8 and having to convince yourself that a team 12 points and 14 places above you, who battered you on the opening day and having only lost once so far having taken 11 points from the teams you have taken 2 from, yet we are in a false position and they aren't.

I really wish I had that arrogance, confidence and ego when it comes to life. 

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but apparently the contenders for Premier League champions are down to six now: Man City, Arsenal, Man United, Palace, us and West Ham. That is according to the statistics quoted in this piece: http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2015/10/16/then-there-were-six-city-arsenal-united-head-title-race-161001/

Load of old pony, of course, but nice to be in with a shout!

Edited by LanguedocFox

Sunderland are abysmal. 4-2 absolutely flattered them back in August. I get that Sunderland are a bigger club than us but they really are the most stale club in this league who will do absolutely nothing for the foreseeable future. Not saying we will but our future's brighter than theirs, I'm sure of it.

I'd be interested to know what criteria you use to get that Sunderland are a bigger club than us, other than having a stadium with more seats.

I'd be interested to know what criteria you use to get that Sunderland are a bigger club than us, other than having a stadium with more seats.

They've won more than us in their history and been in the Premier League longer than we have

they're bigger but they aren't better. you can always tell when teams have gone to shit because they start reminding you of their fa cup win in 1887 or something because literally nothing good has happened since. see forest, livpool, leeds etc.

Sunderland fans know their team is shit and club is shit from top to bottom these days so have to remind us all that their (usually empty) ground is a bit bigger than ours to make themselves seem relevant in any way. can't think of a single thing about Sunderland that you'd take over what we have atm. owners, players, fans, manager, results, we literally top them on everything. they're so shit.

Depends when history started. Swansea have been in the Premier League longer than us. Are they a bigger club ??

Probably not because we've spent more years in the PL than they have. It's all irrelevant though. Like Scouse said, there is a difference between a bigger club and a better club. The "bigger" club label is more to do with history and the "better" club is more to do with the here and now. I'm much happier being in the second category

Guest CityFan 06

In my opinion I think in the championship Leicester were amongst the biggest in the league, alongside the likes of Leeds, Forest, Derby and Sheff Wed. But, now we are in the Premier League, due to the amount of big clubs in the league, we come across as one of the smaller clubs perhaps - not that we are but that is what it seems.

Glad we're in the Premier League though of course!

they're not even big really, most of their honours came before world war 2. They've been a yoyo club for the past couple of years and when they've finally established themselves they're reduced to ****ing atrocious football. I do think there's a bit of jealousy in the way we just come up and have played how we are, but I do think most of their hatred for us on that forum is down to those spastic leicester fans on there