Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Cannot believe I'm still reading they we've had "soft fixtures". We were nailed to the foot of the table for most of last season as a newly promoted team ffs, none of these games are meant to be "soft" for us.

People on Twitter have now moved away from the "Leicester haven't played anyone decent yet" to now saying "we haven't played any of the big teams away from home"

Some absolute classics in this thread about us on the Forest forum. Read Matt1982 comments they really are laughable.

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=44157&page=6

Everyone is ripping him to shreds on there and rightly so, he thinks we should just have a top four of Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool every season, and how dare anyone break that up because the EPL and CL will become boring to watch for him if they aren't there lol brilliant Edited by foxes_rule1978

Reminds me of the championship season where every team we played produced their worst performance in ages against us. We are so fortunate in that regard .............

I can remember forest fans telling me they had a better team than us the year we went up and that none of our players were good enough for the premier league saying we'd need to buy a new squad to stay up.

Everyone is ripping him to shreds on there and rightly so, he thinks we should just have a top four of Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool every season, and how dare anyone break that up because the EPL and CL will become boring to watch for him if they aren't there lol brilliant

I was reading that yesterday and it crossed my mind that it must be the most idiotic thing I've ever read on a football forum. Utter stupidity.

Some absolute classics in this thread about us on the Forest forum. Read Matt1982 comments they really are laughable.

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=44157&page=6

Matt1982. The epitome of everything that's wrong with modern, consumer-oriented football.

Once upon a time, Nottingham Forest were a no-name club. Along came Brian Clough. And he gave them the best years they've ever seen.

We might fade, we might not - just like Forest did after 1993. For now, I'm just enjoying the ride. If we end up Champions at the end of the season, wouldn't that be an amazing (current) end to our rise up the leagues like Phoenix from the ashes? As others have pointed out in that Forest thread, us being on top at the moment gives hope to all other lower-league teams, indicating that no matter the circumstances, there's still a chance of upsetting the status quo established over the course of 20+ years.

Our story is a football fairytale, giving inspiration to the entire world of football.

• Like 1

My favourite thing about this season is how people are being forced to change their opinions, and it really highlights the ignorance of most football fans (i'm sure we're all guilty of it occasionally too). 

September - "Mahrez is the only good player, the rest are championship standard" 

October - "Two man team, the rest are championship at best" 

November - "Three man team, if Kante, Mahrez or Vardy gets injured they're ****ed"

December - "Apart from Vardy, Mahrez, Kante and Drinkwater they are bang average, the bubble will burst after christmas"

Long may it continue, hopefully by May the whole team will have been noticed. 

• Like 4