Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

On 8/3/2016 at 17:48, Corky said:

Sarah Winterburn on Football365 (well known disliker of Leicester) has included Daniel Amartey in the 6 disastrous January signings.

http://www.football365.com/news/niasse-and-five-more-disastrous-january-transfers

Utterly ridiculous given that a) he barely played because our midfield pair were so good and b) he still seems very much in the plans of Ranieri for this season judging by pre-season. He's played, as she says, 101 minutes of which most were at right-back on debut (which she didn't say).

Yeah he was 20 when we signed him too lol how can you call him a disastrous signing, where is pato on her list.

On 3 August 2016 at 17:48, Corky said:

Sarah Winterburn on Football365 (well known disliker of Leicester) has included Daniel Amartey in the 6 disastrous January signings.

http://www.football365.com/news/niasse-and-five-more-disastrous-january-transfers

Utterly ridiculous given that a) he barely played because our midfield pair were so good and b) he still seems very much in the plans of Ranieri for this season judging by pre-season. He's played, as she says, 101 minutes of which most were at right-back on debut (which she didn't say).

Unless you spend serious money on a player, how can a signing in a title-winning season ever be disastrous?

What a melt lol

6 minutes ago, daz*dsb said:

I hear a lot of rubbish talk about football Sarah but I don't hear any sandwiches being made in the kitchen...

loli went to see Bill Burr last night. That line could have come straight from his routine

Edited by Jacnah
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

Unless you spend serious money on a player, how can a signing in a title-winning season ever be disastrous?

What a melt lol

Last time I checked, £6m Amartey was "steamrolled" by an attacking wave worth £100m, consisting of Cavani, Di Maria and Pastore.

In a friendly.

You can sense that at one point, Sarah Winterburn ran out of suitable candidates for her "shame on you" list and had to settle for ridiculous suggestions.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, daz*dsb said:

I hear a lot of rubbish talk about football Sarah but I don't hear any sandwiches being made in the kitchen...

This is exactly the sort of comment that isn't helpful.

She is easily the worst journalist on that website. Obviously this isn't because she's a woman, it's because she has absolutely no idea what she's talking about and seems to alternate randomly between condescension and moral arbitration.

People making comments like this (and I'm sure it was a joke) will just further the idea that she shouldn't be taken seriously because she's a woman when the real issue is that she's a terrible journalist with seemingly no knowledge of (or worse still - willingness to learn about) any side outside of the traditional top 6.

There is no sense of logic whatsoever in describing Amartey as a disaster. That's way off the scale of stupidity, almost as if the dumb cow couldn't think of anyone else and went through a list of signings made in January and picked him at random. A shocking lack of football knowledge there.

Miazga shouldn't be there as well. I'm not sure why Grabban is there, they stayed up didn't they Bournemouth?

I'm surprised she didn't include Demarai Gray as well. After all, he didn't start a premier league game!

They hope we do. Last season was a nice change but they don't want to be covering us in depth again. A Mourinho, Guardiola, Klopp title race is all they want I reckon to build up the mind games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

The Sunday Supplement there, asserting that City will fail to hit the heights.

Sigh.

No need to sigh. Let them pour scorn on us like they did last year. It can only be to our benefit if everyone underestimates us again. 

45 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Sam Wallace has us as 7th in the Sunday Telegraph.  Fair enough....

Arsenal 5th.  Oh dear!

It took them until about May 1 to talk about us as title contenders last season!

Edit: Meant to quote the post about the Sunday Supplement!

Edited by Poznan34