Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

4 hours ago, Matt said:

He really is a ****. Simpson's reaction superb as well. Pretty sure Carragher has been quoted as saying he'd trade all he won for a Premier League medal.

He absolutely hates us. Isn't it brilliant?

On Wednesday, May 24, 2017 at 14:53, Captain... said:

Don't get me wrong I don't expect us to win the cups, but I do think we are capable of winning them, and we should be taking them seriously from the start next season and not messing about trying to rest players and then losing to Shrewsbury, or Millwall. You get a stinker of a first match like Chelsea and narrowly get beaten, then fair enough. There is every chance next season is over by March, like West Brom, one way to keep it alive and keep some of the buzz going is to progress in the cups.

If at the end of the next season we have finished 10th and not made any progress in the cups I will still be happy, but 5-6 years of that and interest starts to go, attendances drop, enthusiasm goes, players struggle to get up for the games against the other mid table teams and you turn into West Brom, functional, successful, but boring and one of those teams that will eventually  get sucked into the Championship and probably disappear for few years.

6 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

In all seriousness, look at our newsnow feed- plenty of the more simple publications seemed to find it hilarious. Bizarre, really.

Some people are easily entertained, then turn on themselves, by getting irate over nothing

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Its sad that Carragher needs to feel relevant. Chat $hit get banged mate. Now feck off to retirement 

That's the problem with these pundits. They only care about their own reputation and relevancy, instead of giving thoughtful analysis. Prefer the fans opinions to these mugs.

• Like 1

I think Danny Simpson should wind his neck in. After all he KILLED THE SOUL OF FOOTBALL! THE ENTIRE SOUL OF THE SPORT OF FOOTBALL IS DEAD BECAUSE OF THIS MAN AND NOW HE'S MAKING JOKES ABOUT IT! ???

RIP FOOTBALL?

RIP RANIERI ?

RIP LEICESTER ?

Edited by Danizen

Carragher a footballer who made a fortune out of being steady and that he stayed at one club. The guy was very well rewarded for that and long term commitment's to a club are rare, not unusual we have Andy King. Carragher is a poor mans Gary Neville and perhaps sees Danny Simpson as a similar type of player, no thrills but solid. People can always look at Danny Simpson and bring up his very troubled personal life and some will always judge him on that. Up until recently Danny Simpson's personal life was nothing to be proud of but the way he has turned around his life and career is. A journeyman footballer and outcast to becoming a PL winner in the most unlikely of circumstances. 

Some cannot accept Leicester City won the premiership Carragher being one, Simpson as a footballer it quite similar to Carragher not someone who will go down as a great but solid and steady and a team man. For all the thousands of hours so called experts have tried to explain why they were so wrong and how Leicester won the league and win it by some distance nobody mentions the contribution of Simpson and his style of play that  helped Mahrez have so much of a free role and become the player of the season. Carragher had a fantastic career one incredibly well rewarded and somehow seems to have landed a very good media gig based on talking very quickly with a strange accent and he is still behind Gary Neville, fingers can be pointed at some Leicester City players not trying last season any football pundit with just an ounce of knowledge of the game would know Danny Simpson would not be one of them

• Like 2

On 2017-5-28 at 10:43, Finnegan said:

That interview just makes me dislike Yann Kermogant even more. What a moany bastard.

Sounds like he's lying too.

"Yeah I wasn't confident so I went for a Panenka, as you do like".

**** off Yann.

:yawn: I know I could stop reading it (and positing it) but it is quite funny.

The yawn refers to it becoming abit cringeworthy and embarrassing, I can see why Simpson is replying and retaliating but I don't see what Carragher's problem is and why he keeps going with it. Get over it.

Hopefully Simpsons says something that causes Carragher to have a proper bite and he get's a bollocking from Sky.

• Like 2