Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

2 minutes ago, Foxin hell said:

But that's not when we lost 1-0.

He's clearly getting 2 games mixed up, but he is right Kante looked lost in his first few games for us, coming off the bench and generally being deployed wide. It wasn't until after the 5-2 Arsenal game and we ditched the attacking full backs and played Kante in the middle did he start to shine.

5 minutes ago, Foxin hell said:

I remember when he came off the bench at Bournemouth away and he was literally giving the ball away just to go and win it back lol

Yeah a few of us turned to eachother in disbelief about the balls he was recovering.

Been publicised that Walsh convinced Ranieri not to play him on the wing- can you imagine if he hadn't??

1 hour ago, Foxin hell said:

I remember when he came off the bench at Bournemouth away and he was literally giving the ball away just to go and win it back lol

I can remember, against villa at home I think, he miss hit a ten yard pass to one of their players, seeing a potential brake on the villas players eyes lit up however Kante had took the ball back off him before he had even had time to react. lol 

Edited by Vlad the Fox
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Captain... said:

He's clearly getting 2 games mixed up, but he is right Kante looked lost in his first few games for us, coming off the bench and generally being deployed wide. It wasn't until after the 5-2 Arsenal game and we ditched the attacking full backs and played Kante in the middle did he start to shine.

he played wide a few times to accommodate inler but I wouldn't say he looked lost. his debut at bury was just sensational and he played on the wing that day. you could tell almost immediately he had an incredible knack of being everywhere and winning everything. 

it just took a few games before we were brave enough to tell inler, our marquee singing and cambiasso replacement that he was rubbish. 

as for confusing the two stoke games, great stuff 

• Like 1

We've got a great record against Stoke haven't we? No wonder Hughes has to make shit up. Have they beaten us once since we've been promoted, 1-0 at home in 2014-15?

mans still clinging on to that one win two an a half year back cos we've dismantled them every other time he's come to our place 

we we even let huth take a free kick one time it was that easy 

Edited by ScouseFox

30 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Pretty sure he played wide right last season away at Stoke and he rinsed them.

I was at that game and the old memory is not quite what it was, but my recollection is that we were losing at half time and Claudio took Inler off and Kante moved into the middle. We went on to get a draw I think.

8 hours ago, Captain... said:

Bury away was the first game we moved Kante into the middle because Inler was struggling.

• 2 weeks later...