Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Sour grapes from a bitter bunch. Personally, I've got nothing against the Blades. It's great they're back in the same division as their city rivals, but they've got to focus on survival in the Championship first and foremost, anyway.

If they can keep their squad together for a while (Brooks and Lavery in particular), they'll go places.

Their team played well in the first half, the difference in class and quality showed in the second 45 minutes. Nothing wrong with losing to a Premier League side in the League Cup.

Edited by MC Prussian

4 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Always someone else fault with Sheff Utd. West Ham signed Tevez when they shouldn't, Leicester didn't lose 10 points. Fact is if their club did it's own job neither of those situation would have affected them, they just weren't good enough anyway. Never liked the club.

It's classic "small man syndrome". They're pony compared to Wednesday and have always lived in the shadow of a decent club.Birmingham City very similar. Very sad.

14 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Without turning this into the 'Do they mean Sheffield Utd' thread their support tonight was atrocious. Playing recent premier league winners and a respectable champions league performer you would have felt they would be up for it more. Especially with an ok start to the league themselves.

Don't know what you mean mate, shouting "WHHHEEYYYYYY" every time we misplaced a pass or miss a chance was fantastic support. I like the way they also waited until the 54th minute to sing their first song, in respect to how many league points they'll accumulate this season. 

Guest BlueBrett

'classic case of where were you when you were shit' - hmm pretty sure we averaged home attendances over 20K in league one, broadly similar to their own home gate last year

5 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Didn't their home end have about 12 people in it. Dreadful support. 

It was on tv and Wilder already said he was putting out a second team.

Out of all my visits to Bramall Lane last night was the worse I've seen in terms of attendance but I also expected it.

Edited by Fox92

I did see a lot of bitter responses on twitter, now on their forum. Do they not realise we were taking the piss. Everyone went mental when Musa scored because.... it was Musa... They must have got a tiny incline given we were singing his name for about 10 mins prior.

9 minutes ago, BlueBrett said:

'classic case of where were you when you were shit' - hmm pretty sure we averaged home attendances over 20K in league one, broadly similar to their own home gate last year

Just had a quick scan over both clubs'  average attendances since 1960. We have had the larger average for 41 out of the past 57 seasons. 

• Like 2

it's just jealousy. 

we've gone from strength to strength with good owners and good management and they've done **** all, really. 

we had good gates in league one and the championship and we'll continue to have good gates whilst the club is being well run, whatever league we find ourselves in.

bringing up the 'saved from admin unfairly' shit is also irrelevant - it's not like we went from potential admin to PL winners - we had plenty of time to **** everything up after that close call and tbf we nearly did. 

we used our drop to league one as a springboard and a chance to reset and we never looked back. 

maybe they'll push on and do something decent and realise it's not all just handed to you on a plate - or maybe they'll just be shit and bitter, whatever.  

37 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

'when 13,000 clingers-on are all gone' was a personal favourite. We were bottom of the premier league for four months in 14/15 and were still filling the ground. 

First year in league one:

Leicester 20,000+
Pigs 18,000

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Leicester 20,000+
Pigs 18,000

Granted our average attendance in the premier league is greater than it was in the championship and league 1, but that applies to pretty much every football club. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Leicester 20,000+
Pigs 18,000

So it should be. We're a one club City, they aren't.

The whole bandwagon/'where were you when you were shit' shite is sang by every club who want the success we have had. It's a simple, shit, boring song and always has been. I imagine Manchester City and Chelsea get it every single game.

And can people stop the the 'pigs' thing we're not Wednesday or Barnsley fans.

Edited by Fox92

The last page has been absolutely clinical in putting to bed all of their delusional statements lol

I don't mind them tbh, Wilder's clearly a talented manager and they should stay up comfortably but on that forum they aren't half bitter.