Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Glad I'm not the only one who loves it, can't help a wry smile even now thinking of a minute after the goal kick and the fifth "YYAARRRGGGGHHH" going up from the twaddled bloke two rows in front.

10 minutes ago, Corky said:

You're Shit, Arrgghhh makes absolutely no difference yet people still do it just for a bit of fun. It is harmless really. Although I much prefer it when the opposition get a goal-kick, the Kop winds up for the chant and have just started as the keeper plays a short pass to a defender and it just stops there and then.

I'm sure keepers have been booed for it before lol 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

loved this bit;

Nice of them to turn up but I wasn't impressed with the "you're shit, aaaaahhh" aimed at Eastwood every time he touched the ball. Classless.

classless fellas, classless 

Agreed. I know we've generally done something right when we get called classless.

1 hour ago, Jacnah said:

this....100% ....it makes me giggle every single time...I know, Im a moron! :-)

It might surprise some, but back in the day I was a very willing participant in it, particularly in getting the 'aaaaaaaaaaah!' going again in the most silly way possible. I'm still a fan because it is plain daft and harms nobody. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Melbourne Fuchs said:

There was a particularly loud "your shit aaaaaahhhhhhh" before Sergio Rico kicked it out for a throw-in, leading to Albrighton's goal against Sevilla. Probably the most memorable one for me.

Back in the day there was a one where the opposition keeper (I want to say Seaman or Nigel Martyn) began conducting our "aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhs" with some quality hand gestures! lol

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

It always makes me smile and I'm definitely a comedy snob. 

It's just so senselessly stupid it makes me chuckle. The fact some people find it embarrassing just makes it better to be honest. 

Love it when some old Pen 1 old boy who's had a few too many shandies waits for it to quieten down a bit again and follows up with another random "AHHHHHHHHHHH!" 

Oh the chuckles. 

Guilty ?

12 hours ago, Babylon said:

If we were 7-0 up with 5 minutes left and they scored 1, I'd still be thinking "I hope we can scrape a draw".

My Mrs is from Porto so she has only really been into Leicester the last 3 or 4 years. She is still bemused when I start arranging my own funeral every time the opposition get the ball. Give it a few more years love you'll see.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, z-layrex said:

My Mrs is from Porto so she has only really been into Leicester the last 3 or 4 years. She is still bemused when I start arranging my own funeral every time the opposition get the ball. Give it a few more years love you'll see.

I'm still waiting for a spuds revival and they snatch the title from us. I so fecking hope they don't.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Phube said:

Back in the day there was a one where the opposition keeper (I want to say Seaman or Nigel Martyn) began conducting our "aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhs" with some quality hand gestures! lol

Yes Nigel Martyn - raising and lowering the volume level of the arrrrrrghhhhhh lol

• Like 1

On 8/24/2017 at 10:38, BlueBrett said:

Wtf is that guy who says we're all 'insecure because we're from an utterly nondescript part of the country' taking?! We're from a beautiful, prosperous, diverse county in the heart of the national forest with more cultural heritage than most of them could probably even make sense of. The relevance of their city died with the steel industry and now they're nothing more than a mecca for 4th rate students. Having a stupid tram does not make you cool - they've got one in notts ffs.

Best post ever!

Yeah, they can frig off with their tram. Just an expensive bus or a crap train.

• Haha 2