Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

57 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I genuinely did hear an Albrighton v Mahrez discussion behind me against Bournemouth and they all said they'd sooner keep Marc lol 

It's hard too get rid of the smaller club supporter mentality. 

The mindset is that of a lad who chooses a munter over the absolute sort because he's worried the sort might one day cheat on him or leave for someone else, whereas he knows the munter will be loyal.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

The mindset is that of a lad who chooses a munter over the absolute sort because he's worried the sort might one day cheat on him or leave for someone else, whereas he knows the munter will be loyal.

If I knew what a munter was I would probably rep this post lol

9 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

I genuinely did hear an Albrighton v Mahrez discussion behind me against Bournemouth and they all said they'd sooner keep Marc lol 

Yeah but was this when Mahrez was clearly disinterested in even trying to look like he might give us 5 minutes out of 90? Albrighton does at least give his all.

27 minutes ago, grth2004 said:

Two questions:

why are you watching coronation street ?

what did they say ?

My Mrs was while I was making fishing lures.

Steve to Leanne  "We make a great team"

Leanne"So did Leicester City for one season"

lol 

• Haha 1

Pretty good tactical analysis, however i'm never keen on reading any journalist who always goes for the line, "they were lucky with injuries" - yes, of course it's lucky to not get serious injuries - but i'd argue from looking (particularily at Arsenal and Liverpool for example) that you make your own luck to a degree with the efforts you as a club put in behind the scenes, we've got damn good fitness coaches so they deserve a bit more credit than it's just all luck.

• Like 1

Pretty good tactical analysis, however i'm never keen on reading any journalist who always goes for the line, "they were lucky with injuries" - yes, of course it's lucky to not get serious injuries - but i'd argue from looking (particularily at Arsenal and Liverpool for example) that you make your own luck to a degree with the efforts you as a club put in behind the scenes, we've got damn good fitness coaches so they deserve a bit more credit than it's just all luck.
Not sure what's happened recently though
  • Like 1

FiveThirtyEight is doing European football.  https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/

This is the site of Nate Silver, who famously called all 50 states in our 2012 presidential election, since purchased by ESPN and with emphasis on sports as well as politics.  (My favorite site for team ratings and predictions in US baseball, hoops and college football.)

59911c412ea52_538PL.thumb.JPG.31758e48ef8ad83b97f40502ffe16772.JPG

This is a heads-up, not a review -- I have not looked into their methodology and these guys have little or no history with the sport.  Check it out if it interests you.  As to Saturday:

predic.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1