Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

2 hours ago, Fox 4 Life said:

"and funnily enough they shut up when we scored (as if they were shitting themselves)."

This bit made me laugh. It is part and parcel of being a Leicester fan that even at 3 nil up when the other team score you immediately fear the worst lollol

Ha ha - absolutely true . Thought it was just me . I watch through a sort of prismatic LCFC lens where when the oppo have the ball they look certain to score from anywhere at any time 

lol

• Like 4

Guest BlueBrett
13 hours ago, gerrytaggart said:

Twat you're shit aaaaaahhhh is one of my absolute favourite things.  Anyone who says its classless, tinpot or belongs in the 80's is a dick.

It is somehow kind of hilarious every time, especially when you can still hear a few people screaming 'ahhhhhhhh' like a minute later lol

Edited by BlueBrett

Guest BlueBrett

Wtf is that guy who says we're all 'insecure because we're from an utterly nondescript part of the country' taking?! We're from a beautiful, prosperous, diverse county in the heart of the national forest with more cultural heritage than most of them could probably even make sense of. The relevance of their city died with the steel industry and now they're nothing more than a mecca for 4th rate students. Having a stupid tram does not make you cool - they've got one in notts ffs.

Edited by BlueBrett

Wtf is that guy who says we're all 'insecure because we're from an utterly nondescript part of the country' taking?! We're from a beautiful, prosperous, diverse county in the heart of the national forest with more cultural heritage than most of them could probably even make sense of. The relevance of their city died with the steel industry and now their nothing more than a mecca for 4th rate students. Having a stupid tram does not make you cool - they've got one in notts ffs.

They've got the snookerers at the Crucifix Theartre. Big Bill Werbeniuk stretching over the table for a tricky long red, breaking wind, and bellying the pack in his tense 2nd round match against Tony Meo. That's real culture.

9 minutes ago, BlueBrett said:

Wtf is that guy who says we're all 'insecure because we're from an utterly nondescript part of the country' taking?! We're from a beautiful, prosperous, diverse county in the heart of the national forest with more cultural heritage than most of them could probably even make sense of. The relevance of their city died with the steel industry and now their nothing more than a mecca for 4th rate students. Having a stupid tram does not make you cool - they've got one in notts ffs.

Because he knows you're on their board reading their comments.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BlueBrett said:

Wtf is that guy who says we're all 'insecure because we're from an utterly nondescript part of the country' taking?! We're from a beautiful, prosperous, diverse county in the heart of the national forest with more cultural heritage than most of them could probably even make sense of. The relevance of their city died with the steel industry and now they're nothing more than a mecca for 4th rate students. Having a stupid tram does not make you cool - they've got one in notts ffs.

Now now some of us are doing quite well for ourselves!

34 minutes ago, BlueBrett said:

To be fair, this is the most touchy, nancy, insecure thread on FoxesTalk and I include the depression thread in that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lestagirl said:

I had a great time too, even found myself singing "musa scores we're on the pitch" and I am almost 66!!!  

The reaction when Musa scored lol

I ended up a few rows behind where I was stood. 

• Haha 1

Guest BlueBrett
13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

To be fair, this is the most touchy, nancy, insecure thread on FoxesTalk and I include the depression thread in that. 

mmm well I'm not denying insecurity but it definitely doesn't stem from being a Midlander 

14 hours ago, gerrytaggart said:

Twat you're shit aaaaaahhhh is one of my absolute favourite things.  Anyone who says its classless, tinpot or belongs in the 80's is a dick.

I'm the other way round! I hate that chant, and anyone who sings it belongs in the 80s. It's so embarrassing to hear our fans chanting it!

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

9 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

I'm the other way round! I hate that chant, and anyone who sings it belongs in the 80s. It's so embarrassing to hear our fans chanting it!

I'm immature enough to find that chant funny.

The one i can't stand is "We're the left side/We're the right side". Utterly pointless and achieves nothing

You're Shit, Arrgghhh makes absolutely no difference yet people still do it just for a bit of fun. It is harmless really. Although I much prefer it when the opposition get a goal-kick, the Kop winds up for the chant and have just started as the keeper plays a short pass to a defender and it just stops there and then.

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It always makes me smile and I'm definitely a comedy snob. 

It's just so senselessly stupid it makes me chuckle. The fact some people find it embarrassing just makes it better to be honest. 

Love it when some old Pen 1 old boy who's had a few too many shandies waits for it to quieten down a bit again and follows up with another random "AHHHHHHHHHHH!" 

Oh the chuckles. 

this....100% ....it makes me giggle every single time...I know, Im a moron! :-)

• Like 1