Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Honestly, people, don't worry about what some sad Sheff United fans think of us. We've come into contact with them through circumstance as we're literally out their league, done our job steamrollering them with the ressies, and now we've moved onto more important games. Biggest game of the season for them and they'll still be talking bitterly about it the end of their season. Pity them really, that was us a few years back.

20 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

So it should be. We're a one club City, they aren't.

The whole bandwagon/'where were you when you were shit' shite is sang by every club who want the success we have had. It's a simple, shit, boring song and always has been. I imagine Manchester City and Chelsea get it every single game.

And can people stop the the 'pigs' thing we're not Wednesday or Barnsley fans.

We have a club 400m away that gets more than some prem teams. 

People can call them what what they want.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

The whole bandwagon/'where were you when you were shit' shite is sang by every club who want the success we have had. It's a simple, shit, boring song and always has been. I imagine Manchester City and Chelsea get it every single game.

I know you hate Sheffield Wednesday but that's no reason to like Sheffield United.

We're Leicester, therefore they can both be bellends.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

I know you hate Sheffield Wednesday but that's no reason to like Sheffield United.

We're Leicester, therefore they can both be bellends.

Oh, I agree, and some of the comments I've seen are stupid from them.

I don't usually have a problem with Sheffield United tbh, brilliant ground, I prefer northerners to southerners and they are just about a Premier League sized club.

But on a purely objective level I was really disappointed in their support last night. 11,200 - I think we had around 2,000 there - even though there were no trains back and it's a Tuesday night. So 9,000-ish home fans. I know it's only the league cup and we're not Man Utd, but fvck me we did win the title 2 years ago, were in the Champions League last season and we're an established Premiership club. It would have been quite a big scalp for them if they'd got through.

For comparison, we got 17,000 at home to Fulham in the Championship - they brought almost no one so that's about 16,000 home fans. And that's Fulham, a small club who belong in the Championship and weren't pulling up trees in the Premiership at the time.

I also remember them having a half-full ground in a play-off semi-final about 4 years ago. I mean that is piss poor.

I haven't read their comments, theyd just annoy me, but based on what's being said on here it sounds like they're criticising our support, which is absolutely ludicrous. Our support has been significantly better than theirs for years, there's no argument about it.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

Don't really see how the occasion means anything, surely if its what they view as a poor cup competition then all the more reason to have some fun in the stands. As it stood though we were the only ones making any noise bar a few in the back corner of their kop although I couldn't hear them as it was only a group of 20. One of the best away ends I have been to (Havent been to many though tbf) although the left side let us down when they didn't join in with the right side left side chant.

Also the wild scenes at the end were fully deserved as MUSA scored, celebrated that more then the other 3 goals, the build up all night, singing "if musa scores we're on the pitch" after his first couple of mistakes, him then getting more into the game in the second half and finally scoring with the last kick of the game. Beautiful. The crowd definitely made it a memerable night for myself and surely thats why you go to the football?

Also find it funny the one guy who thought it was classless of us to chant your shit ahhh at their goalkeeper lol we do it to every damn keeper not just the actual shit ones.

Edited by TheMightySystem
  • Like 2

loved this bit;

Nice of them to turn up but I wasn't impressed with the "you're shit, aaaaahhh" aimed at Eastwood every time he touched the ball. Classless.

classless fellas, classless 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

Was just about to post that link.

Utterly delusional. Complaining about away fans making noise - how dare we.

Then you look at their attendance yesterday and think to yourself - WTF?

If it hadn't been for the Leicester supporters, the stadium would've been empty! lol

37 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

Don't really see how the occasion means anything, surely if its what they view as a poor cup competition then all the more reason to have some fun in the stands. As it stood though we were the only ones making any noise bar a few in the back corner of their kop although I couldn't hear them as it was only a group of 20. One of the best away ends I have been to (Havent been to many though tbf) although the left side let us down when they didn't join in with the right side left side chant.

Also the wild scenes at the end were fully deserved as MUSA scored, celebrated that more then the other 3 goals, the build up all night, singing "if musa scores we're on the pitch" after his first couple of mistakes, him then getting more into the game in the second half and finally scoring with the last kick of the game. Beautiful. The crowd definitely made it a memerable night for myself and surely thats why you go to the football?

Also find it funny the one guy who thought it was classless of us to chant your shit ahhh at their goalkeeper lol we do it to every damn keeper not just the actual shit ones.

Left side were in fine voice, it was the right side who weren't getting involved. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

loved this bit;

Nice of them to turn up but I wasn't impressed with the "you're shit, aaaaahhh" aimed at Eastwood every time he touched the ball. Classless.

classless fellas, classless 

lol

Why do people like that even attend football matches?

Just now, TheMightySystem said:

Maybe it was the acoustics of the ground then as so were the right lol was a good away end on the whole though considering what others have said about our aways last season.

It was my first away game since my first year of uni five years ago and I forgot how much I've enjoyed it. Says a lot about our fans when you can go and make a night like that one to remember in a second round of a cup, with weakened teams and barely any opposition fans. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

What I find funny is that every team that sings that at us had lower average attendances in the championship than us. Middlesbrough, West Brom, Palace, Stoke, Watford, Hull etc.

• Like 2

I think it's only us and Leeds who do it en masse these days. Its still funny, especially as it seems to bemuse and wind up opposition fans.

As for Sheff United fans having a go because we went OTT celebrating a goal- seriously? The bitterness from that lot towards us is overwhelming. Good to see our end enjoying itself and making a decent racket!

6 hours ago, MrSpaM said:

It's actually pretty shocking how bitter they are lol

It's not just bitterness some of them really think they support the biggest club in the world.

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

No I won't stop the pigs thing. I lived amongst them and they are. Fvcking hate them one rung down the ladder from spuds fans. Would rather spend time with the sheep and the trees.