Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Key takeaways from the Aussie cricket documentary. 

1. Justin Langer booting that bin over after Lyon fumbled the run out at Headingley and then spending 5 minutes methodically picking all of the rubbish back up and putting it back in is no1 TV moment of the year so far. 

2. They were fooling absolutely nobody when they were all pretending to piss themselves at the abuse they were getting off the fans coming out of Edgebaston. They were all fuming I don’t care what any of them said. 

3. Finchey can come and play for England. He’s a good lad. So is Tim Paine. I liked Pat Cummings too. When Finch doesn’t review that bat pad catch and he finds out it’s not out when he gets back in just sums his honesty up. That was a genuine insight. When Paine said after headingley “just believe that the process we have in place to beat these blokes is going to work” that was the sign of a true captain. They were always going to come back stronger at OT. (Pissed myself that JL made the whole squad watch it again the day after though lol

4. David Warner is an utter **** of the highest order. “Oh I’ve come back in to the side, nothing’s changed its like I never left” **** off. “Hey JL mate, just wanted to let you know mate, that ball his Smudger exactly where it hit Hughsey when that happened”. Seriously just **** off? Why would you say that? We were all thinking it, we have eyes, we saw what happened. Why would you think that was the right thing to say? Complete willy puller, I can’t wait for him to piss off and retire. 

5. I think there’s more going on in Steve Smith’s head than meets the eye. The bloke is incredible, but I think like all genius’ to a certain extent, on the spectrum. 

6. Does anybody have a ****ing clue what “Elite Mateship” and “Elite Honesty” is yet? Me neither. 

7. “PLENTY OF BAN-TA....DON’T MIND BAN-TA!” 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Not a TV show as such but Vice have put out a documentary as part of their Dark Side of the Ring series that focuses on Chris Benoit - split over two parts. Bit bleak as expected but interesting.

I watched the entire first series last week, and am caught up on S2 as well - New Jack episode was absolutely crackers. Really good show. The Benoit double parter is an exceptional piece of documentary making, covered the whole careers of Eddie and Benoit, and all the stuff with Nancy's sister and his son was emotional viewing. Highly recommend it for anyone who enjoys wrestling.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sdb said:

Best ones?

I actually came back to TED to watch some of the stuff from Bill Gates as he is an interesting  person (Despite his voice), but so much on so many topics :thumbup:

• Like 1

Did anyone watch The Loudest Voice? I know he is now dead, and I don`t wish to speak ill of him, but Roger Ailes does not seem to have been the most pleasant of individuals

• Like 1

On 05/04/2020 at 14:30, Manini said:

Key takeaways from the Aussie cricket documentary. 

1. Justin Langer booting that bin over after Lyon fumbled the run out at Headingley and then spending 5 minutes methodically picking all of the rubbish back up and putting it back in is no1 TV moment of the year so far. 

2. They were fooling absolutely nobody when they were all pretending to piss themselves at the abuse they were getting off the fans coming out of Edgebaston. They were all fuming I don’t care what any of them said. 

3. Finchey can come and play for England. He’s a good lad. So is Tim Paine. I liked Pat Cummings too. When Finch doesn’t review that bat pad catch and he finds out it’s not out when he gets back in just sums his honesty up. That was a genuine insight. When Paine said after headingley “just believe that the process we have in place to beat these blokes is going to work” that was the sign of a true captain. They were always going to come back stronger at OT. (Pissed myself that JL made the whole squad watch it again the day after though lol

4. David Warner is an utter **** of the highest order. “Oh I’ve come back in to the side, nothing’s changed its like I never left” **** off. “Hey JL mate, just wanted to let you know mate, that ball his Smudger exactly where it hit Hughsey when that happened”. Seriously just **** off? Why would you say that? We were all thinking it, we have eyes, we saw what happened. Why would you think that was the right thing to say? Complete willy puller, I can’t wait for him to piss off and retire. 

5. I think there’s more going on in Steve Smith’s head than meets the eye. The bloke is incredible, but I think like all genius’ to a certain extent, on the spectrum. 

6. Does anybody have a ****ing clue what “Elite Mateship” and “Elite Honesty” is yet? Me neither. 

7. “PLENTY OF BAN-TA....DON’T MIND BAN-TA!” 

How can I watch this-  Amazon Prime I presume?

Just watched The Mum Who Got Tourettes on ch4.

Whilst obviously incredibly difficult for her to deal with the humour which her and her family have used to deal with it is brilliant.

Also some absolutely brilliant comments that made me cry with laughter to the point of waking up my son upstairs.