Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Celebrity SAS on C4. Joey Essex the biggest surprise so far, Tony Bellew great value also especially in the boxing task. Katie Price, she’s got a set of bollocks on her for coming on the show but she’s just a ****ing idiot. 

Started now on season 1 episode 1 of Squeaky Blunders ...   Mrs CF whose family comes from that area insists the real Blunders were a group of young children and says it’s crap and their accents are sh1te  ...    I, however, will persist. 

45 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Debating on whether to watch Vikings or Last Kingdom to fill GOT void-  which series is better?  I cannot be bothered to watch both.    

Loved vikings especially the first 2 seasons. Not seen lost kingdom though so can’t compare. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Blur said:

Debating on whether to watch Vikings or Last Kingdom to fill GOT void-  which series is better?  I cannot be bothered to watch both.    

Both good but Vikings better ...   especially the early series ..  riveting stuff ...   the later ones are rubbish imo ...   when Ragnar stops appearing ..  turn off !!

10 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Both good but Vikings better ...   especially the early series ..  riveting stuff ...   the later ones are rubbish imo ...   when Ragnar stops appearing ..  turn off !!

Thanks,  should I even bother watching if the latter seasons went downhill?

1 hour ago, The Blur said:

Thanks,  should I even bother watching if the latter seasons went downhill?

The later seasons are not as good BUT i still did enjoy them. Very good series in my opinion. Lots of blood, fighting, death .. right up your street if you like that sort of thing. 

Edit to add.. the very last episode did tie the whole thing up very well. 

Edited by Suzie the Fox
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Suzie the Fox said:

The later seasons are not as good BUT i still did enjoy them. Very good series in my opinion. Lots of blood, fighting, death .. right up your street if you like that sort of thing. 

As long if the latter seasons are entirely watchable then that is fine.  I would still recommend GOT who may be similar to Vikings to others even that the final season was not the greatest.  

Thanks!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Edit to add.. the very last episode did tie the whole thing up very well. 

I got bored by then Suze but will watch the very last episode to see what happens ! ..   :thumbup:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Blur said:

Not seen Vikings but the Last Kingdom gets better with each series plus series 4 begins next week. Netflix has picked it up from the BBC and made it a very polished production. i'd really recommend it!

• Like 1

West World 3 is a major turn away from previous seasons though there is no good/bad guys, except maybe Bernard.

All the separate threads are starting to come together, Ed Harris is brilliant in this though, his therapy sessions though brief are amusing.

• Like 1

Good to see the BBC repeating Taboo via iPlayer, starring most blokes' not-so-secret gay crush, Tom Hardy.

Excitingly violent, atmospheric and downright strange for a primetime slot and also features GOT's Oona Chaplin who as well as being Charlie Chaplin's granddaughter I would file under 'quite nice', with added bonus incest

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I quite like Joe Lycett, and the premise of his consumer rights show is fair enough but it's excruciating to watch. Just feels like a constant stream of jokes that fail to properly land.

He’s definitely better when there’s other people to play off. The same with Sean Locke, on panel shows they’re brilliant but on their own devices they’re just not that funny because everything is a reach 

Finished S2 of Money Heist last night, which seemed like a perfect ending to the show. I Googled it and it was indeed supposed to end there, but for its unexpected popularity. No wonder it only has Dolby Vision from S3 onwards as that's when Netflix extended it and threw lots of money at it. 

Please tell me the last two seasons are decent and not just stretching it out for the sake of it? 

I was seriously considering just leaving it there and not bothering with 3 and 4. But then I saw the episode preview picture for Ep1 of S3 and it has Tokyo in a bikini.... 

Since we're stuck at home, I guess I'll continue!