Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

6 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

Everyone who hasn't done so already needs to watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and The Leftovers.

It upsets me the amount of people who I've recommended Always Sunny to, they've watched one episode and written it off. There are some episodes that I've pissed myself so hard I've ended up with trench foot

10 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

It upsets me the amount of people who I've recommended Always Sunny to, they've watched one episode and written it off. There are some episodes that I've pissed myself so hard I've ended up with trench foot

Same. It takes a while to find its feet and I can understand why some people stop after season 1. Season 2 has some good moments with the introduction of Frank, but it truly takes off in season 3. Season 3-8 are five of the best seasons of any comedy show ever imo. 

I always tell people to start with The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis. If you like that episode, you’ll like Sunny :) 

1 hour ago, VinceNoir said:

Same. It takes a while to find its feet and I can understand why some people stop after season 1. Season 2 has some good moments with the introduction of Frank, but it truly takes off in season 3. Season 3-8 are five of the best seasons of any comedy show ever imo. 

I always tell people to start with The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis. If you like that episode, you’ll like Sunny :) 

Yeah it was definitely ramped right up when Frank is introduced, and when he starts spiralling out of control it gets so much funnier

I point them to The Gang Gives Frank an Intervention, classic episode. "Where's the damn fire?!"

2 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Anyone watched the Shield? It's just reappeared on Sky box sets and I've heard good things although it looks like it's going to take a The Wire level of commitment (not that, that was a chore) to watching it all.

Yeah, I loved it.

7 series I think, so you're in for the long haul but well worth it.

It's probably a bit dated now (early/mid 2000's) but still enjoyable.

@The Bear is also a fan I think

I've just finished the Aussie Cricket documentary and enjoyed it. Great behind the scene look and insight into the stress, frustrations and disappointment of professional sport. It made some of them quite likeable but at the same time reminded us to dislike them at times.

Not sure about Langer, comes across a bit of a dick at times, Aaron Finch seems a good guy and the relationship between Stoinis and Zampa is a bit weird, good insight into the different personalities within a dressing room.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I've just finished the Aussie Cricket documentary and enjoyed it. Great behind the scene look and insight into the stress, frustrations and disappointment of professional sport. It made some of them quite likeable but at the same time reminded us to dislike them at times.

Not sure about Langer, comes across a bit of a dick at times, Aaron Finch seems a good guy and the relationship between Stoinis and Zampa is a bit weird, good insight into the different personalities within a dressing room.

I thought Langer came across alright. I wouldn't mind playing for him tbh

Yeah Finch seems OK as did Lyon and even Paine IMO. Warner is just odd and Smith really needs to get a life instead of 'shadow batting' 24/7.

The Stoinis/Zampa thing is either genuine gay love or a piss take and i still can't decide :D

On 02/04/2020 at 08:12, LcFc_Smiv said:

Anyone watched the Shield? It's just reappeared on Sky box sets and I've heard good things although it looks like it's going to take a The Wire level of commitment (not that, that was a chore) to watching it all.

Yeah it's great. You won't be disappointed. 

Didn't realise it had come on to Sky. It was previously just on All4. 

22 hours ago, The Bear said:

Yeah it's great. You won't be disappointed. 

Didn't realise it had come on to Sky. It was previously just on All4. 

Yes sorry its on All4 under the sky boxsets section, hoping to get started on Monday.