Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 01/02/2021 at 17:27, Stuntman_Mike said:

There's a Panorama episode about Daniel Kinahan tonight that could be an interesting watch, and not just for boxing fans.

Panorama, Boxing and the Mob is on BBC One on Monday 1 February at 21:00 and BBC iPlayer.

Was very interesting ..  the Kinahans are huge ..  you always know that when they call a gang a cartel ..   Tyson Fury needs to put some distance between him and them asap.   And we’ll done Barry Mcguigan  ..  the ONLY one to speak on air. 

Watched The Drowning last night ..  dear oh dear ..  slightly unbelievable and more holes in it than a down and outs underpants ...  well dodge casting ..  the mother wasn’t right and as for the brother who was a QC ..  looked more like a boxer or a guest of her Majesty’s ..  don’t they realise that all QC’s should be called Crispin or Dominic, have no chin and ancestors involved in the slave trade ..   overall very poor. 

43 minutes ago, Thefox81 said:

I thought that at the start but then i went with olly murrs. Sausage is sheridan smith and i think harlequin is macey gray 

Harlequin was de masked tonight. It was Gabrielle.

Ive just watched Ep 1 of "Superstore".. seemed ok-ish... i see there are 5 seasons, has anyone watched it.. is it worth the time?

Oh and can i just say again about how wonderful "Detectrorists" was, a truly delightful show.

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Ive just watched Ep 1 of "Superstore".. seemed ok-ish... i see there are 5 seasons, has anyone watched it.. is it worth the time?

Oh and can i just say again about how wonderful "Detectrorists" was, a truly delightful show.

Wife watches Superstore, she's onto season 3 now I think. I sometimes catch 20 mins of an episode with her. It is surprisingly funny but not sure I'd think the same if I saw more than 2 full episodes however!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

@Parafox going along with your Finding Alice & the Serpent try 'The Investigation' BBC Iplayer its in Danish with subtitles based on the true story - Reporter/Submarine

The Valhalla Murders is very good, also on Iplayer

On 10/02/2021 at 08:28, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Having watched maybe half a dozen episodes of superstore I class it as one of those shows you put on when you can't find anything you really want to watch or as a light palate cleanser after watching one too many murders docs. 

yep, up to episode 5 and thats it... will leave it for a time filler when i cant be arsed thinking

Anyone watch some of the old TV detective shows on Talking Pictures TV? Really dated but strangely charming, even when there has been a murder. One yesterday for example: man and woman arrive home to find the police there.

Man. 'I say, what's going on here?'

Detective. 'I'm terribly sorry to disturb you sir but you have had a break in. Could you tell me what has been stolen?'

Man. 'Oh, I see'. He then calmly asks his wife to check the safe. 'Why are there so many of your officers here detective? He asks.

Detective. 'It seems your maid was strangled and thrown from the bedroom window sir'.

Man. 'Oh, I see. Well look here, I need to attend a board meeting in 30 minutes, can I discuss this with you later?'

Detective. 'Certainly sir, here's my card. Sorry to have kept you'.

Man. 'That's quite alright. My wife will see you out. Goodbye detective.

Detective. 'Goodbye sir'.

:D

Edited by Free Falling Foxes