Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

About halfway through The Right Stuff on the Disney Channel. It's really good, definitely on a par with the film, which is saying something, as it's my favourite "true story" film. My only problem is the actor who plays Al Shepherd is a lookalike for Dennis Quake, who played Gordo Cooper in the film.

A must watch for anyone with even a passing interest in space.

Been watching Finding Alice which we really enjoyed ...  Keeley Hawes is superb and all the parents are top end actors ...   

However ..  it's finished with more questions than answers so, if they ever get round to it, another series is definitely required.   Personally, I can't be doing with series that just leave you thinking ...  hang on a fookin minute !! ..    when the credits roll up after the last episode.

• Like 1

Also watched The Investigation ...   a Skandi police investigation (I love em ...  especially with sub-titles) into the true story of the nutter who killed a journo on his submarine ...   nice and atmospheric and faithful to events ..  oh and well acted ...   but ..  a bit of a let down really and tbh I fell asleep several times ...

But, all in all ...   zzzzzzzz

Thank God I changed my mind and gave Peaky Blinders a go ...   loving it and only one series left.   Even though Cillian Murphy is a baby faced dwarf he still does a great job as the smouldering Tommy.  My favourite though is Arthur and I have been  wandering around the house a lot lately saying things like    "This kitchen is closed !! ...  By order of the Peaky fvckin Blinders !!"    Apparently my impression of him is very good but Mrs CF is getting a bit fed up with it now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Been watching Finding Alice which we really enjoyed ...  Keeley Hawes is superb and all the parents are top end actors ...   

However ..  it's finished with more questions than answers so, if they ever get round to it, another series is definitely required.   Personally, I can't be doing with series that just leave you thinking ...  hang on a fookin minute !! ..    when the credits roll up after the last episode.

Was disappointed with how it ended, so many questions were unanswered

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

I enjoyed watching it...but then at the end actually realised not a lot has actually happened. Also felt the character of Alice came across as hugely unlikeable.

Nigel Havers was fantastic in it.

On 24/01/2021 at 13:39, Tuna said:

Binged on Night Stalker, it's a very harrowing watch but utterly compelling. The crime scene photos may be a bit too much for some though.

Any good? Have this on my to watch list. Not sure if it’ll make for good viewing for better Half though. 

4 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Thank God I changed my mind and gave Peaky Blinders a go ...   loving it and only one series left.   Even though Cillian Murphy is a baby faced dwarf he still does a great job as the smouldering Tommy.  My favourite though is Arthur and I have been  wandering around the house a lot lately saying things like    "This kitchen is closed !! ...  By order of the Peaky fvckin Blinders !!"    Apparently my impression of him is very good but Mrs CF is getting a bit fed up with it now.

It's one of those impersonations everyone thinks they can do, a bit like David Bowie.

On 19/01/2021 at 13:20, Facecloth said:

Love Brooklyn Nine Nine. It weakens a little in season 6  but 7 it picks up again.

Only thing I didn't like was the Gina character.

Where did you watch Season 7 as I think it is not out on Netflix yet?