Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Wolves away post match

Interesting that one or two point to the team needing a "shake up" for the next match, on the back of a 4 goal home drubbing by Burton Albion. In 5 league games we have Vardy on 1 goal, Nugent on Nil and these appear to be NP's favoured front two which is worrying to say the least, Futacs would have been a better physical threat for the last 20 instead of Waghorn.

This is simply not true. They were crap and we gifted them the game. I repeat. Not good enough.

what about that statement is not true??

all of those players are individually better than ours, accept marshall is better than their foreign winger and kasper is better than ikeme.

Moore - awful passing and shocking from set pieces..

Nugent - poor finishing, not scored for 11 games

Dyer - Knockaert a much much better player

Knockaert: is a good player but he is an impact sub. The bloke ran himself into the ground in the time he was on the pitch and towards the end he was already tiring. I just can't see why so many people do not see how a whole defence shifts to one side when they have the pace of Dyer shitting bricks out of their right back.

Nugent: Its the same old story with the fans on this one, he isn't scoring every game so drop him, the bloke needs a goal he cannot get that from the bench. He was our top striker last season. He scored MORE than everyones bum boy Beckford and has played and scored at the top level of football. You don't turn shit over night ;).

Moore: Is a traditional CB, I just cannot see why our fans want a CB who pisses about with the ball. Everyone loved Bamba because he brought the ball out and 'passed' the ball to feat, they forget though the amount of times he lost the ball doing so and nearly cost us, I refer you to one of Morgans scuff up's today whre he did the same. Moore like a good CB gets rid and tbh I would prefer that then lose the ball in a dangerous position.

Bring on the next game. We are creating chances and playing well. The results will follow. Just be god damn patient. If we were playing shite and losing every game I would understand everyone's reactions but christ all mighty we are doing alright.

Fooking clueless,

What there'll was NP thinking of bringing MW on at 2-1 down when we have a proven premier league goal scorer sitting on the bench.

We just ain't good enough and we seem to be getting rid of anyone that is half descent.

Was DeLate any better than Peltier IMO no

we don't have a good enough striker to do that i cannot see any of our strikers playing the lone role

That is a fair point - and one I made last season. But, for me, our greatest weapon at th moment is that we have three pacey and tricky players in Marshall, Knocy and Dyer. I think that combination would create more space for the striker. ATM that probably has to still be Nuge. But his lack of confidence in front of goal is a real issue. In that format, we might see more from Vardy, too, as his pace might get more chance to be influential. If I'm honest, i agree with you re quality of our forwards. lots of peole similar, but none proving themselves worthy of a starting berth atm. But does that make it more logical to play two of them, though ?? Who knows. Either way, it's NP, so we know what the formation will be for the rest of the season !

I'm seriously confused by a number of posters saying shocking.

The let downs today (from TV viewing) the defending was below par for both goals. Our two strikers not taking their chances, how many more opportunities do we need to score? Should Beckford be playing instead of Vardy, who on todays performance wasn't up to standards.

The positives are that we are creating a number of high quality chances, our players seem to have higher energy levels than others.

For the next game I would think of keeping the same team and formation but swap Dyer for Knockaert and bring in Beckford for Vardy.

People need to stop acting like it's all doom and gloom, look at Reading last year and where they are now. I for one am still totally behind Pearson and the team. We just need to cut stupid errors out and keep our focus and determination.

Good performance, let down by a few lapses in concentration. I thought Drinkwater played pretty poorly and possession was given away cheaply a few times. That game tells me that we will be up there come the end of the season though. We certainly did enough to draw if not even win. I think I'm in love with Knockaert <3

Why exactly is that? We've overrun three good teams for the majority of the respective games, created plenty of chances and have looked decent in defense for most of the time.

That's not true today, may have been at the other 2 but definitely not today.

Even if you were judging it on just the second half, we didn't create many chances, we had so much of the ball but created very little. Wolves were crap, they were decent defensively, good at setpieces (though our defending made it easy) and very physical. But we had no answer to them. They sat back and invited pressure. We didn't overrun, they let us have the ball and we barely created anything in the scheme of things. We still played poorly in the second, it's just we were so unbelieveably bad and Wolves were more positive in that half, that's the only reason the second half encouraged some people.

But for me, the second half wasn't good at all. We had a lot of the ball, but still played very badly.

Can't knock Vardy for effort and attitude , he definitely looked more likely to score than Nugent who looks to be lacking confidence. On a couple of occasions he took an extra touch when an instant shot or pass would have been better.

Been at game. Disappointing again should have claimed a point.

We're starting too weak in games away from home. Stupid basic defending is costing us, today from set pieces and giving them a two goal hear start isn't good enough.

Moore was out muscled time and time again. He has played well but he's never going to be big enough to deal with the likes of Doyle, he seems to be a defender who'll be better against quick pacy strikers.

Vardy seems to be playing like he's in non league. Wants a touch too many all the time and keeps waiting for the ball to come to him. Mentally he is too slow at th moment.

Dyer was poor. Knocky changed the game.

Typical Waggy hit the post, typical.

Anyone saying NP out is a nob. Two wins and we'll be ok at least the hard games away have gone for now.

Why exactly is that? We've overrun three good teams for the majority of the respective games, created plenty of chances and have looked decent in defense for most of the time. The style of play is exactly what's giving us a chance of winning these games. Cut out the defensive errors, don't throw the ball away at every other opportunity and we look like dominating and shutting out any opposition in this league.

To be fair to them, RDL and Konch didn't put a foot wrong second half.

Yes they did. De Laet put in as many shocking crosses as good ones. Konchesky scored one screamer and other than that continuously gave the ball away all match.

Archived