Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DANGEROUS TIGER

Scottish Football

Guest MattP

Always thought Waggy looked a bit of a billy boy.

He has talent, he just lacks serious motivation by the looks of it. His form when he is on loan or about to be out of contract seems to get ten times better, if he brings his best with us in the Scottish Championship he'll tear it up.

If (and it's a big if) Rangers can get it together and somehow win the SPL again those players will be treated like heroes, he'll love his time there if if goes well.

Always thought Waggy looked a bit of a billy boy.

He has talent, he just lacks serious motivation by the looks of it. His form when he is on loan or about to be out of contract seems to get ten times better, if he brings his best with us in the Scottish Championship he'll tear it up.

If (and it's a big if) Rangers can get it together and somehow win the SPL again those players will be treated like heroes, he'll love his time there if if goes well.

If rangers get back in to the top half of the spl, they'll get better players than Waghorn.

If rangers get back in to the top half of the spl, they'll get better players than Waghorn.

I think you're seriously underestimating the Wagster there. I reckon he's easily good enough to play top half SPL. If he doesn't bag at least 30 league goals next season, assuming he starts the majority of games, I think he'd be disappointed.

Guest MattP

Challenge for the league maybe but I think he'd be fine in the top half at his best. Gary Hooper was a genius in Scotland and his strikerate in the Championship was barely better than Waghorn's in a better team and as an out and out striker.

Mark De Vries, Jo Hamill, Alan Maybury and Paddy Kisnorbo were all regulars in a third place team, the league is absolute dross.

Celtic have gone backwards without Rangers to push them to invest but the likes of Dundee and Aberdeen are much better than the Jambos were with De Vries et all.

It's not a great league but Waghorn is as prolific in front of goal as Matty James.

The likes of Scott McDonald, Deek Riordan, Gary Hooper and co were exposed for lacking an overall game outside of Scotland but they all primarily know where the goal is.

I can't see Waghorn munching up the goals at spl level at all.

id back myself to bag 25+ in the spl, let alone the ****ing first division. dead football there. shocker of a move. 

Must be on a decent wedge and he'll be working under a decent manager in Warburton. Taking a step back to move forwards I suppose. His Wigan career seemed to be a bit stagnent anyway.

Shame as I found him to be a really likeable guy when he played for us. Didn't see him playing below the championship by this stage of his career.

id back myself to bag 25+ in the spl, let alone the ****ing first division. dead football there. shocker of a move.

lol.

Good for waggy to bang some goals in. I mean maybe its the step down he needed to find his touch again?

Now he knows what it felt like for beckham, keane, henry, giovinco etc to move to the mlS. Its like mike tyson in his prime beating up on a 10 year old.

lol.

Good for waggy to bang some goals in. I mean maybe its the step down he needed to find his touch again?

Now he knows what it felt like for beckham, keane, henry, giovinco etc to move to the mlS. Its like mike tyson in his prime beating up on a 10 year old.

MLS was Beckham's Buster Douglas for a little while before he got his head screwed back on.

I don't see what's so bad (or even sideways) about Waghorn switching to Rangers from where Wigan currently are--especially if Rangers can make the step back up. Let the man play his game.

• 2 weeks later...