Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Watford Pre-post match thread

What a great game! Taking a 4 goal lead back to their place is fantastic.

I can't believe Lloyd scored a hattrick! Don't know which of his goals was the best? Either the 30 yarders he drilled in the top corner or his 20 yard header that looped over their keeper.

Massive credit to Kasper for saving three penalties as well! The ref had a shocker with all three.

And finally Jamie Vardy! Probably the best goal I've seen since supporting City, reminiscent of Maradonna vs England!

Can't wait for Sunday now!! COYB!!!!!

Bored much? lol

6 nil thumping at the hands of Leicester how are Udinese going to turn this round.

Knockeart with his first English hatrick and Wood, Nugent and King with the other 3.

They thought it was all over on Saturday it is now.

Watford will be back into there regular league position next season 15th.

I got chucked out five times after running on the pitch to celebrate our goals, then managed to get back in again. So the crowd was 32,004, not 32,000 like it said in the Merc. 

Poor old Kasper getting injured like that before kick off is never nice, then Conrad breaking his nose was devastating, shame Mike Stowell wasn't up to scratch, did well to take the lead thanks to a Wes Morgan 40 yarder, but after that I knew we didn't stand a chance, Stowell letting one through his legs, then getting chipped from 25 yards by Lloyd Doyley.

Bring on the second leg, but we must start Vardy.

Schmeichel - N/A - Didn't do much, but didn't need to. Took a goal kick once, I think?

De Laet - 7 - Good attacking threat. Kept them quiet on the flank too.

Morgan - 9 - THAT tackle. Vydra won't be walking for the next few days...

Keane - 8 - Took his goal well. Are we sure it's his brother who's the striker and not him?

Schlupp - 8 - Him and Dyer <3

Knockaert - 8 - Gotta say, I've never seen a triple-nutmeg-backheel before...  FLAIR.

King - 7 - Ghosted for much of the game, but didn't do much wrong. Made a good run to get his assist.

James - 8 - Solid, well defended and provided a good outlet for our defence to get us going on the break.

Dyer - 8 - Blistering run for our second, I swear I saw smoke coming off the back of his boots at one point...

Nugent - 7 - Standard performance. Linked up well with Wood and drew the defenders away to give Keane space.

Wood - 8 - Great header in the box, shame about the goal-line clearance.

Subs:

Vardy - 7 - Good to get a run out, Nugent seemed to tire a bit and Vardy kept the energy going.

St Ledger - 7 - Good to see the Irishman back on the pitch. Did well

Drinkwater - 7 - Steadied things up when they started to look aggressive in the last five.

Good to see the lads back at their best. The 2-0 advantage should put us in good stead for the away leg. COYB

I always knew Richie Wellens would make a quality makeshift forward - shame it took Nuge and Wood clashing heads in the warm-up to get him in there!

Vardy slotted in well, 2 assists contributed to Richie's hat-trick and 1 of his own.

Interesting call by Pearson to drop Kasper for Logan, but his scorpion-kick goal line clearance proved it was justified.

What a cracking game, but credit where credit is due when Pearson substituted Knocky for Jobber. It was a cracking goal from Jobber! 4-0 up in the first leg what a start :) The only down was when Jobber got his hat trick, did Foxfanazer and Bernie have to run on the pitch and start stripping off. Disgraceful behaviour! Families go to the football aswell you know! 

What a game!!! 6-6 at half time, who would've thought we'd go and score another 6. Not to mention the scorpion clearance off the line by big Wes to deny them. It's in the bag boys

When Vydra grabbed the mic off Birch at half time and stumbled through: "I feel like I've cheated English football therefore ill be cancelling my loan and returning to my parent club along with the other 24 of my team mates" in his broken English twang, what a hero!

Poor old Kasper getting injured like that before kick off is never nice, then Conrad breaking his nose was devastating, shame Mike Stowell wasn't up to scratch, did well to take the lead thanks to a Wes Morgan 40 yarder, but after that I knew we didn't stand a chance, Stowell letting one through his legs, then getting chipped from 25 yards by Lloyd Doyley.

Bring on the second leg, but we must start Vardy.

Funny stuff.

Archived