Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wight88

Watford message boards

To be fair they were completely setting themselves up for it.

It's quite freaky that we'll be put in their position on Saturday, what is it with the fixture list chucking those two fixtures next to each other?

Spot on mate, people are being far too cocky about Saturday, Forest are a good team who have not got the results that there performances deserve.

Spot on mate, people are being far too cocky about Saturday, Forest are a good team who have not got the results that there performances deserve.

One thing I've noticed with our fans is that a worryingly high percentage seem to never ever learn no matter what is thrown at us. Amazing that the same fans blasting Watford's pre-match arrogance are the ones mouthing off about how many we'll beat Forest by. Apologies to come across as a killjoy but we as a fanbase have a serious habit of ending up with egg on our face and it seems we never learn.

One thing I've noticed with our fans is that a worryingly high percentage seem to never ever learn no matter what is thrown at us. Amazing that the same fans blasting Watford's pre-match arrogance are the ones mouthing off about how many we'll beat Forest by. Apologies to come across as a killjoy but we as a fanbase have a serious habit of ending up with egg on our face and it seems we never learn.

I'm glad you said that.  Other people making that point would be accused of not properly supporting the team, looking for something to moan about, or some other nonsense when in fact it's simply a case of not being myopically fixated on the latest result.

I think most people are well aware we could easily go on a bad run at any time. Lots of things in life call for moderation. Being a football fan isn't one of them. The whole idea is to indulge yourself in irrational fanaticism. That's what it's all about. It's not as if a great deal of harm is going to come from it, so I say just roll with it and enjoy the moment.

I'm glad you said that.  Other people making that point would be accused of not properly supporting the team, looking for something to moan about, or some other nonsense when in fact it's simply a case of not being myopically fixated on the latest result.

Why would others be accused but not me?

It's true though. I want a win as much as the rest of us but the complacency from our fans, despite the fact we've had some simply staggering things thrown in our direction over the past few years, never fails to amaze me.

I think most people are well aware we could easily go on a bad run at any time. Lots of things in life call for moderation. Being a football fan isn't one of them. The whole idea is to indulge yourself in irrational fanaticism. That's what it's all about. It's not as if a great deal of harm is going to come from it, so I say just roll with it and enjoy the moment.

I'm enjoying it. No doubt about it. I just think mouthing off about how many we'll beat Forest by despite blubbering at Watford's arrogance is largely hypocritical.

• 9 months later...

Archived