Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Drinkwater

He'll never leave us, he loves the fans too much...

You so need to get off your daft soapbox about the fans 'upsetting the players'. And you say I bang my drum too much!

If he got a bigger contract at a bigger club he'd leave without batting a fookin eyelid. Whether he was 'loved' or not. You really do post some garbage.

You so need to get off your daft soapbox about the fans 'upsetting the players'. And you say I bang my drum too much!

If he got a bigger contract at a bigger club he'd leave without batting a fookin eyelid. Whether he was 'loved' or not. You really do post some garbage.

Sarcasm.

I seem to recall that when the team was announced for the Middlesbrough match on 3 August, there were general shrieks of horror at Drinkwater and Vardy being in the team. Funny how things change, isn't it? Maybe a lesson for some people to learn?

Just sayin'

If any team has common sense, they won't bother.

Because he has the capabilities of going shit again. 

He was excellent in the first half of last season, and he's been excellent again in the first half of this season.

Fans were praising him, then by January we were slagging him off.

Same could happen again, I hope not, but it might.

I didn't slag him off last season, he was no worse than anyone else during that awful run. He certainly wasn't 'shit'.

As I've said before, thank god Pearson isn't as fickle as some of our fan base. Drinkwater is yet another good signing by Pearson- cheap, hardworking, improving all the time. Enjoying watching him play this season.

He's a cut above. Can tell he's come from united. Definitely got something scholes like about him.

He has nothing 'Scholes-like' about him, except a decent tackle. He can't shoot for shit and hardly runs late into the box does he? Finally, his range of passing is nothing compared to Scholes.

Drinkwater is all energy. But as a player who can do damage to the opposition, he's miles off Scholes.

He has nothing 'Scholes-like' about him, except a decent tackle. He can't shoot for shit and hardly runs late into the box does he? Finally, his range of passing is nothing compared to Scholes.

Drinkwater is all energy. But as a player who can do damage to the opposition, he's miles off Scholes.

Scholes and decent tackle in the same sentence!!! lol

Scholes and decent tackle in the same sentence!!! lol

And very often an 'indecent tackle' too!

lol

Let's have it right. A number of the worlds best players have stated that Paul Scholes was the best player they had ever played against.

Likening Drinkwater to Scholes is barmy at present.

And very often an 'indecent tackle' too!

lol

Let's have it right. A number of the worlds best players have stated that Paul Scholes was the best player they had ever played against.

Likening Drinkwater to Scholes is barmy at present.

Oh yeah Scholes was great, and you can't say Drinkwater is like him, he's nowhere near. I was just picking up in the Scholes tackle thing, it's probably the one thing Drinkwater is better at than him, but 99% or footballers are better at tackling than Scholes. Scholes didn't have a "decent tackle", it was one of the most horrendous things in football. How he never injured anyone seriously I'll never know.

Oh yeah Scholes was great, and you can't say Drinkwater is like him, he's nowhere near. I was just picking up in the Scholes tackle thing, it's probably the one thing Drinkwater is better at than him, but 99% or footballers are better at tackling than Scholes. Scholes didn't have a "decent tackle", it was one of the most horrendous things in football. How he never injured anyone seriously I'll never know.

Fair play mate.

'Decent' was the wrong word. Strong is perhaps better...

lol

I think in James and DD we got a couple of gems. English players take a bit longer to grow up than they used to (perhaps because they don't play enough first team football), but they both seem to have done so-James late last season and DD this. It also helps that we have real competition for places-last year it felt too easy for DD to stay in the team when he was poor, this year James has done nothing wrong and can't get a start. Agree with other posters that PL clubs probably won't pay money for him yet, but I think he'll flourish even more if we go up.

It was a cheap dig at those who were giving him abuse now worried he'll leave.

If you really don't think the fans make a difference why do you bother going to games and making noise? There is still loyalty in football but it works both ways and you can't expect players to stay loyal to a club when the fans won't stay loyal to them when they in through a lean spell. This may be a result of many previous players showing a lack of loyalty during our revolving door years. Maybe we can't stop players from buggering off for more money, but we can at least make the decision harder for them by making them feel wanted here by the fans.

I seem to recall that when the team was announced for the Middlesbrough match on 3 August, there were general shrieks of horror at Drinkwater and Vardy being in the team. Funny how things change, isn't it? Maybe a lesson for some people to learn?

Just sayin'

That won't ever happen with a lot of our fans as proven on a number of occasions.

Nope, 3 months ago he couldn't get in our side, last season he was carp towards the end of the season, 2 months of playing well and you think he'll be moving?

he's only just worked out you can pass forwards, not sideways.

And no he wouldn't replace anyone from the O'neill side, there's a whole thread on that subject at the minute.

He's a different type of player to Savage and not in the same class as Lennon or Muzzy.

I do enjoy the Danny Drinkwater seesaw, one minute he's the heart beat of our midfield the next he needs to be shipped out asap 

Behave.

The player of the season should be for our best performer over the course of the year, not the most improved.

Dyer has done well but he is nowhere near as valuable to the side as a Knocky, Drinks or Morgan.

Your Joking arent you how many assists has Dyer got this season compared to Knockaert this season Dyers been far better player than Knockaert but Drinkwater player of the season for me so far

Your Joking arent you how many assists has Dyer got this season compared to Knockaert this season Dyers been far better player than Knockaert but Drinkwater player of the season for me so far

Spot on.

Why can't people start being more objective?

If you examine how we score goals (goals and assists), you'll find that the two most valuable players to the team, in that respect, are Dyer and Nugent. Look at the stats. They do tell a story.

Drinkwater ticks along. But he'll never score many, or set many up. His job is to win the ball back in midfield, which he does pretty well. See tackles won. Knocky is way off this season in terms of goals and assists.

If any team has common sense, they won't bother.

Because he has the capabilities of going shit again. 

He was excellent in the first half of last season, and he's been excellent again in the first half of this season.

Fans were praising him, then by January we were slagging him off.

Same could happen again, I hope not, but it might. 

oh god... bieber as your pic and as your sig. what next King fox 

Archived