Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Blackburn Post Match thread

Bit of a weird one really. Dominated the first half. But didn't take as many chances as we should and compound that by giving away a needless goal. They started so much better than us in the 2nd, and we didn't rise to their physicality or seem interested in trying to keep the ball. Despite they're domination in the 2nd, we still had the best chances to win it but couldn't get it in. Vardy and Nugent looked a bit tired. When was the last time they both did 90 minutes?

Blackburn were still dangerous though. Countless half chances and corners, hit the post and Rhodes turn Wasyl and was then fouled? On the edge or in the box? Nothing given.

Ah well. Draw away, 17 games unbeaten. 13 points out of 30 to get. 

Thought we played a lot better around the 70 min mark got hold of the ball with more composure. In fairness I thought Blackburn played well at a terrific tempo, draw not the end of the world, pity all the teams just below us won.

I thought it would be a draw as well.

Only downside that Burnley, Derby & QPR have won, two of which despite being quite far off, is still slightly annoying.

And we could have easily won, if it wasn't for Vardy missing a sitter.

17 unbeaten & of course still top.

Ok I suppose.

The subs steadied the ship while Blackburn were having their good spell at the start of the second half. Bit surprised Chris wood wasn't brought on, I thought we needed a bit more of a physical presence up front.

I totally agree, Pearson got the 1st two subs spot on. I'd would've liked to see Phillips in the last ten minutes though instead of King.

The subs steadied the ship while Blackburn were having their good spell at the start of the second half. Bit surprised Chris wood wasn't brought on, I thought we needed a bit more of a physical presence up front.

Think Wood was the wrong call, would have encouraged more long balls which Blackburn were dealing with with complete authority when we did try them.

As I said in the match thread, think we'd have seen Dyer today if he was available, need to get him fit. King was a good shout, didn't see much in today's game for GTF or Phillips and Wood through no fault of his own encourages that long play.

Frustrating match. We should have walked all over them and blew it. We didn't take our chances and conceded a very silly goal.

2nd half performance was very poor, the worst I've seen us play bar Leeds away pretty much all season. De Laet was hopeless and rightly subbed.

What is baffling though is how Hammond got on. I really cannot see a thing this man offers. He's probably the worst player in our squad at the moment. We've got Wood and Phillips sitting on the bench meantime. He really annoys me.

I think a draw was a fair result but we've given them the point because frankly we know we're miles better than them and only have ourselves to blame for letting them back into it.

Oh well,  we should beat Yeovil at home and then hopefully we'll put more of a gap between us and Burnley next Saturday.

Game turned on a moronic mistake by De Laet. Would have had a different complexion had that not happened right before half time. Again, far, far too many missed chances we could have had 4 or 5 and conceding yet again due to a stupid error. We shouldn't be gifting teams goals and why are we so poor at defending set pieces. And why can't we do anything with them? Have we even scored from a set piece recently? Given the way the second half started, 1-1 has to be a decent result but we missed an opportunity here, especially with all of the rivals winning.

Yeovil becomes a massive game, we must control and dominate. Need a Charlton/Ipswich like performance and watch Ishmael Miller, quality player, a handful and in form. Yeovil can score goals, are fighting for their lives and have nothing to lose. Nothing less than 3 points will do as I fancy us to struggle against Wigan, Burnley and Sheffield Wednesday, and after the Sheffield Wednesday game the table could begin to look very worrying.

Made the right ones for me. We can't just win by divine right, they came out second half and were absolutely bulldozering us, we HAD to change the shape. Had to. Simple as that, they'd have broken us down otherwise.

Really entertaining game and in the context of Rovers' second half performance and a bit of a horror show from RDL it's a useful point. Doesn't really derail us in the grand scheme of us. We still created the chances to win the game, didn't really get the rub of the green today. To Yeovil.

I think we needed someone different up top, Vardy was getting into good positions with no one to pass too, and King offered nothing more than James would have.

Schlupp was great today, have to say thought he was our best player well deserved MOTM .... removed my lingering doubts, now derserves to stay at LB  ... Vardy should of had a hatrick .. poor finishing, all in all good result ... going up

Archived