Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

James McArthur

We haven't seen how well Drinky and James will cope with the better opposition so it's an assumption they will be better also they'll be lacking match fitness.

I'd have them both on the bench and to come on for the last 20 mins.

But that's because Drinkwater & James are clearly better players. It would make no sense to replace our two best midfielders with King & Hammond.

Let's put this into perspective, King and Hammond have played 2 games (1 and a half for Hammond pretty much) and they've looked fine. I wouldn't say either of them has put in an amazing match winning performance though, and we've got 1 point from two games. They've not been the world beaters you are suggesting.

I can see the argument for leaving them in, but I can also see the argument for putting two better players in who were so massive for us last season.

The question is, first & foremost, who does the manager think will give us a better chance of beating the team we're playing?

disagree, i think hammond had two better 45s in the chelsea game than drinkwater had in the time he played in the everton game. performance over reputation for me, hammond and king 100% earned another shot with their performances over chelsea.

Disappointing that we're spending £7m on a midfielder if Cambiasso's coming.

If he's not coming then McArthur's an ok player for us to be bringing in - he'd certainly be pushing for a start.

I was hugely impressed with him at their place last season and I also thought he was the Matty James of the partnership with James McCarthy in the previous seasons for them. McCarthy got all the plaudits which a lot of it was deserved but McArthur was very, very solid for them. He'd slot right in alongside Drinkwater or Kingy.

Disappointing that we're spending £7m on a midfielder if Cambiasso's coming.

If he's not coming then McArthur's an ok player for us to be bringing in - he'd certainly be pushing for a start.

McArthur has years left in him and this spell has proven we're pretty short in the middle. No harm in both, surely, especially with Chucho (did I get that right?) being in for the short term.

Drinkwater or James must be out long term surely if both are coming?

It'll take Cambiasso a month or so to get upto speed though I'd have thought.

We will start to see us going 4-1-4-1 i'd have thought. I also think Cambiasso might play centre half, he's done it before and very well. He reads the game ridiculously.

Archived