Xen Posted 27 August 2014 Posted 27 August 2014 Cambiasso and McArthur. Gives us plenty of option to switch to a 3 in CM if needs be. If those two came in though, I reckon we might end up selling Hammond to make room. Would want Cambiasso in ahead of McArthur though, if we were to only gain one CM this summer.
Collymore Posted 27 August 2014 Author Posted 27 August 2014 Other Scott Parker Really? Not think he's a bit rubbish now?
Devonfox1884 Posted 27 August 2014 Posted 27 August 2014 Just McArthur. Cambiasso doesn't fit into our squad 'ethic' and I believe 5 CM's will be enough anyway.
StanSP Posted 27 August 2014 Posted 27 August 2014 Both. Given our midfield frailties so far this season, there's nothing wrong with having depth. Later down the line it could become vital, especially at busier times of the season (December/January time). I'd rather not have to resort to playing GTF in midfield again.
Harry - LCFC Posted 27 August 2014 Posted 27 August 2014 If he's got the right attitude then Cambiasso. Surely a far more able player than McCarthur even at his age. Just concerned about whether he really wants to play here or not.
Finnaldo Posted 27 August 2014 Posted 27 August 2014 I think wide midfield is an issue at the moment as well, although another cm would be useful. I'd say Cambiasso and another winger and we're about sorted for this window.
kingfox Posted 27 August 2014 Posted 27 August 2014 Both, or McArthur & Diaz. Think we need someone who can operate defensively, but can also play as a creative midfielder, Diaz will offer that.
Tielemans63 Posted 27 August 2014 Posted 27 August 2014 Both. Can't see why people see having a number of options as a problem. The PL is a much sterner test and we won't dominate like we did in the Champ so having different types of midfielder available is essential imho.
foxfanazer Posted 27 August 2014 Posted 27 August 2014 Both. Need numbers and a bit of quality. Would've loved to have made a cheeky bid for Mark Noble but I know we wouldn't get him. Would quite like us to go for McManaman too
Danizen Posted 27 August 2014 Posted 27 August 2014 Both. Hammond and King are both exceeding expectations and enjoying purple patches but I can't see that being the case for the rest of the season. Two battling performances puts them in Pearson's plans but it doesn't mean we don't need anyone else.
Unabomber Posted 27 August 2014 Posted 27 August 2014 This is like saying do you want fish, chips, or both? Both please and some mushy peas (another player maybe not as good)
Stadt Posted 27 August 2014 Posted 27 August 2014 Whilst Hammond has played well he hasn't been exceptional and I fully expect him to go back to being worse than average again.
shade Posted 27 August 2014 Posted 27 August 2014 Whilst Hammond has played well he hasn't been exceptional and I fully expect him to go back to being worse than average again. am I the only one that thinks Hammond could be tidy at this level if he was given a run? he gets stuck in, breaks opposition moves down and reads the game well, see his cutting through ball against Chelsea? zero to hero for me.
theessexfox Posted 27 August 2014 Posted 27 August 2014 When was he worse than average? He was never given a go, rightly so as we had two outstanding performers in his position last year, so the best time to judge him is off a run of games - he seems to be faring well now he's getting them.
crisp packet Posted 27 August 2014 Posted 27 August 2014 Gone with both. Horses for courses ... More options the better! We need more of everything..
Stadt Posted 27 August 2014 Posted 27 August 2014 am I the only one that thinks Hammond could be tidy at this level if he was given a run? he gets stuck in, breaks opposition moves down and reads the game well, see his cutting through ball against Chelsea? zero to hero for me.I just think it's a flash in the pan, he knows this is his only chance so he has to perform well.
Itsthejoeker Posted 27 August 2014 Posted 27 August 2014 Just McArthur. Cambiasso doesn't fit into our squad 'ethic' and I believe 5 CM's will be enough anyway. Care to explain your reasoning behind the Cambiasso comment?
W88DY Posted 27 August 2014 Posted 27 August 2014 Just McArthur. Cambiasso doesn't fit into our squad 'ethic' and I believe 5 CM's will be enough anyway. But McArthur can also play right-back, and he does a very good job their apparently !
DennisNedry Posted 27 August 2014 Posted 27 August 2014 I'm not sure I want Cambiasso. He clearly isn't that bothered about being here, otherwise he'd have signed weeks ago.
Buzzell Posted 27 August 2014 Posted 27 August 2014 Both, strength in numbers then. More competition too.
theessexfox Posted 27 August 2014 Posted 27 August 2014 Gone off the idea of Cambiasso after the whole saga, hopefully he'll turn out to be a top signing and prove me wrong.
gloucesterfox Posted 27 August 2014 Posted 27 August 2014 Just McArthur, I think Cambiasso would have been here a while ago if he wanted to be here if we are only the last resort if there are no other offers then I don't want him, I think we have just been used to smoke out other offers that do not seem to have come and now we look like signing another midfielder and the transfer window is near to closing he suddenly seems to want to sign and everything is reported to be going ahead. If he comes I hope he does well and I'll support him but it will be a while before I will be convinced he is committed to us after how he and his management have handled this transfer.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.