Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Roy M

Jermain Defoe

I've always seen him as a quick, hard working, off-the-shoulder, poacher sort of striker. That is probably what we need. Can see it going either way but hopefully it works out. If this and the Schwarzer deal get done early it shows Nige's intent in the market and to get our business done quickly so we can concentrate on results.

And the difference between Defoe and Vardy is?????

They still both need service and they are both quick, they are both small, Defoe by himself up front can't be any better than vardy being up front alone. IMO we need a good stong, tall number 10 who could drop into midfield and then hold up the ball to allow the midfield to catch up with play. then lay it wide for a good cross to attack. He may be a good squad player but he won't be able to do that..just my opinion

They still both need service and they are both quick, they are both small, Defoe by himself up front can't be any better than vardy being up front alone. IMO we need a good stong, tall number 10 who could drop into midfield and then hold up the ball to allow the midfield to catch up with play. then lay it wide for a good cross to attack. He may be a good squad player but he won't be able to do that..just my opinion

He can finish

Jesus ****ing Christ, I can understand people doubting him

Being a good signing but to even ask that question is beyond stupid.

Look at his career and tell me the difference.

Defoe has a better end product, I love Vardy but he could learn a lot from Defoe

Defoe has scored more than 1 goal in the premier league, 19 more international goals than Vardy and 55 more England Caps.

What am I reading??

Defoe is right tricky little bastard, can create and score a chance from absolutely nothing. Good long range finishing ability too. He reminds me of that kid at school who didn't want to pass the ball just try and beat everyone and get a shot away. Vardy is quick and has a goal in him, but Defoe is in a competent different league.

Defoe is right tricky little bastard, can create and score a chance from absolutely nothing. Good long range finishing ability too. He reminds me of that kid at school who didn't want to pass the ball just try and beat everyone and get a shot away. Vardy is quick and has a goal in him, but Defoe is in a competent different league.

oh ok

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/02/jermain-defoe-leicester-return-premier-league

Jermain Defoe is set to join Leicester City from FC Toronto. The Premier League’s bottom club have jumped to the front of the queue for the striker’s signature, ahead of Queens Park Rangers, among others, and they are confident of closing the deal.Harry Redknapp, the QPR manager, is on record as saying that Defoe was prominent on his list of January targets but it is Leicester who have made their move, and they hope that he can score the goals to help them avoid relegation back into the Championship.Defoe, 32, might need a little bit of time to regain his top-level condition, having not played since the end of the MLS season in October but his goal-scoring pedigree in the Premier League – at West Ham United, Tottenham Hotspur and Portsmouth – is proven.His record at Toronto was also good, even if his surprise move to North America from Tottenham last year has not worked out the way that everybody had hoped it would. He scored 11 goals in 19 games, including two on his debut in Seattle, causing tremendous excitement in Canada.But he ran out of steam, he suffered from injury and he missed matches. He was supposed to help Toronto to a first play-off appearance but the club fell short and his situation was soured by a statement made last September by Tim Leiweke, Toronto’s president.Leiweke questioned Defoe’s commitment and said that “if you don’t want to be here, get the hell out of our way”. Nobody has previously questioned Defoe in such a manner and he admitted in a Guardian interview last October that it had hurt.Defoe, who was overlooked by the England manager, Roy Hodgson, for last summer’s World Cup finals, has long seemed likely to leave Toronto. Leicester intend to provide him with a fresh challenge.

I was going to shag the missis tonight but after reading that I don't think I need to.

Defoe is one of my favourite ever strikers, so I'd love it if he came to us.

Not as good as he used to be, but we need an alternative for Vardy and Defoe is just what we need, good finisher and has the experience were craving for.

Get it done!

Archived