Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

19 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

The guards in Auschwitz were just doing what they were told to do - doesn't make it right.

Just for the record - I've been pulled by an unmarked car for doing 85mph on a 70 dual-carriageway and that's fair game - I've not got an issue with that - I took my fine and points, no problem. 

BUT - sitting in an obscured location at the bottom of a hill trying to catch people out for doing 33+ mph is bullshit - **** them.

And I wasn't even speeding so I'm not even butt-hurt about it; I just think it's ****ing pathetic.

These pricks won't send someone out to a burglary anymore because they 'don't have the resources' yet they sit some chump pig in a van on the side of the road in a properly bait location to spin money.

Makes my piss boil. 

The mobile speed camera vans are manned by civilian members of the police service, NOT operational police officers, precisely because the operational officers are needed for police work. 

Calling them "pigs" is nasty and offensive. Next, you'll be claiming Harry Roberts is your friend.

Edited by Parafox

20 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

The guards in Auschwitz were just doing what they were told to do - doesn't make it right.

Just for the record - I've been pulled by an unmarked car for doing 85mph on a 70 dual-carriageway and that's fair game - I've not got an issue with that - I took my fine and points, no problem. 

BUT - sitting in an obscured location at the bottom of a hill trying to catch people out for doing 33+ mph is bullshit - **** them.

And I wasn't even speeding so I'm not even butt-hurt about it; I just think it's ****ing pathetic.

These pricks won't send someone out to a burglary anymore because they 'don't have the resources' yet they sit some chump pig in a van on the side of the road in a properly bait location to spin money.

Makes my piss boil. 

Just before Christmas last year there was an accident on the motorway on my way home which caused 80 minute tailback. About a mile past the scene there was a police van sat with a camera. Of course they caught loads of people rushing home for Christmas after having been delayed for 80 minutes. It didn’t seem to occur to them that maybe helping out clearing the scene and getting the motorway open again might have been a better use of their time. In situations like that where they’re blatantly just being money grabbing bastards they deserve all the criticisms they get. I’m sure they’re “decent hard working blokes”, but they’re still fulfilling a parasitic function in society so **** them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

Just before Christmas last year there was an accident on the motorway on my way home which caused 80 minute tailback. About a mile past the scene there was a police van sat with a camera. Of course they caught loads of people rushing home for Christmas after having been delayed for 80 minutes. It didn’t seem to occur to them that maybe helping out clearing the scene and getting the motorway open again might have been a better use of their time. In situations like that where they’re blatantly just being money grabbing bastards they deserve all the criticisms they get. I’m sure they’re “decent hard working blokes”, but they’re still fulfilling a parasitic function in society so **** them.

I say again...

53 minutes ago, Parafox said:

The mobile speed camera vans are manned by civilian members of the police service, NOT operational police officers, precisely because the operational officers are needed for police work. 

Also, in a Road Traffic Collision, where there is, or there's a possibility of, fatalities, the police have to maintain the integrity of the scene for investigation work. They aren't deliberately trying to prevent you from going about your business. The Highways Agency Officers are now the ones who put out more cones, usually after the police and us, have arrived. They clear the scene of debris and damaged vehicles. The police are responsible for the safety of the scene and those working in it and I'm grateful for that.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, adam1 said:

Yesterday. Joining A50  from j23. On first part of A50 going past hilton. Overtaking a DPD driver who crosses into my lane forcing me to brake horn. Twat was on his phone and continued to type his text as i completed the manouvre. Some people.

If it's any consolation I saw a massive DPD lorry the other day that had come off worst after a coming together with a low bridge

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Got hit by a meathead in a van while stationery on my motorbike this morning on Welford Road. It was only a bump and I wasn't hurt/bike not damaged but f***ing hell keep your eyes open you idiot

Saw you in the pub last week ...   well the real Julian Joachim ....   and he still looked fit and ready to go ..    :thumbup:

15 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Saw you in the pub last week ...   well the real Julian Joachim ....   and he still looked fit and ready to go ..    :thumbup:

I'd never seen him in the flesh (besides at Filbert Street as a kid) - when we played Porto at home in the Champions League he was sat about 3 seats away. The next day I was walking my dog around Birstall and I walked past him as he was getting into his car. Mental coincidence

I hear he tells everyone he bumped into Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo twice in two days once, and no one believes him.

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo
  • Haha 4

As I was in a filter lane today turning right onto Uperton road, some bloke tried to undertake me by turning right when he was on my left. Spotted what he was doing so I pulled out before he had a chance to get past me and went all the way down Uperton road about 10mph just to p*ss him of haha.

13 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

As I was in a filter lane today turning right onto Uperton road, some bloke tried to undertake me by turning right when he was on my left. Spotted what he was doing so I pulled out before he had a chance to get past me and went all the way down Uperton road about 10mph just to p*ss him of haha.

10 MPH is quite quick for Upperton Road.

On 2/18/2018 at 09:23, Facecloth said:

Totally agree with you Izzy. Only thing is, all you have to do is look back through some of the politics threads on here alone, let alone out in the real world, to know what some people think of teachers. They may not use the term "pigs" but they talk about these hard working professionals in hugely disrespectful and derogatory terms.

Agree. The police do a great job and face unknown challenges every day. Calling them "pigs" is something 14 year old kids do. People should grow up!

Anstey Lane this morning.

Bus picking up passengers, queue of traffic from the lights right up to the bus, I wait behind the bus as there’s no point getting alongside him because a) blocking the right turn lane b) he might want to pull off. The three morons behind me decided that wasn’t the way to go and overtook me, to instantly block the right hand lane. 

Honestly this is the worst city to drive in I know. Do people get lined up and shot if they’re not at their desk by 9am?

On 2/22/2018 at 05:59, Livid said:

Anstey Lane this morning.

Bus picking up passengers, queue of traffic from the lights right up to the bus, I wait behind the bus as there’s no point getting alongside him because a) blocking the right turn lane b) he might want to pull off. The three morons behind me decided that wasn’t the way to go and overtook me, to instantly block the right hand lane. 

Honestly this is the worst city to drive in I know. Do people get lined up and shot if they’re not at their desk by 9am?

lol

"9:04 am. Sorry, but you know the rules. Up against the wall." 

• Like 1

Driving back from Devon today, (lovely weather for the week btw), queuing on the M5 as usual and some twat in a Ford Focus RS, thought he was above everyone else and was weaving from lanes 1 to 3 as he saw gaps appear in the queue.

A few hundred metres further on he was on the hard shoulder having clipped another car resulting in his front end dangling on the road surface. I laffed lol and laffed. lol

I wish I'd had a big sign to put up saying 

Image result for twat sign

• Haha 4

Had a dominos delivery driver take my driver side wing mirror off this evening. 

Parked cars were on his side, he was going at some speed, I had even buckled the curb trying to avoid him, but he still got it.

Got his personal details and spoke to the Dominos he works for who also confirmed their insurance details and told me to call their insurance company.

Is this my responsibility or theirs? I have no problem calling, but unsure on the process as this is a first time.

On 23/02/2018 at 20:07, Parafox said:

Driving back from Devon today, (lovely weather for the week btw), queuing on the M5 as usual and some twat in a Ford Focus RS, thought he was above everyone else and was weaving from lanes 1 to 3 as he saw gaps appear in the queue.

A few hundred metres further on he was on the hard shoulder having clipped another car resulting in his front end dangling on the road surface. I laffed lol and laffed. lol

I wish I'd had a big sign to put up saying 

Image result for twat sign

Problem is he ruined someone elses day.

On the M1 near Toddington Services north on Saturday I witnessed a twat do 100 up the hard shoulder... looked like a focus. New twat mobile. 

11 hours ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Had a dominos delivery driver take my driver side wing mirror off this evening. 

Parked cars were on his side, he was going at some speed, I had even buckled the curb trying to avoid him, but he still got it.

Got his personal details and spoke to the Dominos he works for who also confirmed their insurance details and told me to call their insurance company.

Is this my responsibility or theirs? I have no problem calling, but unsure on the process as this is a first time.

As far as I'm aware it's the responsibility of the insured to notify their insurance company of any accident. I think there's a time limit that applies also. Something like 5 working days.

I'd ring them myself if I were you, just to be sure.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

Has anybody else seen this nonsense about them wanting to introduce a congestion charge to the centre of Leicester?

Never heard such a blatant attempt at money grabbing in my life, the traffics nowhere near that bad

This, I assume you mean:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/congestion-charges-back-agenda-leicester-1255999.amp

Might be more popular than this:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/feb/27/german-court-rules-cities-can-ban-diesel-cars-to-tackle-pollution

Edited by Bellend Sebastian

Just now, BornBlue said:

People who drive up your arse, but won't overtake you.

There's no diplomatic way of saying this: it's usually women.

Or people that drive up your arse when you're at a section of road with average speed cameras so you can't actually go any quicker than you already are