Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

4 hours ago, Golden Fox said:

Really pleased for Moody - Niners took a lot of flack for taking a kicker so high in the draft, so pressure on every kick he takes as a rookie - he's missed a couple: potential game winner in Cleveland and a couple near the end of the season including a PAT (despite actually breaking the record for consecutive PATs) - but to make that 55 yarder in the Superbowl shows real composure.

Bad enough to burn a high pick on a kicker. Unforgivable to do it on a kicker from Michigan … literally cost them a Super Bowl.

41 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

it baffles me why this isn't played on a Saturday? Surely the global reach of it would be much enhanced if it was on a Saturday? Is it just tradition that keeps it on the Sunday?

Tradition would be like moving the FA cup final to a wednesday night. 

6 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

if that was a more suitable slot though, it would make sense. UEFA moved the CL final from Wednesday night to Saturday?

It is the highest rated sporting event of year (non world cup years) worldwide so i'm not they really need to sort a more suitable slot out? 

I imagine it only makes sense to some.

• Thanks 1

Kickers were great. 3 50+ yarders including a record. Some good punts too. I know it's not quite as hard as rugby kicking but still think they deserve more credit considering they are (I think?) the highest scorers on the team and are obviously more skilled than some huge guy that's good at falling on people. 

23 minutes ago, bovril said:

Kickers were great. 3 50+ yarders including a record. Some good punts too. I know it's not quite as hard as rugby kicking but still think they deserve more credit considering they are (I think?) the highest scorers on the team and are obviously more skilled than some huge guy that's good at falling on people. 

Don't know how firmly your tongue is in your cheek here but think your doing the linemen on both sides a disservice here in terms of how much they put into a game.

Kicking is high pressure and obviously has a big impact on the game, but your line is involved on every play and if either one is rubbish you will really, really struggle to get anywhere. Good kicker or not.