Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

How many points?

I got us as 

West Ham - Draw

West Brom - Lost 

Swansea - Lost

Burnley - Draw

Chelsea - Lost

Newcastle - Win

Southampton - Draw

Sunderland - Draw

QPR - Win

10 points equalling 29 points. But I still don't see any reason why we can't pull off four cup tie performances. 

I have us getting 14 points, ending the season on 33 points:

West Ham - WIN (2-0)

West Brom - DRAW (1-1)

Swansea - DRAW (0-0)

Burnley - DRAW (2-2)

Chelsea - LOSS (1-3)

Newcastle - WIN (2-1)

Southampton - DRAW (1-1)

Sunderland - DRAW (0-0)

QPR - WIN (2-0)

It's a big ask, almost doubling our points total in 9 games, especially as on the form of our last 6 games we're due to finish bottom with 22 points (0.33 form points per game).

But who knows, stranger things have happened!

WHam  L

WBrom  L

Swan  W

Burnley W 

Chelsea L

Newcastle L 

Southampton L 

Sunderland  W

QPR W

Lose the next two, mini revival and win the next two followed by a trio of defeats ending in relegation vs Southampton. Typically win the next two when it means fúck all with QPR laughing at us as we beat them but they are already safe.

Personally, I cannot wait till it ends and we can go again in the championship.

I am not picking an argument but I find that sad. 

Our last game  was a great game; far better than we will see or have seen in the Championship. Looking forward to the visit of Chelsea, it will be a big game for the division as a whole. I don't follow for victories. I follow for the ride of emotions, so when it does come off it's a proud moment. As dogshite as we've been at times, I have been very proud and very excited by us this season. 

But people take different things from following their club, so am I to judge? 

West Ham - Win

West Brom - Draw

Swansea - Lose

Burnley - Win

Chelsea - Lose

Newcastle - Win

Southampton - Lose

Sunderland - Draw

QPR - Win

14 points leaves us on 33 and we may pick up something from home games against Saints and Swans, its far from over.

Quite a few people saying a win Vs West Ham, really???

Think we've only beaten them once in about 40 years or something

A defeat against them is the least surprising result of the season, I fancy a result against Chelsea more than West Ham, although that obviously won't happen either

------------------------------------

West Ham - L

West Brom - L

Swansea - D

Burnley - D

Chelsea - L

Newcastle - W

Southampton - L

Sunderland - D

QPR - W

28 points - disgusting given the proven talent available & manager's lack of tactical nous regarding midfield and more importantly inability to learn

West Ham - Win 1-0
West Brom - Lose 2-0.
Swan - Draw 0-0.
Burnley - Win 3-1.
Chelsea - Lose 2-1.
Newcastle - Win 2-0.
Southampton - Lose 3-1.
Sunderland - Draw 0-0.
QPR - Win 3-0.

14 to end on 33. 

Unlikely to be enough. Needed a win against Hull or to take advantage of a surprise result at Spurs really.

Well i've just looked at the remaining games and totted up plenty of draws and I feel i'm being generous there, I struggle to see us winning any, I've got us down to win 1 which is QPR but that's no dead cert and being quite disrespective to QPR - I read people saying they are terrible but they're still better off that us and beat us this season already.

The more startling point and more unrealistic point that I have come across is that i've got us down to only lose 2, against Chelsea and Southampton, I can't see us only losing another 2 remaining games - dispite doing my quick tot up of points.

I got us down to get another 9 points but I think in reality i'll be a fair way off the mark, for the worse.

WHam 3 - they are in bad form and not as good away from home. Real opportunity here.

WBrom 1 - Tough to play under Pulis. Could be a real tough game but don't think they'll have the quality to beat us. 

Swan 1 - Good footballing team, although this usually brings about our best performances

Burn 3 - Really think they'll take us lightly, given some of their recent remarkable results. 

Chel 0 - Play well and lose

New 3 - Not as good as their position suggests. Some good midseason form has put them where they are

South 1 - Tough game, feel the Saints wont be competing for a CL place so may drop their levels, but still get a draw from us

Sun 1 - 0-0 written all over it

QPR 3 - Need a win to stay up, and we get it in front of a noisy KP stadium. QPR down, Hull and Burnley confirmed. 

35 points. Probably be completely the opposite now that I've said it

There's optimism but that's bordering delusional :blink:

There's optimism but that's bordering delusional :blink:

I was being optimistic, but is 4wins, 4 draws and 1 loss that that delusional. Agree that there isn't much inspiration we can take from this season, and that it is a monumental task for us to do it now, but the fixtures we have and if we can go on a bit of a run, without losing to a rivals we can do it. I know it's unlikely but teams have done it before and let's hope we are another example

I was being optimistic, but is 4wins, 4 draws and 1 loss that that delusional. Agree that there isn't much inspiration we can take from this season, and that it is a monumental task for us to do it now, but the fixtures we have and if we can go on a bit of a run, without losing to a rivals we can do it. I know it's unlikely but teams have done it before and let's hope we are another example

We've amassed points from 11 of 29 games. That's 38% of games we've got something out of.

To now get any sort of a return from 8 out of 9 games would be 89% of games.

That's being very generic but that would be a massive turn of events.

As a follow up. How many points would be acceptable and/or unacceptable?

I'd be disappointed with anything less than 10 from that run in, even acknowledging how poor we've been.

6 or less would be an embarrassment in keeping with the rest of our season.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived