Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Ben Hamer

Schwarzer as our back up,let's just hope Kasper doesn't get injured.

Too right.

Thankfully, Claudio said he'll be looking for a GK. Also, I think Schwarzer might be a pretty good unofficial GK coach - Kasper was way better after his injury last season, and I reckon it's probably down to training with him.

The Spurs free kick and his questionable distribution aside, he's a great keeper and far too good to be our third choice, was gutted when he was dropped last season but luckily Kasper found his form after Schwarzer's stint. If he worked on his kicking I'd say he'd be first choice, great reactions and more commanding than Kasper.

Also, beard.

I'm not sure loaning him to the enemy is a good idea? :unsure:

Why? He won't play against us, he'll play regular football and he doesn't need to move house.

If he'd gone to Watford or Norwich then that would be a different scenario.

My only concern with loaning to Forest is their finances. They are beginning to develop a reputation for not paying bills on time.

Taken from the Guardian when Forest were first placed under a transfer embargo

"There is no suggestion that the Forest chairman and owner, Fawaz al-Hasawi, is experiencing financial difficulties but there have been issues regarding the distribution of money since the Kuwaiti’s takeover of the club in the summer of 2012.

The Reds have been late in paying clubs for players, with Hull and Palace thought to have been left waiting for payments owed for the Tom Ince and Jack Hunt loan deals. Many agents and club suppliers are also understood to have been paid late – or are still awaiting money."

and from the Derby Evening Telegraph

DERBY County are making no official comment about a report that they have complained to the Football Leagueicon1.png over an unpaid £85,000 bill from rivals Nottingham Forest.

The Daily Telegraph has reported that the two clubs are rowing over a payment related to ticket money from their meeting at the iPro Stadium last month.

Derby are said to have written a letter to the League and demanded action be taken.

They allege that Forest missed a seven-day deadline to repay the outstandingicon1.png amount last week and have been un-cooperative on the matter.

I like Hamer. Did nothing wrong while Kasper was injured and shouldn't have been dropped. I prefer Hamer to Schwazer. But fair play if he actually wants to play football, I can understand that.

Think Forest would be chuffed to be classes as a rival, it gives us the chance to get a 3rd choice player game time at a decent level and lets be  honest if he is covering Matt Mills he will get plenty of practice.

I like the man! Been here a while and we gave him a chance in PL. He F*^k£d up... free kick against Spurs! I remember him punching the ground knowing it. Schwarzer has a year to go as our No. 2 and don't forget Schmeichel's dad wanted in to manage. Peter will always be pushing for his son to stand between the sticks at old Trafford.

So keeping Ben in form and learning at (I hate to say it) a good standard championship side is only in our best interest.

Perhaps a future star for Leicester, so why lose him?

What is his contract situation? :unsure:

I've been told it's a season loan with a view to a permanent transfer at the end if it suits all parties (is he out of contract at the end of the season?)

he signed a 4 year deal I think

They do make a good point on the forum, Hamer's distribution is not all that bad, but we are comparing him to Schmeicel who can, in their words, twat the ball.

Wish him the best though, too good for third choice.

Yes Hamer is on 4year contract as are a number other players all of which would probably had a clause in their contacts that should we be relegated result in a big pay cut possible reason for the great escape not Pearson's motivation at all. Saw somewhere on here that Hamer was on the bench at Man U the decision was not a footballing one,this leads me to think that Peason's buddy Marc's possible hefty pay packet which had to be justified to the detriment of the team and results,this may have contributed to him getting the bullet

Yes Hamer is on 4year contract as are a number other players all of which would probably had a clause in their contacts that should we be relegated result in a big pay cut possible reason for the great escape not Pearson's motivation at all. Saw somewhere on here that Hamer was on the bench at Man U the decision was not a footballing one,this leads me to think that Peason's buddy Marc's possible hefty pay packet which had to be justified to the detriment of the team and results,this may have contributed to him getting the bullet

The decision to leave Hamer out WAS a footballing one. 

Pearson subsequently called Hamer into his office. Pearson told Hamer he'd done nothing much wrong but his gut feeling was to go with the experience of Schwarzer ahead of him and he would ultimately have to live and die by that decision. Hamer appreciated Pearson's honesty and knuckled down in training.

There was some daft story doing the rounds about Pearson telling Hamer to get his beard cut and that led to a fall out but that was actually a load of bullshiit.

Also... "a number other players all of which would probably had a clause in their contacts that should we be relegated result in a big pay cut possible reason for the great escape not Pearson's motivation at all"

Not sure that argument stacks up. If these players wanted to avoid the pay cut following relegation, why did they leave it until the last nine games to suddenly pull their finger out? The players were behind NP all season - the credit for the great escape was not down to one person, it was down to many things, Pearson included. 

Why is Schwarzer no2?! He is very old even for a keeper and he wasn't agile enough for me when he played last season. Hamer did pretty well when he played last season and for crying out loud he's about 20 years younger!! Strange one for me. The only good night is we can recall him.

Pearson subsequently called Hamer into his office. Pearson told Hamer he'd done nothing much wrong but his gut feeling was to go with the experience of Schwarzer ahead of him and he would ultimately have to live and die by that decision. Hamer appreciated Pearson's honesty and knuckled down in training.

There was some daft story doing the rounds about Pearson telling Hamer to get his beard cut and that led to a fall out but that was actually a load of bullshiit.

Also... "a number other players all of which would probably had a clause in their contacts that should we be relegated result in a big pay cut possible reason for the great escape not Pearson's motivation at all"

Not sure that argument stacks up. If these players wanted to avoid the pay cut following relegation, why did they leave it until the last nine games to suddenly pull their finger out? The players were behind NP all season - the credit for the great escape was not down to one person, it was down to many things, Pearson included. 

Well the decision to keep faith with Schwarzer after his gaff against Villa certainly wasn't a football decision. 

Bizarre that, once again, Ranieri is just echoing the decision already made by Pearson...  Who is actually making all these calls?

Why is Schwarzer no2?! He is very old even for a keeper and he wasn't agile enough for me when he played last season. Hamer did pretty well when he played last season and for crying out loud he's about 20 years younger!! Strange one for me. The only good night is we can recall him.

If we have a recall option on Hamer then it makes perfect sense for him to be on loan with Schwarzer on the bench.

Hamer improves and is ready if needed, we have an experienced keeper on the bench should something happen to Kasper short term. Who also adds to the club with his experience

The alternative is Hamer on the bench all season, if Kasper remains injury free he gets no game time and stagnates.

Well the decision to keep faith with Schwarzer after his gaff against Villa certainly wasn't a football decision.

Bizarre that, once again, Ranieri is just echoing the decision already made by Pearson... Who is actually making all these calls?

Was Ranieri here when Hamer's loan deal was agreed?

Pearson's persistence with Schwarzer was an odd one, useful to have as cover and for his experience, but we should have a better numbe 2.

Hamer will get his chance at Forest and if he proves himself he will be recalled if not we'll be shopping around.

Booooo. If the decision was a footballing one what does that mean for all the 'Pearson is a nutter' loons? Shame on you

Archived