Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ScouseFox

Kramaric to Hoffenheim

Guest CityFan 06

Well, best of luck to Andrej at Hoffenheim. I still like him and rate him, but it just didn't seem to work out here at Leicester. I think he will do well at Hoffenheim though, he's scored a fair few goals there already.

Terrible shame the way it's worked out.

Clearly talented but we never really persevered with him in the same way we did with Shinji and Ulloa. People say Krama was poor at times and they're correct but those 2 have been just as dreadful in long spells as well.

I'm sure there's an underlying reason for it behind the scenes, it's fair to say our coaches know what they're doing most of the time but people are blinkered if they think it's all down to talent because that's clearly not true.

We should be shopping for at least 1 striker this summer.

Our staff rated him at the start of last year and we really had to press hard to sign him, you'd think if its only £3m initially we've stuck a few sell on & appearance fees in there.

Best of luck to Krama, a quality player who deserves to show his talents regularly

Who has been worse? Maybe Inler, Maybe Benalouane, but they were both cheaper and could still have a role to play.

Edit: Ah just realised we made a lot of shite signings over a decade ago. Arguably the worst/least successful of this spell in the top flight.

Ade Akinbiyi - account for inflation and they're about the same price (£5m at the turn of the millenium would be just shy of £8m in todays money), and Akinbiyi was just terrible; Kramaric at least had talent but didn't suit the style of play.

Ade Akinbiyi - account for inflation and they're about the same price (£5m at the turn of the millenium would be just shy of £8m in todays money), and Akinbiyi was just terrible; Kramaric at least had talent but didn't suit the style of play.

Akinbiyi scored one in four in his first season.... Should've scored more, but still represents better value than AK

Terrible shame the way it's worked out.

Clearly talented but we never really persevered with him in the same way we did with Shinji and Ulloa. People say Krama was poor at times and they're correct but those 2 have been just as dreadful in long spells as well.

I'm sure there's an underlying reason for it behind the scenes, it's fair to say our coaches know what they're doing most of the time but people are blinkered if they think it's all down to talent because that's clearly not true.

We should be shopping for at least 1 striker this summer.

Dreadful in long spells? Shinji and Ulloa? Really?

scored more goals at a better strike rate in a team that went down...

if it wasn't for his pricetag when we bought him nobody would really care. he looked exciting and bright in very, very brief moments but let's face facts, he never got a look in because he wasn't good enough to play how we play. then he got dropped completely after missing a few sitters off the bench, then he got sent on loan and now sold. 

the attachment and longing for him is, and always will be a bit bizarre to me. 

hope he has a good career and we hear more about him because if we don't we'll all forget he even existed in a few years time. 

scored more goals at a better strike rate in a team that went down...

Actually that team stayed up the year he played majority games.

I had the pleasure (?) of watching the entirety of that season.

What made Akinbiyi a bad signing wasn't the goals return, that wasn't too shabby for a debut PL season weighted with pressure, but the amount of chances he missed. Our midfield created so many chances that he failed to capitalise on. A cursory glace at Wikipedia tells me 10 goals in 43 games, 9 in 37 in the league. No record of assists. Of course, this number should have been MUCH, MUCH higher.

It is also worthy of note that Akinbiyi, too, came with a very impressive pedigree. At the time of signing for us he had never gone 3 games without scoring, albeit at Championship level and below.

There is a convincing argument for Kramaric representing our worst signing, though it isn't one worth having on FoxesTalk, as people are blinded by the name and cost of AK.

Dreadful in long spells? Shinji and Ulloa? Really?

Ulloa was awful during the winter of our discontent (2014-15) but he never stopped trying and giving his all like Shinji. The issue with Krama seemed to be lack of effort when things weren't going his way.

Kramaric isn't our worst signing, for a few games last season he had a thankless lone striker role away from home and very little to work from. This season, for whatever reason, Ranieri didn't fancy him so it's best to move on. Shame because I thought he'd have a big season.

Ulloa was awful during the winter of our discontent (2014-15) but he never stopped trying and giving his all like Shinji. The issue with Krama seemed to be lack of effort when things weren't going his way.

2 successive managers of Leicester, and 2 of the greatest to boot, haven't rated him enough.

This, for me, is indicative of a wider issue. Perhaps it is a lack of professionalism, a lack of effort or something else, but to be all but dismissed by both Pearson and Ranieri is damning enough for me.

Kramaric isn't our worst signing, for a few games last season he had a thankless lone striker role away from home and very little to work from. This season, for whatever reason, Ranieri didn't fancy him so it's best to move on. Shame because I thought he'd have a big season.

Agreed. Dennis Wise is our worst signing, people who love to throw stones at both Akinbiyi and Junior Lewis always seem to overlook this.

Our worst signing, to date, is Dennis Wise.

Archived